Chapter 14 - Silent But Loud Love

WHAT IS LIFE AGHHHHHH. Anyways hi sorry, I'm so exhausted I actually passed out writing this. Wild right.

I started writing at 12am now its 5am hhhhh so sorry if the quality declines.

With positive news:

This fic has reached past 11k which is Woah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... :) I'm happy.

This was gonna be the start of a total crack story but I ended up cultivating it into a semi crack story with some plot and meme references.

Which is like every story I've ever written. But it seems to be doing well! So thanks so much guys (ɔˆ ³(ˆ⌣ˆc)

(Art in the cover by Amezure)

.

.

.

When Akaashi closes the door and turns back around, Bokuto is emerging from his room.

This time fully dressed in jeans and a soft sweater. He wants to rub his face into it and just hold onto him, to feel safe.

But he knows he can't do that right now.

Their eyes meet and the lump in Akaashi's throat grows.

But before he could even reach a handout, Bokuto was going off.

"D-do you want something to eat? You sure got up early, huh. Sorry I would have made you something and brought it to you in bed or-" Bokuto cuts off and before Akaashi has the chance to answer, he's walking off into the kitchen.

His thoughts are probably running a mile a minute, eager in his own way to cover up his nerves.

Or maybe that's just Akaashi's own feelings.

He follows him into the kitchen, watching in astonishment as Bokuto busies himself with pulling plates from the shelf and flour from the cupboards.

Flour? Akaashi was pretty sure he wasn't even thinking properly right now.

"Koutarou" Akaashi breathes out, and Bokuto looks up in an instant, utensils, frying pans and any other resistance falling away.

Like he'd been waiting for the signal, to know when the walls could fall.

Akaashi shakes his head. He doesn't know what else to do. What else to say. It had been said.

Bokuto's hands fell to his side, realizing the same thing.

Akaashi needs to at least initiate what was to come, but then.

"Akaashi I need to- we gotta talk". Bokuto looks uncharacteristically timid as he lowers his head and wrings his hands together.

"Huh?" Akaashi asks because he currently lacks the capacity to string together something more eloquent like, "we do" or "I was going to say the same thing".

"Well I just thought maybe we had been going about this wrong way, y' know. I uh..." he scratches the back of his neck.

He takes a hesitant step towards Akaashi, and then another one, grabbing Akaashi's hand with his own and pulling him towards the couch.