Chapter Fourteen

I was sitting with Sean and Daniel at the place we met.
     "Hey Sean, y/n?" Daniel says. "I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to.. it was a bad idea.."
      "Daniel.. no way.. it's all good." Sean says.
    "It's okay Daniel." I say. "We didn't know it would happen.."
      "I wish we didn't go along with Finn.." Daniel sighs. "Even though I wanted to.."
      "It's okay, dude. You're my brother, and that's all that counts.." Sean says.
     "So, why don't you come and get me?" Daniel asks.
      Daniel proceeds to get up and walk towards the edge of a cliff.
     "I'm alone Sean, y/n.. I don't know what to do.. I'm scared.." Daniel says teary eyed.
      "Don't get so close to that edge!" Sean warns.
      "Please, come and get me!" Daniel cries.
     "Yes! I swear!" Sean says.
       "We're trying Daniel!" I cry.
     Daniel looks us dead in the eye before falling off the cliff.

     "Daniel!" I exclaim.

A Hospital in Northern California
     Two Months After the Crash at Merrill's
"Ugh.." I start to talk to myself. "I fucking hate this place."
I hear a door open.
"Hey y/n." Joey says.
"Hey Joey, hows Sean?" I ask.
"He's doing well, he said he misses you." Joey tells me.
"I miss him to.." I sigh. "Do you have my message from Sean?"
Yes, and I have good news." Joey says. "I can let you go tommorow."
      I didn't even realize it, but I threw my hurt arm up and cover my mouth.
     "Damn.." I sigh.
     "Does your arm still hurt?" Joey asks.
      "It's okay, but I'm just more upset I have the leave.." I sigh. "I don't wanna go back to them."
"Oh.. I'm sorry y/n. We can help you with that if you need us to." Joey tells me.
Joey is Sean and I's nurse. He's been taking good care of us, and he's passing notes for us so we can keep in touch. He's literally in the next room! I wanna go see him so bad..
"I forgot to tell you, you have visitors." Joey says. "Your parents, and they brought one of your friends."
"Shit.. my parents.. and I'm assuming Alex?" I ask.
I get a small nod, and I soft smile forms, not for my parents, but for Alex. I haven't seen him, or talked to him since we were at the hotel.
"Do you want them to come in now?" Joey asks.
"Yes, please." I respond.
"I'll go get them." Joey says.
Joey got up and left to room to go get them. I'm gonna get scolded for leaving..
"Y/n!" I hear the familiar voice call at me.
"Alex!" I exclaim.
Alex runs towards the bed and gives me a hug.
"Alex! I missed you..." I tear up.
"I missed you too! Your parents are outside, they said they wanted me to see you first I guess.." Alex tells me.
"Fuck them, you're the only one I wanted to see anyway." I smile.
"So.. what happened?" Alex asks.
"Oh god.. it's a long story." I sigh. "I don't wanna get you involved. Keep this between us, but I don't plan on leaving Sean anytime soon."
"What?" Alex asks surprised.
"Well, I love Sean. I never want him to lose him, even though it seems that way.." I sigh.
"I support your every decision, but how are you gonna do it?" Alex asks, whispering.
"I don't know.." I sigh.
I hear the door open and see my "parents" walk in.
"Y/n!" They say together.
"Hey." I respond.
"What the fuck were you thinking running away, getting in trouble with a felon?" My father asks.
"You don't know him! Don't come in here trying to lecture me. I've grown up way more since the last time you saw me, I can take care of myself!" I exclaim. "You really don't know shit. Once I'm out of here you'll never see me again, since I'm almost a legal adult."
Everyone stayed silent. All you could hear was slight breathing.
"I'm.. sorry." My mother says.
"Me too, we never knew you felt this way." My dad adds.
"Bullshit.." I snap. "I don't wanna see you guys anymore, leave. I wanna talk to Alex by ourselves."
Their faces were filled with pure shock. Back then, I would never say any of this, but I've grown.. they look me in the face one more time before leaving the room.
"Damn y/n." Alex says.
"Sorry you had to hear that Alex, but I hope you know I'm going to stay here as long as I can, til Sean's gone." I tell him. "I don't care how I do it, but I will. If I have to I'll sleep outside nearby."
"I have a car we can stay in." Alex says. "I'll stay with you til he gets out, and you can help him."
"Thank you Alex, but I really don't want you in the trouble. It's so complicated, but I hopefully we can figure it out." I say.
"Okay.." Alex sighs.
"I hope one day you get to meet Sean one day, he's so much better than what people make him." I say, changing the subject.
"If he's made you happy, I'm sure he is great." Alex smiles.
"He really has, his brother is so sweet too." I say.
"Where is he?" Alex asks.
I pause for a moment.
"We don't know, nobody does." I sigh.
"Damn y/n.. that's terrible." Alex says.
"Hopefully we can find him, I will once I get out of here." I say, trying to encourage myself. "That's one thing I can do for Sean, then Daniel and I can get to where we wanted to go ourselves."
"What about Sean?" Alex asks.
"I know more than likely, he'll be in jail, and we can visit him. We may have to find somewhere around it to live.." I sigh.
"Well, I miss you y/n, unfortunately visiting hours are almost over, so I'll see you later." Alex says.
"I'll see ya later, Alex." I say, pulling him into a hug.
I watch Alex leave, and lay back down, trying to think of what's gonna happen next. What's gonna happen to Sean, Daniel, everyone from the farm?
I feel like I've been laying there for hours til I hear the door open again, and look towards the door. This bitch again.. Agent Flores.. she thinks I'm gonna expose some crazy secret, but I'm thankfully smart enough to pass through them. I watch Agent Flores sit on a chair, next to the hospital bed.
"How are you feeling, Miss l/n?" Agent Flores asks.
"Oh, just great!" I respond sarcastically. "Have you found Daniel yet?"
"I want to go over this again." Agent Flores says, ignoring my question.
"What? You want to go over the same shit again?" I ask. "I'm going to keep telling you the same thing each time, it's not changing. How much longer do you want me to keep telling you this?"
"Til you get it right." She responds. "Sean is going to court tomorrow, so silence isn't gonna help him. He might spend the rest of his life in prison."
"Damn, putting someone in prison for something they didn't do, classic." I snap.
"Then you should tell us the truth, of what he told you." Agent Flores tells me.
"You want me to tell you what he told me? Here. The same shit I've told you for weeks!" I snap.
"Okay, then let's jump ahead. Tell me what happened in the farm in Humbolt. The place looks like a tornado wiped it out." Agent Flores asks me.
"I already told you that too, I don't know why that place was so messed up. I blacked out." I say.
"Plus three seriously wounded, including you. And a missing child. The only statement we have is yours, and Sean's." Agent Flores says. "Can't you see I'm trying to help?"
"So you haven't found Daniel?" I ask.
"We may have some leads. You can help by telling me the truth." Agent Flores says.
"Oh my god.." I whisper. "Whatever."
Agent Flores shows me a picture of Finn.
"Who's idea was the robbery? His, Sean's, or yours?" Agent Flores asks.
"All of us. Merrill ripped us off, he's not a good guy." I say.
"That's what happens when you mess with drug traffickers." Agent Flores says.
"You think we had a fucking choice? That's the only place we could go!" I snap.
"So Finn wanted revenge on Merrill too?" Agent Flores asks.
"We have to take care of ourselves, and I had to take care of Sean and Daniel." I say.
"Thank you for your statement, y/n. It's really helping." Agent Flores says.
"You're lucky you won't get a lot of charges."
Agent Flores gets a calls.
"I have to take this." Agent Flores says and leaves the room.
I sit there for a moment, looking at the pictures of Finn, Cassidy, Merrill, Hannah, and Penny.
"Sorry for that." Agent Flores says, and picks up her files, and the pictures.
"You have leads on Daniel?" I ask.
"Yes, we want to find him to." Agent Flors responds.
"Yeah, so you can lock him up too?" I ask.
"Anyway, thanks for talking to me." Agent Flores says, and leaves to room.
"Damn it.." I sigh.
"Hey y/n!" I hear Joeys voice say from the door.
"Hey Joey, don't you need to see Sean soon?" I ask.
"Yeah, I was just about to go over there and see him, but I thought I'd check up on you." Joey says.
"Good, can you drop off this letter to him soon?" I ask.
I take out the letter and hand it to him.
"Sure thing, I'll go give it to him right now." Joey says.
"Thanks Joey." I smile. "Tell Sean I said I miss him!"
"I will, I know your leaving tomorrow, so we can say our goodbyes then." Joey says.
"Yeah, it sucks." I sigh.
"I gotta go now, just checking up on you after you meeting with Agent Flores, I know how much you don't like her." Joey says.
"Yeah." I giggle.
Joey waves goodbye and leaves the room. I sit there in silence, before falling asleep.
I woke up at night, to Joeys voice talking to someone outside.
"Patient called!" I heard Joey say.
I snap my body up and get off the bed, and walk over to the wall next to Sean's room, to listen in on the conversation. It's difficult to hear through this wall.
"I know where Daniel is." I heard Sean's voice say.
What? He knows where Daniel is? Maybe.. no way.
"Fine... fuck.." I heard Joeys voice say.
I start to quietly knock on the wall. I didn't hear anything from them.
"I think y/n knows now." Joey says.
"I hope, I want us to go find Daniel." Sean says.
I hear quiet knocks back to me after that.
Oh my god.. we're getting out of here.. to find Daniel..
"Thank you, Joey.." I whisper through the wall.
*bam!*
I hear Sean and Joey talking for a moment then a loud noise, I'm hoping Sean is gonna bail us out. I wait.. and i see him come into my hospital room.
"Y/n!" I hear Sean say as he slowly opens the door.
"Sean! Oh my god.." I whisper.
"I don't have time to explain, here's your stuff." Sean whispers. "You should have a change of clothes in there."
"Thank you." I whisper.
I get dressed quickly, almost tripping as Sean was looking at the wall.
"Let's go!" I say.
Sean nods and leads the way. We were going down the hard way, the side of the building. They were doing construction on the building so it was convenient. While we were going down, I seen a light on in a room.
"Finn is here?" I whisper.
Sean starts to knock on the window.
"Finn? Finn! Hey!" Sean whispers.
I seen Finn wake up and look at us.
"Holy fucking shit!" Finn says. "No way.. Sean! Y/n! What the hell are you guys doing here?"
"We're trying to bail." Sean says.
"Son on a bitch, I wish I knew you guys were here, we coulda hooked up! Shit.. so.. where's Daniel?" Finn asks.
"We can't say, Finn." I say. "But we're going to get him back."
"Good, don't blame y'all for.. not trusting me anymore. My fault your in here." Finn sighs.
"Stupid question but, how are you doing?" Sean asks.
"Well, you know. Kinda sucks, no coconut drinks here." Finn laughs. "So, how bad is it, Sean? Your.. eye?"
"Let's say.. I still have one left." Sean sighs.
"Sean, y/n, I know this doesn't mean shit to you guys now, but, I am sorry." Finn says. "About everything.."
"I don't blame you Finn, you tried something. Even if it ended up being a mistake." Sean says. "I'll just have to make things good for now."
"We all wanted to try something." I sigh.
"Your the man, Sean. I'm really gonna miss you guys. Much love, and respect, always." Finn smiles.
"We gotta go now.. take care, Finn." Sean says.
"Take care Finn, we love you." I smile.
"You guys will find him, I trust you, so you guys should trust yourself, too." Finn smiles.
I wave goodbye as we head down, towards the cars in the parking lot. Sean tries to open the doors of them, and luckily, one opens. Sean gets in and opens the door, and lets me in. He starts to Hotwire the car and we drive off.
"Do you want me to drive, Sean?" I ask.
"I got it, it's okay. Thank you y/n." Sean smiles.
"Where are we going now?" I ask.
"Nevada. Daniels there." Sean responds.
"Good, I missed you, so much Sean." I say.
"I missed you too, y/n. I was going insane knowing you were in the other room, and I couldn't see you." Sean says.
"I know, I was too." I smile.
I look over at Sean and see a soft smile on his face, and we continue driving.
It had turned dark before we knew it, Sean and I were sitting on the front of the car, holding hands. He was smoking.
"Do you, need help, cleaning your eye?" I ask once he's done with his cigarette.
"I don't think I will, but thanks." Sean replies, and we get into the car.
Sean gets his back from the back, and takes out his cleaning supplies.
"Holy shit.." I whisper, looking at his eye.
"It's nice, isn't it?" Sean smirks.
"So handsome." I giggle.
Sean starts to clean his eye, and I sit back and watch him.
"Are you tired?" Sean asks.
"A bit, are you?" I ask.
"Yeah, we'll need sleep. We're not gonna have enough gas to make it by driving." Sean sighs.
"That sucks, but we can get through anything, together." I smile.
"You're so goofy!" Sean laughs.
"I was trying to lighten the mood!" I giggle.
Sean turned off the car light, and we both got comfortable, and went to sleep.
"Hey! Wake up!" I hear.
"Huh?" I whisper.
I look to Sean's side and see two men knocking on the window.
"Yeah, what the fuck are you doing on our property?" The man asks.
"Oh shit.." I whisper.
"Come on out." The man says.
"Who the fuck is that?" Another voice asks.
"Two fucking kids!" The man answers. "Get out of the car?"
"We're leaving!" I exclaim.
"Uh, no you ain't, step out with your girlfriend, or I'm calling the cops." The man says. "You don't want that."
"Okay, okay! We're coming!" Sean says.
We both get out of the car and I go towards Sean.
"Hold on.." I say.
"Good, now we can see y'all." The man says. "So tell us what the fuck your doing on our land."
"We were driving for a long time, we had to pull over to get some rest, ya know?" Sean says. "I swear, we had no idea this was your property."
"There's a fucking sign, didn't you see it?" The other man says.
"We.. we were too exhausted, I guess we missed it." Sean says.
"They're just kids, and they are hurt, see?" The other man tells his friend.
"Yeah, what happened to your eye?" The man asks.
"I got into a accident.." Sean responds.
"Yeah, ah-uh, move!" The man shoves us away from the car.
"Hey!" I exclaim.
The man was going through the car, the other was watching us.
"We just want to leave." I say.
"Ooh, what's this, drugs?" The man asks.
"Yeah, for my eye." Sean says.
"Did you steal them? Like this car?" The man asks.
"Well.. I lost the keys, and.. my friend helped me start it." Sean says.
"You mean you hot-wired it." The man says. "Holy cow, fucking car thief, too! Take their backpacks."
"Dude, come on." The other man says.
"Get it! Let's see what they're holding!" The man says.
The friend of this man went into the back of the car and got our bags, and they started going through them. We willingly let them, so we wouldn't get into more trouble with them.
"So?" The man asks.
"Nothing good." The other man says.
"Any money?" The man asks.
"Fucking toys, man." The man responds.
"You still play with toys? Seriously?" The man teases.
"It belongs to me brother!" Sean exclaims, going towards him. The man pushes Sean back. "Leave it alone!"
"Oh, your bother?" The man asks. "Where is he now?"
"Were going to meet him." I respond.
"In a stolen car?" The man asks. "More lies.."
"Okay Chad, we fucked with him." The other man says. "Let him go, he's got nothing on him."
"Hold on a sec, Mike. Can you speak Spanish, Pedro?" Chad asks.
"Huh? What?" Sean asks.
"What what?" Chad teases. "Hablas espanol?"
"Chad.." Mike tries to get him to stop.
"So professor.. how do you say, I'm a dirty thief?"
"Can you stop?" I snap.
"Oh you don't want your boyfriend to share his language?" Chad says. "Okay, maybe you know this one, uh... I'm a dirty thief with one eye."
"(I'm a dirty.. one eyed.. thief..)" Sean says.
Imagine all of the things in () Spanish, i don't know Spanish so I can't write it, sorry!
"I can't say that shit, but it sounds good, professor Bean!" Chad says. "All I wanna do is learn Español! Might be our official language someday, right? Śi, señor? So one more lesson, how do you say.. this is not my country?"
"(This is not my country.)" Sean says.
"Say it, like you mean it, boy!" Chad exclaims.
"Look, Chad, it's gonna rain! Let's go before we get soaked!" Mike warns.
"Pick up all your trash and get the fuck off our land!" Chad exclaims. "And don't you come 'round here again, ever."
"We won't.." I say.
I start to help Sean pick up our stuff and get into our car.
"Fucking racist bastards.." I say as we drive off.
"FUCCKKK!" Sean starts to scream.
"Sean.. I'm so sorry.." I start to tear up.
Sean was bawling as he was driving, and I look over. The gas light was going off.
"Baby.. it's okay... I'm so so sorry.. I fucking hate those racist bastards.." I whisper.
Sean kept quiet and continued driving as far as we could.
We had to ditch the car, and walk the rest of the way, in the desert, sun right on us. We continued walking.
"Do you need a break, Sean?" I ask.
"Soon.." Sean replies, gripping onto my hand tighter.
"We'll make it." I smile.
We continue walking til we reach a billboard with shade. We sat down and got some water. Sean took out his notebook and started to draw.
"You're drawing?" I ask.
"Yeah, I still have to practice." Sean smiles. "I've never drawn a desert before so it's different. Sit to my right quick, I want you in the drawing."
"Aww, so cute Sean." I giggle.
Sean continues to draw for a while, when he was finished he showed me.
"You're amazing, Sean." I gasp.
"Thank you y/n." Sean smiles.
We sat there for a few minutes til Sean got up.
"Unfortunately we have to go." Sean sighs.
"We're almost there.. we got this." I encourage Sean.
We get up and continue to walk. I heard a semi truck driving towards us, and it honked at us, and started to slow down.
"Woah, is he honking at us?" I ask. "Shit.. hes stopping."
Sean and I walk towards the truck. Sean opens the door and a man was inside looking at us.
"Hey! Need a lift?" The man asks. "It's too damn hot to be walking."
Sean looks at me and I nod.
"Yeah, thanks." Sean smiles and we get into the truck.
"You guys look like shit.. is your eye okay?" The man asks Sean.
"Yeah.. just a scratch." Sean responds.
"Good.. I hope it's not contagious or something." The man says.
"Hey Anton, you there?" A voice from Antons radio asks. "Everything alright?"
"Yeah, what up? GPS tells me you parked into the middle on nowhere, just wanted to know what happened." The man on the radio says.
"I, uh.. I had to make a shit stop." Anton responds. "Over."
"Too much information, but 10-4" the man on the radio says.
"You mean number two." Anton laughs.
"You owe me a beer for that." The man on the radio laughs. "Over and out."
"Don't freak out, I.. I wouldn't have picked you guys up if I cared about that hitchhiking law." Anton says.
"Okay, cool." Sean smiles.
"So, you guys hungry, or what?" Anton offers us a sandwich. "You guys look hungry."
"I am.. thank you." Sean smiles.
"Save some for me, meanie!" I tease.
"As you heard, my names Anton." Anton says. "It is good, huh? My wife packs the best sandwich's.. messy."
"Best sandwich ever." Sean says.
"It's great!" I add.
"Seriously.. thanks, sir." Sean smiles.
"Anton." Anton corrects Sean.
"Anton." Sean corrects himself. "Right."
"What's your destination?" Anton asks us.
"Hmm.. Haven Point. You've heard of it?" Sean asks.
"Oh yeah.. straight ahead, bout an hour." Anton tells us. "Take a nap if you want. You don't have to stay awake to be nice. Hey, don't worry kids. I'm not a fucking weirdo. Just a boring trucker."
Sean wraps his arm around me, and I lay my head on his shoulder, and fall asleep.
"Y/n?" Sean taps my shoulder.
"Huh?" I ask and rub my eyes. "We're here?"
"Yes, thank you so much." Sean tells Anton.
"Thank you, Anton." I smile.
"Just be careful out here, these people are kinda weird." Anton warns us.
"Really?" Sean asks. "Okay."
"10-4, good buddy." Anton says.
Sean and I get out of the truck, grab our bags, and wave goodbye to Anton.
"He saved our asses, Sean." I smile.
"Yeah, he did." Sean smiles.
"We made it." I look around.
I smile and wrap my arms around Sean to give him a hug.
"I love you, Sean." I smile.
"I love you too, y/n." Sean smiles pulling out of the hug. "Once we find Daniel, we can go to Mexico."
I give Sean a peck on the lips and we walk towards the church here, hoping Daniel is nearby.
As we were walking towards the church, we seen a little girl and an older guy in the front. The little girl was coughing like crazy.
"You okay now? Is it gone?" The man asks the little girl.
"I.. I think." The girl responds and looks at us.
"Good." The older man says, then looks at us. "Scoot back inside now."
"Okay, dad." The girl responds and goes into the church.
"Why hello there, young sir, young ma'am." The man greets us. "Can I help you?"
"Uh.. I think so, yeah uh.." Sean stutters.
"You here for the service?" The man asks.
"Yeah, we are. It's our first time." I respond.
"Don't be shy. Everybody's welcome here." The man tells us. "No matter who you are, or where you're from, in his eyes, we are all equal. Plus, we have a pretty nice spread after the service, stay as long as you want."
"Okay, um.. thanks." Sean responds.
"Don't thank me, I'm just a vessel for a Reverend." The man says. "Thank her. Looks like you guys are here to see our new miracle, right?"
"What miracle?" I ask.
"Ha! You haven't heard of him? Then I won't spoil it for ya." The man says. "He'll be here any minute now. Just come inside and see for yourself!"
The man walks into the church and leaves us.
"Praise the lord!" The man says as he walk in.
I start to walk towards the door and open it.
"Let's go." I tell Sean opening the door for him.
He nods and we walk in. We start to walk around and look for clues. I look at a poster, it had Daniel on it.
"What...?" I ask.
Sean comes over to me a looks at the poster. "The Angel Daniel?"
"We have to see this." I say and start to open the church door. It was packed with people. I close the door.
"Nope, we'll draw too much attention. Let's go upstairs." I say, leading the way.
Sean and I go towards the railing and listen, waiting for this "miracle". A woman was speaking about religious stuff, as expected of a church. I sit there, waiting for their "miracle".
"Please welcome, our newest member, and our miracle, The Angel Daniel!" The woman says.
Daniel came out of the room. Daniel.. he looks so different.
"Here is Daniel, our prophet that was thrown to the lions by false prophets! But God saved Daniel so he could do his work! Yes, Daniel was brought to me, to deliver us! To guild us from the wilderness, to our destiny." The woman says. "Now Daniel, will reveal the true power of the Lord!"
Daniel turns around towards a cross on the wall, and starts to lift it up with his power. Wait.. am I seeing this right? What the fuck? These people are fucking insane! They're on their knees, praising Daniel.
"What.. is.. happening.." I whisper.
I stop looking at sit behind the railing. I put my hands around my knees and sit in a ball. Sean came and sat next to me, and we sat there, in silence.
"Hi." I hear a voice.
"Oh.. hello." I say.
"I saw you guys out in that parking lot earlier!" The girl says.
"Yeah.. that was us." I smile.
"I like to be here too.. we can see the whole room, and our Reverend mother teaches us classes." The girl says.
The girl was carrying books, but she dropped them and started coughing.
"Are you okay?" Sean asks as we walk up to her. "Do you need water?"
"Ah, no.. sorry, I'm just kind of sick." The girl tells us.
"That sucks.. thats too bad.." I sigh.
The girl picks up her books to put them up, and Sean helps her.
"Hey, what happened to your eye?" The girl asks Sean.
"Well, that's a long story." Sean responds.
"That's okay, my name is Sarah Lee! What's yours?" Sarah asks.
"Aww, you must be Jacobs sister!" Sean says. "Did you get that letter from Jacob, back when he was in California?"
"Yes! How did you know he was in California?" Sarah asks.
"We were with him, uh.. that's how we met." Sean says.
"You are Daniels brother?" Sarah asks. "Really? He's always talking about you, and your friend!"
"Hey uh.. not to loud..." Sean says. "Yes, I'm Daniels brother. And this is my girlfriend. But we need some help."
"The Revered Mother says we always have to help our neighbor. What do you need?" Sarah asks.
"Can you take us to Daniel?" Sean asks.
"Oh, yes! He's gonna be so happy to see you guys! He missed you so much for his birthday." Sarah says.
We go down the stairs as Sarah Lee takes us to Daniel. Sean and I walk into the main part of the church.
"Daniel, your the living proof of their faith, and mine." The woman says as we walk in, talking to Daniel. "I know you understand."
"I guess.. I mean.. Sean? Y/n?" Daniel gasps.
Daniel runs to us and we start a group hug.
"Sean! Y/n! You came back! I knew it!" Daniel exclaims.
"You've grown up, enano." Sean smiles.
"Do I look older?" Daniel asks. "What? What happened to your eye?"
"Don't worry, it's okay." Sean smiles.
"Did that happen at the farm? Because of.. me? I'm so sorry!" Daniel says, hugging Sean.
"We missed you, Daniel." I smile.
"I'm sorry.." Daniel says.
"It wasn't your fault, Daniel. I should've.. it's okay." Sean says.
"Does it.. hurt?" Daniel asks.
"No, not as much as your haircut." Sean teases.
"Shut up!" Daniel giggles. "It's different. I kinda like it. Sean, y/n, I didn't wanna leave you guys there.. there was nothing I could do.. I was so scared. I even thought you guys were dead.. and.."
"It's okay, Daniel." I say. "We're all together now."
"Yes, so are you gonna stay with us now?" Daniel asks. "Huh?"
"I.. we still need to go to Puerto Lobos." Sean says.
"But.. we don't need to, we have a new home now! Look!" Daniel says.
"One step at a time, Daniel." the lady says, bringing Daniel away from us. "Give Sean and y/n a chance to process this. I'm sure this is all.. so.. overwhelming.. by the way, my name is Lisabeth Fischer."
    Lisabeth put her hand out to us. Sean and I shook her hand.
    "We all prayed for your safe return. Sean, y/n you must be a believer now in our Lord, too!" Lisabeth says.
     "No.. not really." Sean says.
    "So Daniel was wrong.. you can be honest here, Sean. But first, I need Sarah Lee and Daniel to grab the medicine kit. We have to take care of our new guest. This is a place of healing." Lisabeth says.
     "Aw, lets do it later! I wanna talk to them now!" Daniel says.
     "Daniel? Now." Lisabeth says.
     "Okay, Reverend mother." Daniel says.
     "Let's go Daniel!" Sarah Lee says, leading Daniel away.
     "Woah! Hold on!" Sean says.
    "Daniel wait!" I exclaim.
     "Well Sean, y/n, it's a pleasure to meet you guys.  This is a real blessing today. You guys were away from Daniel for for quite a while." Lisabeth says.
     "I was in a coma." Sean snaps.
     "Of course, I wasn't judging you. So what is your plan?" Lisabeth asks. "This is a blessed family. And it would be good to have you by Daniels side. You should know that the Lord has big plans for him!"
      "God, or you?" Sean asks.
     "God, of course." Lisabeth responds.
    "We're his family." Sean snaps.
     "Two young boys and a young girl are not a family. Mark 3:25 if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand." Lisabeth says.
    "Daniel sounds more like a prisoner than a guest." Sean snaps.
     "It saddens me you see things that way, after everything I've done for him." Lisabeth sighs. "I know why you guys are scared. That's because your heart is full of sins! I've heard about what you guys did in California, how you pushed Daniel into felony! This is a terrible sin. And until you guys make penance for it, I can't accept you here." Lisabeth put her hand on Sean's chest.
    "Don't put your hands on him." I say, stepping in between them.
     "Are you serious?" Sean says.
     "I'm sorry, my son, my daughter." Lisabeth says.
    "I'm not your son. And y/n is not your daughter! And Daniel isn't gonna be your golden cow! Daniel! Come on!"Sean exclaims.
     "Daniel!" I chime in telling to the door Daniel and Sarah Lee went into.
      "Why don't we ask him what he wants to do?" Lisabeth says.
     "I told you don't touch him!" I exclaim, pushing Lisabeth off Sean.
     "What did you do?" Daniel and Sarah Lee come running into the main room.
     "Nothing!" Sean exclaims.
     "Enough. You spilled blood in the lords home." Lisabeth says, wiping the blood from her nose.
     "Sean! What happened?" Daniel asks.
     "Your bother and your friend, came in here, impure, and acting like a criminal, but they can be saved, Daniel." Lisabeth says.
     "I'm sorry Sean, y/n. She's right. I will pray for you." Daniel says. "Then, when your ready, we can.."
    "Shes trying to manipulate you!" Sean exclaims.
     "Let me lead you, to the one true light, that never goes out, I want to be your friend." Lisabeth says.
     "You're crazy!" Sean exclaims. "Let's get out here here Daniel!"
     Sean went up to get Daniel, but he pushed away.
    "I wanna stay.. just go." Daniel tells us.
    "There's your answer." Lisabeth pushes Sean.
    "We're together again, So we can go.. right?" Sean says.
    A man goes behind us and grabs Sean into a chokehold.
    "Let off of me, dude!" Sean exclaims.
   I go to push the man off Sean, but he grabs me in his other arm.
    "Let me go!" I exclaim trying to fight off the man.
    "Daniel!" Sean and I yell towards him.
   The man brings us to the gate and throws us to the ground, along with our bags.
     "There ya go, satisfied?" The man asks. "Now don't you ever come back!"
    Sean and I go to get up.
    "Don't make me do this kid, you're not gonna win." The man say.
   He punched Sean in the face, then me in the stomach. He goes and closes the gate and we run up to it.
     "Daniel!" Sean screams.
    "You're pissing me off, this is private property." The man pulls out a gun. "I have a legal right to stop and intruders. Like you kids."
    "We just..want.. my brother.." Sean whispers.
    "But. He. Doesn't want you." The man mocks Sean. "He was brought here and this is where is is staying. Next time, I will not hesitate to use this. Now get out of here."
    Sean and I start banging on the gate as the man walks away.
    "Daniel hey!" Sean yells.
    "Daniel!" I exclaim.
   "Sean?" A soft voice comes behind us.
    "Karen?" Sean looks in shock.
   "You guys won't get him back like this. Let's go." Karen says.
    "What?" I gasp. "Is that..?"
   Sean looks at me and nods. We walk towards Karen's car and get in.
     "Sean, what happened to your eye?" Karen asks.
    "Why the hell are you here?" Sean asks. "How did you find me?"
   I can feel the tension. I was sitting in the back but I reach forward and rub his shoulder.
    "Well, I got a letter from uh.. Jacob. He said you were missing.. and your friend.. and that Daniel needed help. I believed him." Karen says.
    "Hm, so you finally decided to check up on him?" Sean asks.
    "You know Sean, sooner or later.. we're gonna have to talk." Karen says.
    "Where are we going?" Sean asks.
    "I already have a hotel room, you're gonna need to rest, and clean that dressing." Karen says.
     "You are Sean's friend Jacob was talking about, yes?"
    "I'm his girlfriend but yes, I'm y/n. It's nice to meet you." I smile.
  I see Karen smile in the mirror as we drive off to her hotel room.