Ryan

When the prince asked me to go check on Ara, I had to admit that I was confused for a second; wasn't he just with her?  Prince Andrew was a good person to me because I never disobeyed him but I didn't know what he was like with his other slaves; especially  Ara that girl had a free spirit. 

My thoughts on what he did to Ara last time, because she disobeyed him, I didn't want to think about it. Everybody knew because the scar on her chest was very visible, there was no hiding it. The only reason that he would want me to go check on her, well the only reason I can think of, is he went back to his ways doing things when she was his Slave.  Technically she was still his slave but not, like, a slave, slave; I don't know what that made her, to be honest.   There was no ring on her finger, so they weren't getting married anytime soon. I could tell from Ara's attitude toward him that she didn't want to marry him.

It beats me what his latest mess up was, there were rumors that she was still mad at him though and it had been a month. This would be a new world record for her, being mad at him that is.

As I headed toward Ara's room I couldn't help but chuckle to myself because of the last thing I thought. This, I'm afraid was all up to Prince Andrew to make this better, I can't help but feel sorry for the guy.  

Knocking on her door, there was no answer but I did hear sniffling coming from inside the room. I tried again; still nothing.

"Ara can I come in," I asked opening the door poking my head in, I knew that she still wouldn't answer.  opening the door wider and passing the threshold I saw Ara. She was in the corner of the room hugging her knees to her chest head down. Her long dark hair draped over her knees making it impossible to see her face.

"Go away," She said softly, sensing my presence. "I don't want to see anyone."  Her voice was muffled by her hands.  Ignoring her I went to sit by her.

"Ara," She just shook her head.  I wanted to make her smile, see that pretty smile of hers it had been a long time since I had seen it last.  She was right this place had sucked the life out of her but I couldn't do anything to help her we were in the desert, I can't do anything. No one can.   

First, she had tried to run away from this place. When she found out that wasn't possible she had asked Hunter to kill her, I was on duty that night to guard Hunter and I let her pass. She told me that she was going to ask Hunter some questions and the thought never crossed my mind that she would ask to die. I was feeling guilty. Ara should be blaming me for being turned into a vampire. 

"No," I turned to look at her, I could swear that she had said "no".  

"No, you're are not to blame." She said lifting her head up. "Don't you dare think you are, if Andrew hadn't butted in and let Hunter finish me off then I would have died, that's exactly what I wanted. But no he thought that I needed his damn help." 

I heard everything she said but I was a little distracted by what was on her chest. It looked like Andrew had opened the wound, making it deeper this time.  Ara noticed and covered it up with the jacket that she had on. I was having none of it, I ripped her jacket off easily.

"Damn it, Ryan," She glared at me. 

"Why did he do this?" I asked.  "Ara, come on," I said when she stayed silent.     

"He lost control," She rolled her eye like it was no big deal. That wasn't true, I saw a tear roll down her cheek.  

"Everything is going to be okay," 

"No it's not," She said. "How many times do I have to say it or will you never get it."  Ignoring that I said.  

"Come on let's get you to the hospital." I reach out for her she had other plans though, she dodged me.  

"Why, you didn't take me the first time he dug his nails in me. Why is it so important that I get to the hospital this time?" I sighed brushing my fingers through the top of my hair.

"Because Ara, you need new blood," I explained to her. 

"Why," 

"Because you are still a new vampire, besides if you don't get new blood then you'll die." Her eyes lit up at this. Oops, I shouldn't have said anything. At least that part.

"Good," Ara said going back to putting her forehead on her knees. "Now leave me alone," 

I used speed to pick her up off the floor before she could protest. We were out the door in seconds. 

"Ryan put me down." I shook my head. 

"No can do sweetie," She hit me in the arm, looking down you saw that she was smiling.

"Call me that again and you will die." She teased.