•⊱•••• 10 ••••⊰•

It was currently the lunch break just before 5th and 6th period, and San wrote the remainder of his afternoon's notes on the whiteboard with a grim expression on his face.

He heaved a heavy sigh as he finalised the array of little hearts next to today's plan with his squeaky whiteboard marker.

It was indeed Valentines week at KQ high, and the school dedicates the whole week, starting from Monday right to the special day, which fell on a Friday this year, with Valentine festivities.

Hallways and classrooms are decked out in with pink and red hearts, and cheesy pictures of bears kissing and cats holding hands.

Every teacher, no matter what subject they teach, organises themed lessons for the loved up holiday.

English classes write cute love letters and stories, home economics make chocolate treats, biscuits and other sweet foods, art classes make cards and valentines decorations, and music class learn romantic songs which they perform at Valentines assembly at the end of the week.

Students had been professing their love for one another during and between classes in elaborate displays of affection of chocolate and speeches, that have all from observation so far resulted in each pair to begin dating only further emphasising for San that he was well and truly alone.

It was all quite lovely & beautiful, and San had been super excited for this week ever since he'd heard about it. Valentine's was his favourite holiday because it reminded him of Yunho and how they'd always spend Valentines together, even before they were dating.

The whole Yunho situation had hit San real hard in the feels, the thought of Valentines was now bringing pain, and was even more tortuous given he had to entertain in the festivities all week, all the while knowing that the one person he wanted to spend valentines with would be spending it with someone else, giving them kisses and hugs and all the love in the world.

There'd be no more valentines.

Yunho was no longer his.

San hoped his students didn't notice the redness of his eyes and if they did he prayed they wouldn't say anything.

I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston began to play over the speakers signalling the end of lunch period and San resisted the urge to scream and throw his whiteboard marker at said speaker.

Thankfully his favourite students Choi Yeonjun and Park Jongho showed up, books in hand at his classroom door, inexplicably on time as always.

The duo always paid attention and contributed in class discussions, and San had had many a conversation with the two boys in his short time at the school about class tasks, extracurricular opportunities and just life in general when the pair wanted to chat.

They were the type of students that reminded San why he became a teacher in the first place and motivated him to make more grand and exciting lessons to expanded their developing minds.

He also found the pair rather adorable because he could see that they both had a crush on each other from the way they looked at each other, but as far as San knew they weren't dating. . . yet.

"Good afternoon boys!" San said, turning his frown upside down as he unlocked the door and let the pair in.

"Good afternoon Mr. Choi" both boys chimed with a polite bow as they stepped inside.

"Any professions of love for you two lads yet?"

Both boys sidelong glanced each other and shook their heads. A small smile played at the corner of San's lips.