Ara

"What the Hell is wrong with me?" Andrew looked thoughtful, deciding to tell me or not. He was dragging his hand through his hair.  I have know what went on down in the dungeon, I didn't want to know but half of me wanted to hear it from Andrew. This reminded me of a time, many times actually that I tried to get answers out of Andrew; he would never tell me the first time I asked them.  Right now Andrew was probably thinking that I didn't need this answer nor did I want it, well he was right about one of them. The more he stalled the more that both of the were soon going to be true.

"Forgive me Ara," He said reaching out for my hand. 

"What," I asked looking him straight in the eyes.

"Forgive you for what?" I was done playing this game. "Damn it Andrew just tell me!"   His eyes widened when I yelled at him. I don't care if he thinks I'm out of line, he was out of line, he wouldn't tell me! Andrew sighed rubbing the back of his neck; his signature move. His sad eyes made contact with my fear-filled ones. 

"You're a vampire." My mouth fell open. This is exactly what I thought happened, I was going to say something but Andrew rambled on. "I tried to stop Hunter but..." I interrupted him in the middle of his sentence.

"Hold on... You tired to stop him?"  Okay, so maybe Andrew thinks that he's my prince charming, that he's supposed to save the day, he never stopped to consider what I want? For the love of Pete, I wanted to die I've been telling him that for how long and he still hasn't listened.  I ground my teeth together in anger and hurt.   

Andrew stopped him, he won so where was Hunter? That is what popped into my head when Andrew said that he stopped him.

"It's not too late right... He can finish the job right?" I saw his face and the expression on my face went from hopeful to hurt.  

"He's dead Ara," My heart skipped a beat at this revelation.  "And now because I didn't get to you fast enough you're like this." My heart broke completely. A tear escaped my eye. I can't believe this because what I'm hearing, he's making it sound like this is his fault. He is right this isn't Hunters fault this is Andrew's fault. My memory went back to remembering when someone had been pulled off me. Yeah totally Andrews fault.

"Oh, my.... Please tell me you can finish the job." Realization hit me faster than a freight train. "Finish the job or I will never forgive you." He stepped closer to me trapping me between him and the wall.  He put his forehead on mine. Breathing deep, he let air out slowly. I closed my eyes letting a few more tears come out of my eyes. "I never wanted this Andrew," I whispered.  He shattered my heart completely with the next words that he uttered.

"I can't,"  "I can't,"  

Before I could think of what I did I smacked him across the face and ran out in a flash.

I ran to my old bedroom. Memories of what happened, ones that I would rather not keep kept replaying over and over again. I was too upset to leave though. My knees gave out, I buried my face in my arms.  Why did Andrew have to butt in and kill my only hope of getting out of this place? Yes I would be dead but at least I'd be rid of this place. My whole world had turned upside down in the blink of an eye going from alright to the worst life that you could think of.  All those horrible times in this castle were not good.  All those times Hunter or Andrew or the king.... The king how could I forget the king.  Maybe my one and only chance to die wasn't gone! I know what I have to do, the king will be more than glad to kill me!  I was up on my feet and out the door with speed, that to tell you the truth, scared me. 

How in the world did I forget the king? Wait a minute.   I stopped in the middle of the hall, the thought came to me that I didn't have a clue where the king was.  Luckily someone was coming I heard footsteps.  At first I thought maybe it would be Andrew coming to find me and take me back to his room. I quickly hid around the corner. I blew out air silently thankful to see, when he finally came around the corner, that it was only Victor.  I came out of my hiding place.