CHAPTER 10: Clinten

I could tell that it bothered Shaundra whenever the waitress and I were hitting on one another. But why should it? She doesn't want to hear me explain as to why I made her believe I was dead and not to mention the fact that I have been asking her brother all the time since then in how she's been doing. But she doesn't want to hear that. So why should I waste anymore time?

She was the first person that ever made me believe in love and now, she's starting to make me see it's all bullshit again. Love only gets you hurt in the end and makes you lose people for getting too close. It's an illusion. A band aid people use to make themselves feel better instead of dealing with the hurt and or rejection.

After we got done eating, I had gotten the girls number and then we started heading back out on the road.

Right away, I started playing some music. It seemed like Shaundra was hurt and jealous still but I don't know why. Last I heard, she didn't care.

Eventually, we pulled into a motel and as soon as I parked, before I could tell her to stay in the car while I went inside to get us a room, she already was out and heading into the office.

I was glad I got to her just in time as I noticed her mentioning a room and then see her pulling out a credit card. To which I immediately intervened.

"Uh-uh. No cards." I tell her while taking it from the front desk man's hands and give it back to her.

"I can pay for my own room." She snaps at me.

"I'm sure you can Ms. Independent. But I got this." I wink at her and take out some cash.

Once we got the keys to our rooms and headed towards them, I walked in behind her and as soon as I closed the door, she quickly turned around.

"Get out." She says.

"No can do. I bought this room and we are going to stay in the same one, like it or not." I tell her.

"Like hell we are! I don't need protection. I'll be fine!" She fires back.

"Well it isn't up to you. Besides, I'll take the floor. Because that's how much of an asshole I am." I smirk sarcastically and walk past her towards the sink right there.

"I didn't call you an asshole." She mumbles to herself.

"Whatever you say Princess." I smile at her through the mirror and she just flips me off and then lays down.

Although things might not be as her and I or at least what I thought they'd be like, I'm still having a little fun.

It took us a couple more days before we finally made it to my place and I grabbed her bags then we headed into the house.

She took a look around and seemed to be a little impressed?

"Wow bro! This place is niiice." Dusty comments.

"Thanks." I chuckled. "You and Karie can take the bedroom down the hall, it's the second one on the left." I pointed for Dusty who him and Karie both started heading there while I next showed Shaundra her room. It was next to mine.

As soon as I opened the door and we walked in, setting her bags down, she looked around and looked to be a little sad.

"This is nice." She says although she seemed sad in a way.

Before I could ask and see what was wrong, one of my guys interrupted.

"Clinten!" He had come upstairs towards the room.

"What?" I asked looking back at him.

"Sorry but your uncle is on the phone." He says.

He looks at Shaundra and smiles.

"Hey, you must be Shaundra." He greets her walking up and smiling.

"Yeah." She replies with a little smile as they shook each other's hand.

"I'm Nero." He says. "If you need anything let us know."

"Thank you." She replies.

I couldn't help but feel jealous. How could she be all smiley and sweet to this guy who she doesn't even know but act like a bitch towards me?! What the fuck?!

"Let's go!" I said and stormed out of the bedroom pissed off.

I guess this is my karma but yet if she wants to play that game, well, she'll lose.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)