Chapter Sixteen

"Sean?" I mumble while we're walking towards the church.
"Yes?" Sean asks.
"I'm a little scared." I admit.
"Don't be, I'm here for you." Sean smiles, gripping my hand.
"I'm glad." I smile back, taking his hand.
"Karen?" Sean asks his walkie talkie.
"I'm in place, I can see the whole camp." Karen responds. "Let me know if you need anything. Be careful."
"Got it, thanks." Sean responds, putting away the walkie-talkie.
"We gotta be careful now." Jacob says. "If anything happens, let me do the talking, okay?"
"Yeah, of course. Let's get this over with." Sean says.
We all walk towards the front of the church, where that man threatened Sean with a gun.
"Okay, Lisabeths house is right behind the church, so in and out." Jacob tells us.
"Okay.." I say.
"Are you sure Lisabeth will have those files on your sister?" Sean asks.
"Watch out, Sean! There are people right outside!" Karen's voice comes through the walkie talkie.
"Aw, shit.. how many?" Sean asks.
"Just three, a man with his kid on one side, and a woman alone on the other." Karen informs us.
"Got it, thanks." Sean says, putting the walkie talkie in his pocket.
"People aren't suppose to come and go once the service is over." Jacob says. "Better to avoid them if we can."
"I think we should try to sneak by the woman by herself." I say. "Follow me."
I hold onto Sean's hand bringing us over to the right side of the building, there was a small house we could pass by to avoid the woman.
"Perfect." I whisper to myself.
We go around the small house and get around safe, thankfully. We arrive near a white house, Lisabeths house.
"Okay, there it is, looks empty." Jacob says.
"Let's hope it is." Sean says, opening the door for us.
"We did it, now we have a little more time." Jacob says.
"Yes, we do. Nice work." Sean encourages. "So where are the files?"
"Right there, in here office." Jacob says, going towards the door. "Of course it's locked. Her open door speech is just another lie. We gotta find a way in!"
"Fuck! Think there's a key somewhere?" Sean asks.
"Maybe she's.. so cautious not to have a spare around." Jacob says.
"Let's look then." I say.
I start to walk towards the back of the house, looking around. I see a door and I walk in.
"Sean!" I call him over.
"Is this.. Daniels room?" Sean asks.
I was already in the room next to a cage.
"Oh baby.." I whisper. "Why are you in a cage like this?"
"Mushroom!" Sean exclaims walking over.
I open the cage and start to pet her.
"I missed you Mushroom!" I tell her.
*bark* *bark*
"I'll let you out soon, baby." I smile.
I pet Mushroom once more and put her back in the cage, just until we leave.
"This room is depressing." Sean sighs, looking around.
"Well, Lisabeth doesn't believe in material possessions, so.." Jacob says.
"Doesn't mean you need to decorate your house like a prison." Sean says.
Sean and I look around the room and find nothing really interesting, so we leave and look for the key.
"I've found a key." Sean announces.
"Good, lets try it." Jacob says.
We all rush over to the door and the key opens it.
"Yes!" Sean exclaims. "That's the one."
"Perfect." Jacob says.
"Woah, is this her personal archive or something?" Sean asks.
"Yeah, she keeps track of everything in here." Jacob says.
"Stuff about my sister must be in this one." Jacob says.
"Okay, I've got something!" Sean exclaims. "Must be what you're looking for."
Sean hands the file over to Jacob, and he starts to read it.
"Damn.. she has pneumonia.." Jacob says.
We all start looking through the files, looking for more information.
"And from what I get, Lisabeth knows damn well she needs medical treatment." Jacob says.
"That's criminal, she's insane." Sean says.
"That's for sure.." I say.
"Look! She has a file on you too.." Sean tells Jacob.
"You can take a peak, and see how she really treats her flock." Jacob says.
"Man.. what's all this?" Sean asks. "We're you like.. sick? Conversion therapy? Did they..? Wanted to cure you from.. being.."
"Pretty much." Jacob says. "I always showed more interest in boys than girls. They thought I was a freak. A sinner."
"Is that why you.. ran away?" Sean asks.
"Yep. Took me five years to understand what was up." Jacob says. "I was too scared, confused.. I really did believe I was a sinner. So I thought I had to atone for my sins."
"Atone? For what sins?" Sean asks. "I don't get how they can preach this kind of crap. I mean, you met Finn and everyone.. are they sinners then?"
"Of course not. I-I just didn't know different, Sean." Jacob says. "I believed them."
"Damn, Jake.." Sean says.
"After a few years, I was in a really bad place.. I- I tried to hurt myself. Lisabeth was very upset. We had a long chat." Jacob admits. "She told me I should leave, go see the world and figure things out. I-I don't really get her.. but Lisabeth does believe in all this stuff.."
"I had no clue about your life here.. I'm.. I'm sorry Jake." Sean says.
"I'm sorry Jacob.. you had to go through all this shit." I sigh.
"I'm sorry I brought Daniel here.. I was just so blown away when I saw what he could do.. it was like a real miracle." Jacob admits. "I-I thought I had found my faith again.. instead I.. I just hurt him."
"Then let's make things right." Sean says. "We just have to get Daniel out of here."
"I hope so. And I'll get my sister to the hospital, have her treated. I hope they'll help her." Jacob says.
"Keep our money, for your sister." Sean says.
"Yes, please do." I say. "She needs it."
"Oh.. I-I can't do that.. that's- that's a lot of.." Jacob gasps.
"We're okay. It will cover her medical bills." Sean smiles.
"Wow.. thank you, Sean, y/n." Jacob smiles.
"Sean? Are you there?" Karen asks.
"What's up?" Sean asks.
"You got company!" Karen warns. "That thug who works for Lisabeth! He's just holding some files.. doesn't seem to be onto you."
"This guy is dangerous! Trust me." Jacob warns.
"Hey, I have a good plan to get him out of your way, it'll give you more time." Karen says. "Just give me the word."
Sean and I look at eachother and nod.
"Yeah, see what you can do." Sean tells her.
"I will, get ready." Karen says.
"We gotta hide!" Jacob warns.
Sean, Jacob and I start to look for places to hide.
"Y/n!" Sean calls me. "Come on!"
I rush towards Sean into the closet, and we close the door. It was so tight in there.. I grabbed Sean and held onto him. I could feel our anxiety in this closet..
"Hm, weird, I'll have to tell Lisabeth about this." A mans voice says.
He walks towards the files and looks around them, walking around in the room. He starts to walk towards the closet. I held my breath and hugged onto Sean tighter.
"Huh? What?" The man turns around. "What the fuck is going on?"
  The man leaves the house after we all heard a loud explosion.
"Sean, y/n, do you think.." Jacob stops.
"It's gotta be Karen." Sean says.
"We need to go, I'll go get Mushroom." I say running out of the room.
"Hey Mushroom.. I'm busting you outta here." I smile and open the cage.
I grab Mushroom and rush back towards Lisabeths file room.
"Let's go!" I exclaim.
"The guys leaving, looks like my diversion worked out." Karen says.
"Yeah, nice job." Sean says.
We all leave the house and look around.
"Look at that.. your mom is hardcore, Sean." Jacob says.
Karen started a fire.. and not just a small one.. she lit a whole house on fire!
"Yeah, I guess she is." Sean responds. "So we're all good now."
"I'll go get Sarah Lee, while you guys get Daniel." Jacob says. "Then let's meet up at the car, okay?"
"Alright, you be careful, okay?" Sean smiles.
"I feel like it won't be easy getting Daniel.." I say. "Jacob, keep Mushroom safe, and keep yourself safe."
"I will. You guys stay safe, good luck." Jacob says, taking Mushroom and running off.
"We got this, Sean. I believe in us." I smile.
"So do I, y/n." Sean responds and gives me a kiss on my forehead. "Let's go."
"Come in, Karen. See anything?" Sean asks his walkie talkie as we walk towards the church.
"Nope, you're all clear." Karen responds.
"Awesome, talk later." Sean says.
We go towards the back of the church door and try to open it.
"Of course." Sean says.
"Let's go to the front door." I say, running towards it.
"So you know what your gonna do?" Karen's voice asks behind us.
"No.. but let's do it." Sean says.
Sean, Karen and I all walk in, hearing Lisabeths voice.
"O'Lord.. let your power speak through this young vessel! I am your humble servant and will obey.." Lisabeth says towards Daniel.
"Sean, what the hell is this..?" Karen asks.
"It's Daniel, I told you he's.. kinda special." Sean says.
"Hey!" I exclaim, getting their attention.
"Sean! Y/n! You came back!" Daniel exclaims.
"Enano.. little cub.. come with me, Daniel. We're leaving." Sean says.
"What? No! I'm not going anywhere!" Daniel exclaims.
"She's full of shit, dude! And she's using you!" Sean exclaims.
"Daniel.. she's manipulating you!" I exclaim.
"Daniel has made his choice. But I'm offering you guys to join us again. Put your faith in me, and you'll be family." Lisabeth says.
"Never!" Sean exclaims.
"So that's your final decision. May the Lord have mercy on your lost soul." Lisabeth tells us. "It's time for you to leave our sanctuary. Right now."
"Not without my brother." Sean snaps.
"I'm not going anywhere! This is my home! She's my family now!" Daniel exclaims.
"Daniel! Listen, she's not your family." Karen says.
"Sean, who is she?" Daniel asks.
"Our mother.." Sean admits. "She came here.. for you."
"O' praise the lord, another miracle at our church! Wonderful!" Lisabeth announces. "It's all right, Daniel, go see her. I mean, she's right there! Don't be afraid.."
"I.. I don't know her." Daniel says.
"Of course.. I know this is hard for you, my son." Lisabeth tells Daniel.
"Stop calling him that!" Karen snaps. "You're just manipulating him, you sicko."
"That's in the eye of the beholder. But since you are his mother, let me ask you.. how could you let your child wander alone in the wilderness?" Lisabeth asks. "Where were you when Daniel was lost? Where?"
"Listen, Daniel. I came here as soon as I found out you were here, on your own." Karen tells Daniel.
"I'm.. not on my own!" Daniel exclaims.
"Children are a gift from the Lord, they are a reward from him." Lisabeth quotes, "You were blessed with a divine gift.. and you cast him out into the world!"
"Who the hell are you?" Karen asks.
"You might have been his mother once, but when you abandoned him.. you also gave up your rights." Lisabeth says.
"Isn't your God all about forgiveness?" Karen asks.
"You have no idea what the Bible says." Lisabeth snaps. "How can you pretend to care about these children? You left them.. and your husband.. to seek out your basic desires.."
"Daniel! Honey, she's trying to trick you.. please.. think by yourself." Karen exclaims. "You're smarter than this."
"Daniel, she's responsible for what happened to your father." Lisabeth tells Daniel.
"You don't know anything! It was an accident!That's what this world is about! Accidents, injustice, pain!" Karen exclaims. "I'm just so sorry, Daniel.. I know.. I know how much I hurt you and your brother by leaving. I know that's not enough, but.. I hope we can talk about this.. together. That's what I've been trying to tell your brother.. and I'm so glad he listened.. you gotta trust us.. she's using you for her selfish desires."
"Daniel, this time the choice is yours." Lisabeth announces. "Are you going to believe her? Or me?"
"I.. uh.. I.." Daniel stutters.
"That's right.. you can't tempt Daniel from this garden." Lisabeth says. "He'll stay with us.. his true family. And we'll never leave him."
"Go to hell." Sean snaps. "Come on, Daniel."
Sean went up to Daniel to grab him.
"No! Stop!" Daniel exclaims, using his power to push Sean back.
"Sean!" I scream running up to him.
"Holy shit." Karen gasps, running up to Sean beside me.
"Reverend! Are you okay?" The man we seen earlier runs into the church towards Lisabeth.
"Nicholas! They're heretics! Sent to desecrate ou-our church!" Lisabeth exclaims.
"Okay.. what now?" Karen asks, helping me pick up Sean.
"Don't you understand this is over!" Lisabeth tells us.
"You have to talk to him." Karen encourages Sean. "You can convince him, Sean!"
"I'll be with you, Sean." I say, holding onto Sean.
"I won't leave you, Daniel. Not here!" Sean exclaims.
"Don't be so stubborn, Sean." Lisabeth says. "Your brother chose his path."
"Your friend, Sarah Lee, she's very sick, and Lisabeth won't take her to a doctor." Sean announces.
"What? She wouldn't do that!" Daniel exclaims.
"This is pointless, Daniel knows who to trust." Lisabeth says.
"Don't listen to her religious bullshit, you need to have faith in yourself, not in her!" Sean says.
"But.. you said.. Heaven and God existed." Daniel says. "Why are you lying?"
"You're right, he's wicked, unfaithful.." Lisabeth says.
"She was kicked out of her previous church! They knew she was crazy!" I exclaim. "So she left and founded Haven Point!"
"Why would they do that?" Daniel asks. "Did she do something wrong?"
"Liar! I left on my own, because they were all blind!" Lisabeth exclaims. "Don't believe their lies, Daniel."
     "What do you think Dad would say if he saw us right now? He wanted us to stick together." Sean says.
    "I don't know.. I want you to stay, but.. you're not ready, Sean." Daniel sighs.
    Lisabeth gasps and looks behind her. One of the candles started a fire in the church.
    "See what you have done!" Lisabeth exclaims.
   "Hey, enano.." Sean steps forward.
  Nicholas pushes Sean away quickly.
    "Back off." Nicholas warns.
    "No one is keeping me away from you.." Sean says.
   "I said stop!" Nicholas exclaims, pushing Sean to the ground.
   Karen and I quickly ran to him.
   "You got this.. I believe in you, my angel.." I whisper to Sean.
Karen tries to help Sean up.
    "Don't.." Sean says towards Karen.
   "Y/n and I came all this way to you.. and nobody will stop us." Sean says. "I'll even cross Hell or.. whatever if I need-.."
*bam!*
     Nicholas punched Sean in the face.
    "What the fuck!" I exclaim running up to Nicholas.
   *bam!*
   Nicholas proceeded to punch me in the face.
   "Y/n.. stay back.." Sean whispers to me as he gets up.
  "Sean! Y/n!" Daniel exclaims.
   "They must learn.." Lisabeth says.
"Listen, I know.. I wasn't a great brother.. I was an asshole I should have never agreed to do that heist.. it was stupid." Sean admits.
    "Sean.." Daniel says.
    "Don't listen to him!" Lisabeth exclaims. "He left you just like that harlot did! Shut him up!"
     "He can hit me as much as he wants, I won't give up on him!" Sean exclaims.
   Nicholas ran up to Sean and punched him in the stomach, and the head.
    "Don't hit him!" Daniel exclaims.
    "Don't let them do that, Daniel!" Karen exclaims.
   "If I could go back in time.. I would.." Sean says getting up. "We'd be in our living room, in Seattle.. Dad would get us pizza and snacks.. then pick the movie because we would always fight about it.. and he always picked your movie.. but I can't do that. All I can do now is fight for you-"
     "Quiet!" Lisabeth exclaims. "What are you waiting for?!"
    Lisabeth started dragging Daniel out towards the door.
    "We're the best team, enano." Sean says.
    "Stop it!" Karen exclaims.
    "We have to keep going forward." Sean gets cut off.
    Nicholas smacked Sean in the face with his gun.
    "Sean!!" I scream running up to his side.
   I look at Sean's face and see blood everywhere. I want to help him..
    "Please.." Daniel cries. "He's my brother.."
    "You can burn down our church, but not our faith!" Lisabeth exclaims.
    "Daniel knows you're telling the truth, don't give up!" Karen encourages Sean.
   Sean slowly start to get up by himself, and walking slowly towards Daniel.
   "Nothing, nothing is gonna stop me! Daniel.. we're brothers.. Dad always said.. our blood link was the most important thing.. you know.." Sean gets cut off by Nicholas hitting him more.
    "Please.. stop.." Daniel cries.
    "Stop! Please just fucking stop!" I cry.
   Karen put her arm around me to try to calm me down.
    "Daniel! Listen to him!" Karen exclaims.
    "I won't stop.. no matter what she does! I'll come right back.. again.. and again.." Sean exclaims getting up once again. "I love you, Daniel.."
    "I do, too!" Daniel exclaims.
  Daniel starts to come towards us, getting stopped by Lisabeth.
    "Shut him up! Now!" Lisabeth tells Nicholas.
   "Don't move!" Nicholas warns, a gun towards Sean's head.  "Just stop!"
    I felt my heart stop. I couldn't scream, nothing would come out. I could only feel myself grasping into Karen like it was the last thing in my life.
     "If you wanna kill me.. then do it. I'm not afraid!" Sean exclaims.
"DO IT! SHOOT!" Lisabeth orders Nicholas.
"Go ahead. Shoot me in the face. And live with it." Sean snaps.
"Now!" Lisabeth exclaims.
Daniel started getting angry, and the church started shaking again, like back in California.
"STOP!" Daniel screams throwing Nicholas across the room
"Daniel..!" Lisabeth gasps as Daniel comes over to us.
"Sean!" Daniel runs up to Sean to hug him. "I'm sorry.. sorry.."
"Karen.. I can't.." I gasp for air.
"It's okay y/n.." Karen rubs my back and we go over there.
"I was so confused.. I thought you were someone else.. I'm sorry.." Daniel cries.
"Sean, we need to get out of here." Karen says. "Now."
Karen and Daniel helped Sean walk, while I was walking with them.
"Oh no.. no. You started this fire.. you will all burn in this Hell!" Lisabeth exclaims standing at the door.
"This is your fault!" Daniel exclaims, pulling Lisabeth up in the air. "Yours!"
"Sean.." Karen gasps.
"Wait.. Daniel.." Sean warns.
"She really did try to use me! And she hurt you!" Daniel exclaims.
"Don't.. don't do it.." Sean tells Daniel.
"But.. look what she did!" Daniel cries.
"It's on her." Sean says. "Not you."
"Okay.." Daniel sighs, putting Lisabeth down. "I trust you."
Daniel breaks the door with his power so we can leave.
"Let's go." Sean says.
Karen and I helped Sean walk out, safely.
I could feel the anxiety leaving my body. We got Daniel back. We look behind up and see Lisabeth on the ground, crying towards the church as it slowly burned.
We all got back to the meeting point, and watched the town. My arm around Sean. Saying our goodbyes to Jacob and Sarah Lee. Jacob got Mushroom back to us safely. Daniel, Sean, Karen and I got in Karen's car. I watch as Daniel put his arms around Sean, and we drove off to our next destination..