CHAPTER 3: Shaundra

So many things were going through my head this whole time. Since the moment Dusty told me about our dad being dead I just, I couldn't help but feel terrible.

It's crazy, the things we think about and memories we start to remember after hearing someone die that is close to us.

Right now, I have taken a taxi from the airport and am now on my way towards the clubhouse-which I haven't been at for a long time and used to live at.

Once I arrived and grabbed my bags from the taxi, I took a look around and suddenly my head was being flooded with tons of memories and flashbacks.

I next take in a deep breath and as soon as I let it out, I begin walking towards the front door but before I get a chance to knock, I notice the door start opening and right in front of me stands my brother Dusty.

We both seem to tear up while smiling at one another in excitement.

"Aww. I've missed you so much sis!" He tells me.

"I've missed you too bro." I replied.

We pull apart and look at each other for a brief moment and I start to tear up.

"I'm so sorry that we had to see each other like this." He apologizes.

"I know. It's crazy. But do we know yet exactly what happened and who did this?" I ask him.

"We'll talk about it later." He half smiles. "Right now let's just head back."

"Alright." I nodded in agreement as he took my luggage and put it in the trunk of his car then we took off.

I was surprised that he was driving a car because he used to always say he'd never be caught dead driving a car unless something happened to his bike. I wanted to tease him a bit but the smart ass beat me to it.

"Before you say anything, the bike's fine. I'm getting used to driving a car. However, because believe it or not, I'm gonna be a dad." He tells me.

There were no words coming to mind at the moment for me to say anything. I was in shock. Never thought I would ever become an aunt.

"Really?" I asked to make sure I heard him right.

"Yeah. I know, who would've thought, right?" He chuckles.

"How far along is she?" I ask.

"She's almost three weeks." He answers.

"Wow. That is.....just wow." I tell him.

We both then share a good laugh and catch up a little more until we pull up in front of the clubhouse.

The rush of all the old memories and flashbacks from when I was here growing up all the way until before I left this place, came flooding back to me all at once.

I had to take in a few deep breaths and let it out before stepping any closer to it. Then I felt my brother place his hand on my shoulder.

"It's alright Sis." He assures me with a smile.

I nodded in agreement and braced myself while heading inside. The decor seemed to not change a whole lot and every second that passed by, were more and more memories flooding my head, both good and bad ones.

"Not much has changed I see." I comment.

"Yeah, Karie wants to change it up a bit but, we kind of like it the way it is. It's almost like it's part of this places history." He states.

"I guess." I replied.

"Is this her?" We hear some girl's voice who looks to be a year or so younger than me give or take, came walking out to greet me with open arms and a big smile on her face.

Right away I started to feel awkward and I knew this had to be my brother's off, Karie. So that meant I needed to get over it.

"I'm the sis." I replied hugging her back.

"It's so nice to finally meet you. I've never had a sister before." she tells me.

"Neither have I. Oh and congratulations by the way." I smiled at her.

"He told you already?" She pouted while looking at him.

Personally, I felt like she was real nice and am a bit shocked that he chose a nice girl like her because that's what he needs. Maybe she can even help him grow up some while she's at it.

Dusty was real nice to let me have my old room back and I could tell it too had changed from the decor and practically nothing left of mine was in here but I didn't expect it to be the same neither.

However, I did notice that Karie and my brother had recently repainted it my favorite color, Lavender with Eggplant trimming.

I took a seat on the edge of the bed and then Dusty came inside the room and dropped off my luggage.

"Hope you like it." He says.

"I love it. Thank you." I smiled.

"Good." He nods.

"Then again, I won't be staying as long so it doesn't matter." I tell him.

He looks a little bewildered and hurt but then nods his head and starts heading back out.

"Well the funeral's the day after tomorrow. So we'll go over everything tonight over dinner and even see the guys." He says.

Next his phone goes off after I nod in agreement and then he excuses himself to answer it.

Not sure in who just has called him, but his reaction was questionable and had me wondering if it was a business call he didn't want to deal with or something.

Though I didn't care about that at the moment. Right now, I needed to unpack and unwind a little before we have dinner with everyone and go over our dad's funeral arrangements.

For a few moments, I had almost forgotten why I had returned.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)