Chapter Five

Pacific Harbor, Oregon
       Two hours later
     That car was actually very comfortable to sleep in.
We stopped at some hotel, I'm not sure what for. I can see how nervous Sean is about telling Daniel what happened. Daniel is playing chase with Mushroom, they're so cute. Sean and I are just sitting there watching them.
     "Are you gonna be ready to tell him..?" I whisper to Sean.
     "I'm not sure.. I'm really scared too." Sean admits.
    "It's okay Sean, I'll be there with you." I tell him as I rub his back.
  Sean looks down and sees a stick. He gets Mushrooms attention and throws it. Mushroom runs after it and brings it back.
     "He's so cute!" I say.
   Sean nods in agreement and throws it again. This time, the stick has some necklace with a shark tooth. Sean untangles the necklace off the stick and holds it.
    "You just killed a shark!" Sean sarcastically says to Mushroom, "You deadly Mushroom."
      "She's awesome!" Daniel says.
    Sean then gives Daniel the stick to play with Mushroom.
     "Don't throw it to far!" Sean says while smiling.
    "I won't! I swear! I mean... I promise." Daniel says.
    "Here y/n, you can have the necklace." Sean says as he gestures towards giving me it.
     "Oh.. thank you.." I reply. I put the necklace in my bag to wash it later in case of anything on it.
  We watch Daniel play with Mushroom for a bit, and then I hear Brody.
      "Looks like those two are getting along."
      "It's good to see him like that." Sean replies.
      "Well, I got you that room." Brody says.
      "Really?!" I ask.
      "It's only a room, it's no big deal." Brody replies
      "Look, I had a tough times when I started out, and some strangers saved my life." Brody tells us as he holds out the key to give to Sean.
       "Thank you..." we both say as Sean takes the room key.
      "Now it's my turn to help someone," Brody says. "It's right there, room 10, on the second floor."
We sit there in a awkward silence for a bit.
       "Listen, I don't want to freak you out, okay? But.. you have to be twice as careful now." Brody says. "I know it's easier said than done but you have to get rid of that phone."
       "Okay." I say.
       "You can always get a burner later, trust me." Brody tells us. "And Sean? Talk to Daniel, he deserves t—"
     "You're not leaving.. are you?" Daniel asks.
       "Yes I am, but not until Santa Brody gives you a goodbye gift." Brody says. "Ta da! Er, I mean ho ho ho!"  
      "And don't you dare argue about it." Brody states. "I'll leave it right here if you do."
       "Okay, you win..." Sean says as he takes the bag. "Thanks Brody.."
Sean puts on the backpack and adjusts it a bit.
      "Feels good." Sean says.
      "Looks like this is yours now." Sean says as he gives Daniel his old one.
      "As always..." Daniel adds quietly.
     "Hold on, I didn't forget you." Brody says to Daniel.
Brody takes out a bandana.
"I've had it since my first road trip, and it's always kept me safe. Now it's yours." Brody gives the bandana to Daniel while smiling.
"Cool... Hmm.. do you think it's okay if she wears it?" Daniel asks while bringing it to Mushroom. "Like our official guard dog!"
"Sure.. it's your bandana now." Brody replies.
"Here y/n, I didn't forget you either." Brody says as he gives me a fox charm.
"Thank you Brody.." I say as it's silent.
"Okay.. time for me to hit the road again.." Brody breaks the silence.
I look at everyone with a sad look.
"Hey, don't look so sad," Brody says, "You can reach me on my blog, A Tribe Called West, so you better keep me posted when you can."
"We will, thanks again Brody." Sean says.
Brody goes in for a hug with Sean.
"Hah! Bro-hug!" Brody says.
Brody then looks at Daniel and gives him a long hug. He then comes to me and hugs me.
"Thanks for everything Brody." I whisper.
"Wish you could stay with us.." Daniel says.
"Me too, kid..." Brody replies.
Brody waves goodbye as he walks away.
"Sorry, I'll probably think of a better goodbye while I'm on the road, but until then, take care my dudes." Brody says.
"Bye Brody!" I say.
He waves goodbye one more time as he drives off.
"I'm gonna miss him.." Daniel says.
"Me too.." Sean and I reply.
We all start walking to the room on the second floor. Daniel talking about random stuff. Brody was such a nice guy, he knew about Sean and Daniels incident in Seattle and didn't turn them in. He's such an awesome dude.
     "Here we are!" Sean says as he opens the door.
We all walk in and walk to the beds.
      "Ooh! There's a TV!" Daniel exclaims.
     "Yeah, you guys can have the bed in front of the TV, I don't mind at all." I tell Daniel.
      "Awesome!" Daniel replies as he hops on the bed with Mushroom.
I look around, it's just an average hotel room with a balcony. It'll be a good place to talk to Sean about what happened a bit more and have privacy. I walk in the bathroom and see Sean running a bath.
      "Oh fuck sorry, bad habit of just walking in, hehe...." I say.
       "You're fine y/n, I'm just getting it ready for Daniel." Sean replies.
      "Oh okay, when you're done meet me on the balcony." I tell him quietly.
Sean nods and I walk towards the balcony. I look at Daniel and he's watching hotdog man.
      "Oh y/n! Do you wanna watch HotDog Man with me?" Daniel asks.
       "Uh... sure!" I say as I sit next to him. 
We watch hotdog man for a bit til Sean calls Daniel to take a bath.
      "Aww man.." Daniel cries as he gets up.
     "I'm gonna go to the balcony for a minute, okay Daniel?" I tell him.
He nods and walks toward the bathroom as I go outside to the balcony. I have to throw my phone away... I can always get a burner as Brody said but, I think I should call Alex again.. get some closure. I dial his number and it starts to ring.
      "Hello?" I hear his voice.
       "Hey Alex.. how are you doing?" I ask.
      "Oh my god y/n!" Alex says.
      "Hey Alex, I don't have much time to talk, I just wanted you to know that I'm still okay. I met some nice people, but I have to get rid of my phone." I tell him straight up.
      "Oh... y/n... I miss you so fucking much." Alex tells me.
      "I miss you too.." I tell him.
     "Y/n, the cops are looking for you. I keep lying for you.." he says.
     "Fuck.. I shouldn't have called then.." I say.
     "No, it's okay. I just wanted you to know... I'm doing everything I can to keep you safe.." Alex says.
     "Thank you Alex.. I just had to make sure you were okay too.." I say as I tear up.
      "Y/n... don't cry. Everything will be okay. Who are the people you met?" Alex asks.
      "Their names are Sean and Daniel.. they're so nice... I just met them but I trust them." I say.
      "Wait.. the people in the Seattle incident?" Alex asks.
      "Oh.. you heard about it.. but yeah. They're nice though." I say.
      "Don't get yourself hurt y/n.." Alex says.
      "I won't. You know I'll be okay..." I say. "Alex I have to go now... I'll call you next chance I get, I love you.."
      "I love you too y/n..." Alex says as I hang up.
I tear up more and turn around to see Sean.
      "Sorry, didn't mean to eves drop." Sean says.
      "It's okay... I had to talk to my bestfriend before I threw my phone.. the cops are looking for me too.." I tell him as I wipe my tears.
       "Yeah.. I figured." Sean says. "If they find out you're with us then.. who knows."
      "I'm willing to take that risk." I tell Sean with a smile.
Sean sits on the chair and takes out his phone and I hear Daniels voice, Seans voice, and another mans voice. He motions me over to him and I watch the video he's playing with him. I hear Sean start to try to cover his huffs of crying so I put my arm around him. Once the video is done he puts his phone down and puts his hands over his face.
     "Hey.. it's okay Sean..." I comfort him as he cries. He gets up and throws his phone towards the ocean, as do I. Then I put my arms around Sean and hug him tight.
     "Was that.. your dad?" I ask.
Sean nods and I frown at bit as I hug him tighter.
      "Are you.. ready..?" I ask.
     "No.. bit I know I have to do it." Sean says.
We walk in and hear music playing and Daniel dancing on the bed.
     "Sean! Y/n! Dance with me!" Daniel exclaims.
I look at Sean and he nods as we stand on the bed and dance with Daniel. We're all laughing and being kids, after a few minutes Sean gets off the bed and turns off the TV.
     "Aww.." Daniel cries to Sean.
     "Daniel.. I need to talk to you." Sean says to Daniel.
This is the time.. I hope it goes well. I'll be here for everyone though.
      "First can we get something to drink! I'm thirsty!" Daniel complains.
      "Okay..." Sean says as he gets up and leaves the room.
Daniel and I sit in silence, then he turns on the TV and starts switching channels. Everything flashes before my eyes. One minute everything we normal. Now.. everything is flying in the room. What the fuck? I quickly find Mushroom and pick her up. Then I look at the TV.. it was their dad.
     "Daniel! Please calm down!" I scream.
     "You guys lied!" Daniel screams.
I hear the door open and slam back closed, and Sean is beside me.
      "Daniel! Hey! I'm sorry I was gonna tell you!" Sean says as he gets closer. I had Mushroom in my arms as we were trying to calm him down. Finally, we did and Daniel cries in Seans arms. I get beside them as I set Mushroom down gently and hug Daniel.
      "Don't lie to me ever again.." Daniel cries.
      "I won't, I promise...." Sean says.
     "I won't either.. I promise.. I'm so sorry Daniel..."

      The next morning we're all on a bus next to eachother. Daniel has his head on Sean's shoulder. Daniel also has Mushroom in his lap. I'm sitting next to the window admiring everything.
      "Sean? Can you tell me a story..? Like Dad did..?" Daniel asks.
     "I might not be as good as Dad.. but yeah.." Sean says.
Sean starts telling a story as we ride off, somewhere.

     Hello everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been updating! I ended up getting the flu and it just messed up my inspiration to write :( I hope you understand! I'll be updating more now that I'm done with drivers ed, I'm done with the flu, and I got my permit! Thank you for all the support <3