Chapter 1 - Angelshots

Akaashi Keiji was a theorist.

No, he wasn't a physician, not somebody who calculated the next thunderstorm, deducted new ideas in future technology or dabbled in the arts of science and chemistry.

He was just a person concerned with the theoretical aspects of a subject.

The subject being his boss, whom he was sure was giving Akaashi way more hours than he had previously agreed to.

Not that he was necessarily complaining...the extra money was nice. It always would be.

Akaashi had negotiated that he would work four days a week, and it seemed now that their verbal contract happened to be semipermeable.

He had back to back dates every day this week, and trust Akaashi when he says it isn't easy to try to ease off a customer when they start getting into it, start enjoying themselves.

Being an escort, he was used to the sort of behaviour that would have people calling for the nearest pedestrian, or at least would give their perpetrator a slap.

Akaashi could deal with it all. Perhaps that's why his boss had given him more work than usual.

There were rules of course.

Physical contact was allowed only with consent, even the small things like an arm around the shoulder or a hand on the waist.

Akaashi found that he wouldn't have the customer come back a second time if he didn't let them touch.

Touch but never take, he would always tell himself when a too sweaty hand would caress his cheekbone, grip his thigh too uncomfortably, pull his body too close.

Not that it was too much of a problem. You always want what you've never had. And Akaashi was something he found a lot of people wanting.

He ended up having male customers more than female.

Perhaps it was his feminime face, pouty plush lips, long dark lashes and heart shaped face. Combined with his tall athletic figure, long legs and dark curly hair.

It gave him an androdgynous look that catered to both genders wants.

"The Deuce" Matsukawa would call him, teasing him that he had the pick of both worlds.

Occasionally he would complain that Akaashi would get more customers, especially most of the male clients.

It was a childish double entrdre nickname that did nothing to pierce his calm aurora. Akaashi would find himself telling Matsukawa "You can take them if you can keep them".

This usually earned narrowed eyes and a low chuckle.

The escort service he worked at had a decent headquarters with many employees, but it never felt like competition, only teasing and poking.

Mostly from Matsukawa, Oikawa, Kiyoko and Kuroo. They were his closest friends, or atleast the people he shared the same break times in the agency lounge with before heading out on another extravagant paid date.

And so even when he told Matsukawa he could happily help himself from Akaashis clients, he was perhaps only maybe half joking...