Chapter Thirteen

Tonight is the night. I am going to confess my feelings to Sean Diaz.
     "I'm so nervous.." I whisper to myself.
  I swim around in the lake for a few more minutes, attempting to shake off how nervous I was.
     "Hey y/n!" I hear a familiar voice call towards me.
   I look towards the entrance of the lake and see Sean waving towards me.
     "Hey Sean! Come swim with me!" I call towards him as he gets closer.
  Sean goes to touch the water and backs his hand up quickly.
    "It's cold!" Sean exclaims.
     "It's not that bad, come on!" I reply.
   "Fine.. coming!" Sean replies.
    "Hurry!" I giggle, splashing water on him.
   "Y/n! You just got my hoodie wet!" Sean exclaims.
    "Then hurry!" I giggle.
  Sean slowly into the water after undressing himself, complaining how cold it was.
    "It's so cold y/n!" Sean exclaims.
   "Just swim more and you'll get use to it.. or.." I start to splash water on Sean. "This!"
     "Hey!" Sean exclaims before splashing some water towards me.
    "Oh Sean, you just started a war!" I giggle.
  We started to splash water on each other for a few moments, til Sean gave up.
    "Oh y/n, did you need to talk to me about something?" Sean asks.
     "Uh- yeah.." I felt my heart start to race a bit faster.
  I get closer to Sean and see he looked pretty confused.
     "I'm not sure how to put this.. but.. I like you.." I whisper just loud enough for him to hear me.
   I felt Seans arms go around me and pull me closer to him.
      "I like you too, y/n.." Sean says.
  I felt my face go warm, before Sean pulled me into a passionate kiss.
     "I'm glad I found you and Daniel, if I didn't I wouldn't be as happy as I am today." I say with a smile.
     "I'm glad we found you too y/n. You've made this whole situation a lot easier to deal with." Sean replies.
   I felt a bit awkward, this was the first time I've ever confessed feeling towards someone, I'm happy it turned out good.
     "Should we head back to camp..?" I ask. "The heist is soon.."
     "Yeah.. we should get it over with." Sean says.
  We get out of the lake and get dressed, and head back to camp.
      "I have a bad feeling about this Sean.." I sigh.
      "It'll be okay y/n. I'll protect you." Sean smiles.
   We arrived back at the camp site. I seen Jake, Hannah, Ingrid, Penny, and Anders all by the campfire. Jake and Hannah were talking to Daniel, he had Mushroom in his lap, but we had to leave soon.
    "Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?" Sean asks Daniel.
     "Uh.. yeah?" Daniel says confused.
     "Over here." Sean says, having us follow him away from everyone. 
     "What's up?" Sean asks.
    "Hey Sean, y/n, I'm sorry about earlier." Daniel sighs.
    "Dude, I'm sorry too. I didn't mean to flip out." Sean says. "Now listen, Finn told us more about that safe, said I'd be, easy-peazy. I think we could use that cash, it would save our ass, for our trip."
    "I know, so.. do you wanna do it, or what?" Daniel asks.
    "I'm thinking about it.. but.. it's up to you Daniel." Sean says.
     "Me? Yes, yes! Let's do it." Daniel exclaims. "We can eat anything! Stay in hotels, poop indoors! So, are we gonna do it? Huh?"
     "Yes, we are now. But seriously, don't do anything unless I say so. If something happens, I want you guys to run away." Sean warns.
     "Nothing's gonna happen!" Daniel says.
     "I mean it. Don't even think, just run." Sean warns.
     "Jeez, okay. I'll run." Daniel says. "Promise."
     "That's what I wanna hear." Sean says. "Y/n? Do you agree?"
     "If anything does happen Sean, I'm not leaving you behind." I say, wrapping my arm around him.
     "Y/n.. I said I would protect you, so if anything does happen, and you have a chance to go, don't think about me. Just run." Sean says.
    "Okay.." I sigh.
    "I love you guys." Sean smiles.
    "I love you too, Sean." I smile, a shade of pink growing on my cheeks.
     "Me too." Daniel says. "So, are we going?"
    Sean nods and we go get Finn, and start to walk towards Big Joes house.
     "Big Joe better be asleep.." I say as we walk towards the house.
    "He's down for the night, fuck him." Finn replies.
    "Maybe.. we could take some of his cool stuff too." Daniel suggest.
    "No way Daniel. That house is a death trap." Sean says.
     "It's not the time to think about taking Big Joes stuff." I cut Sean off. "Let's just go, and get this taken care of."
   I look around and get nods of agreement.
     "Aw man, the gate is locked!" Daniel sighs.
     "We just gotta get inside, and get some wheels." Finn says.
     Finn goes towards the lock on the gate and attempts to open it.
    "No way I'll get this open.." Finn says. "Guys, this ones on you."
     "Daniel, maybe you can.." Sean suggests at the gate.
     "Uh.. you guys better step back." Daniel warns.
     "Try to keep it quiet, if you can." I say. "We could wake up Big Joe if we're not careful."
     Daniel uses his power, and opens the gate successfully, as quiet at he can.
    "I got the power!" Daniel says.
    "Holy fucking shit, wow." Finn stares. "Let's bail."
  As we're tip toeing towards the trucks to get a closer look, a light turns on.
    "Woah!" Sean whispers.
  Daniel turns towards it and quickly breaks it. We heard Big Joes dog barking after.
     "Hide!" Finn whispers.
  We all run towards the front of a truck and hid behind it.
     "Man, did you really need to do this?" Sean sighs.
    "Atleast no one will be watching us now." Daniel says.
    "Quiet, Sean." Finn warns.
   "Shut your yap, Roscoe!" I hear Big Joe yell.
     "Do you see anything, Sean?" Finn asks.
     "Hmm.." Sean looks over the truck for a moment. "Thank god."
     "Okay troops, were invisible now. No lights, no sounds, nothing."Finn warns. "Cool?"
    "Yep." Sean replies.
    "Got it." I say.
     "What do you want me to do, Finn?" Daniel asks.
     "Just watch Big Joes house and make sure no one pops out.." Finn tells Daniel. "You good?"
     "Okay." Daniel says.
     "We should probably make sure to pop the tires of the other trucks we're not using, just in case." I say. "I got that, you guys find a way to get into the truck."
    Sean nods and we all split to do our part. I look around the area, trying to find something to pop the tires. I go towards a whole bunch of tools and see a toolbox. I open it and find a screwdriver.
    "I found a pipe guys! I'm gonna pop the tires on some of the trucks." I quietly announce.
    I go to the trucks we aren't going to use and pop their tires. I see Daniel open a car door from the inside.
     "Sweet!" Sean says.
     "Go job Daniel!" I smile.
     "I just hope we didn't wake up, the dragon." Sean says.
   We all got into the truck, Finn driving, Sean in the middle, and I was in the passenger. Daniel had to sit on my lap.
    "No stress, wasn't that loud." Finn says.
   "Let's do this." Sean says.
    Sean starts to kick something in the truck, I'm not sure what it was. Maybe he's going to hot wire it? When the cover was off, it revealed some wires. Sean starts to mess with them til the truck starts.
     "Yes! Fucking A!" Finn exclaims. "Let's get outta here."
    "Drive!" I tell him.
    "You are the man, Sean Diaz!" Finn exclaims.
     "Eh, not bad." Daniel says.
      "Okay.. lets rob these mofos." Finn says as we drive off to Merrill place.
    "Here we are, are you ready to do this?" Finn asks.
    "Ready." Sean responds.
     "It's now or never." I sigh.
     "Little man?" Finn asks.
    "Yes! I'm not scared." Daniel answers. 
     "That's what I like to hear!" Finn says. "We're gonna be in, and out. I'm glad you guys are with me. Gotta teach these assholes a lesson."
      "This is what happens when you rip people off.. it's karma." Sean says.
   "Listen, we have to be totally quiet now. I've got the kitchen keys, so we got a easy entrance. Here ya go." Finn says, handing Sean the keys. "Woah! Nice job."
     "Nice Finn!" I say.
     "Get in, bust that safe, grab the money, then head back to the camp and bail out with everyone." Finn says.
     "You sure they're gonna be okay with that?" I ask.
    "They will when they see the money, trust me." Finn encourages.
     We get out of the truck and head towards the grow house.
      "By the way, careful guys, this place is rigged with cameras!" Finn warns us.
     "Daniel, destroy that camera up there!" I tell him.
     "I got it!" Daniel says, destroying it.
     We walk into the grow house to get through to Merrill's house.
      "This place is creepy at night!" Daniel tells us.
     "Cmon, pot isn't creepy." Sean says.
      "Lights out! See.. we got a plan." Finn says as we reach the end of the grow house.
    "Daniel! There's a camera on the side, see it?" I ask.
     "Not anymore!" Daniel says.
      "Check out that one." Sean says, looking inside the house.
     "Boom!" Daniel says.
   Sean then unlocks the door, where our meetings would be do payday, and walk in. I go towards the door leading to the living room, and it seemed like it was blocked.
     "It's blocked." I sigh.
     "Follow me, We'll figure it out." Sean says walking back outside.
     We go to a window on the side of the house and see the living room. There was a board blocking the entrance, expected from someone like Merrill.
     "Daniel, can you lift the bar behind the door?" Sean asks.
     "Yep!" Daniel says.
   Daniel got the board up with his powers, so we walk back towards the meeting room.
     "Okay, hold up. Shh.. we sneak in... Daniel opens the safe, we grab the money, then get the fuck out." Finn says, going over our plan again. "Sound like a plan?"
     "Alright.." I sigh.
   Finn opens the door and we quietly walk towards the safe.
     "Alright... this is it, my man." Finn whispers.
    "Just focus.. don't rush." Sean whispers.
  Daniel starts to use his power to open the safe, slowly but eventually gets it open, money flying out.
    "Yes! You did it!" Finn whispers, walking towards the money to pick it up.
  Daniel starts to cough after like he did when we first started our training.
     "Are you okay?" Sean asks.
    "We did itttt! We're rich!" Finn says. "Aww good job Daniel! Man, I've never touched this much cash in my whole life!"
     "Do you, realize what we can do with this money?" Finn asks. "Thank you Daniel, we are a badass team."
     "Let's just get the money and leave!" I whisper.
    "What is this?" I hear a voice ask as the lights turn on.
It was Merrill, pointing a gun at us. We all put our hands up in the air.
"You have to be shitting me! You losers are actually trying to rip me off? Try not to be so fucking loud! Alright, move your asses over there. Now!" Merrill exclaims.
    "Uh.. Merrill, uh.. boss.. I know this looks bad but.." Finn stutters.
     "Stop. I don't want to hear anymore of your shit." Merrill warns. "So, what was your big fucking plan, exactly? Work here for a time, then break into my safe? Pathetic.. who was the moron mastermind?"
    We all stayed silent. I was in shock. This wasn't suppose to happen..
      "Like I didn't know.." Merrill says, walking towards Finn. "I gave you punks work when nobody would, a place to crash for free! This is how you repay me? Stealing from me?"
     "No, no.. it's not about you.." Finn says.
   Merrill's starts to walk around us, giving us a death look.
     "Thought you were different." Merrill goes infront of Sean. "Smart. But you're a real dumbass for getting a kid involved! And you're teaching him how to steal? Theif and brother of the year. Nice! Whew, what now? You all really fucked up. I can't just let this slide. I can't. You're young but you can learn from your mistakes.. that doesn't mean your lesson is gonna be easy... or painless. Okay, on your knees, hands on your head!"
    "Don't do this.." Sean says. "Don't.. come on sir.. we.. we can talk..."
    "I'm serious! On your knees! Now!" Merrill warns.   
    "Do what he says!" I say. "Don't worry.."
   Sean, Daniel and I got on our knees like Merrill told us too.
     "We're on our knees, okay?" Sean says.
  Finn was still standing up.
    "Merrill.. no..." Finn says.
    "Don't break my balls now, kid." Merrill says.
    "Daniel.. you got this." Finn says.
    "Don't move! He can't do this." Sean says.
  Merrill uses the back on the gun and hits Finn in the stomach with it. Finn falls to the ground.
    "Don't fucking move!" Merrill warns us.
   Merrill pointed the gun at us, then pointed it down.
     "It's not like I wanna do this, the people I deal with are worse. But if you rip me off, you rip them off. Then I pay." Merrill says. "I have a family to look after too, I gotta protect them first."
   Merrill walked towards Finn.
    "I can't let you play me anymore.. either." Merrill says.
    "Sean.." Daniel looks over, not knowing what to do.
     "Daniel, do it!" Sean exclaims.
    Daniel throws Merrill's gun out of his hands with his powers.
    "Get out!" Sean tells us as he runs into Merrill, bringing him to the ground. "Run!"
    "Sean!" I exclaim.
    "Son of a bitch!" Merrill exclaims, head butting Sean.
     "Stop!" I exclaim.
  Merrill picks up a pistol he had with him, and shoots Daniel in the arm.
    "Daniel!" I exclaim getting up.
     "Fuck!" Sean exclaims.
  Sean, Finn and I were going to go see if Daniel was okay, before we were flung to a wall. I hit my head on the safe, and I felt something warm going down my neck. I couldn't move my arm. Everything in the room was shaking, Daniel. He's getting out of control. Everything was flying, glass was breaking, lights were flickering, then, everything went dark.

Hello everyone! I would like to thank you for 1k reads! It means a lot that you take the time out of your day to read this fanfic! If you don't know, I normally upload on Tuesdays, sometimes Mondays. I like to write once a week to avoid writers block. Expect the next chapter on Monday or Tuesday, and again, thank you so much!