Andrew

Ara is driving me crazy, it's been, what, five weeks now and she hasn't forgiven me. I love Ara but she's had enough time to cool down. I was just about to go find her when she came running to me lightning fast locking the door behind her. 

"Ara, what is it?" I asked confused and shocked. Never in a million years did I think I would find her standing in my bedroom ever again. 

"Your brother, he's been acting really weird. He came to my room twice asking me what my true feelings were towards you." I was appalled.

"Is it working, are you questioning your feelings towards me?" I asked. What the hell does he think he's doing?   Ara took a step back sliding down the wall. She put her head in her hands and took a shaky breath in.

"Oh. My," I never finished. My hand collided with the wall. She jumped.

I knew what she was going to say. I knew what she was thinking.

"Don't doubt it Ara I'm not doubting mine so you shouldn't doubt yours."

"He's strong," She said making me look at her. She was now looking at me. Getting up she crossed the room took my hands and kiss them.

"He's strong, he's playing with my mind. I think if I had help I could beat him at his own game."  I was about to say something when the door banged opened. Like lightning Desmond came in, got Ara and rushed out.

Bolting awake I wasted no time in getting to Ara. I didn't knock I just walked in like I owned the place. She was over in the corner of the room with a shocked expression on her face, I didn't blame her. Sauntering over, I grabbed her shoulders, examining her. 

"Andrew!" she asked. 

"What in heaven's name is wrong with you?" I still had her in a death grip.  

"You're hurting me," She reminded me. Releasing her I looked into her eyes.  

"Is Desmond trying to change your mind about me." I got a gasp out of her. She froze, that question had been the only one on my mind since I woke up from that dream.  She shook her head.

"Has he been to see you?" I asked. My curiosity kept growing along with my anxiety. 

"Yes he has," She got up, walked past me to her bed and picked up a book on her bed side table and put it back in it's place on the bookshelf with all the other books.

"But..." 

"Oh, my gosh Andrew I fine!" She said giving me a deadly glare.  "Your brother is harmless,"  She was lying I knew she was, but why?  Maybe she'd been mad at me for so long that she thought it wasn't necessary to tell me the truth any more, boy was she wrong.

"Ara, is he in your head."  She stopped what she was doing.  

"No, the only one in my head is you, so get out of my head." She gritted her teeth and hissed.

"Okay," I sighed. Things hadn't changed I was still in charge here. I was still the prince and she was just my slave.  "You know," I said as I threw her on the bed.

For the first time in two months I heard her scream, like actually scream, she was terrified and I knew it but that didn't change anything. 

"You know, you should be nicer to your master it would such a shame if I were to,"   I crawled on top of her straddling her. She let out a whimper. She started hitting me so I captured her hands in one of mine.  "I don't know what should I do to you?"  Tears started to fall down her cheeks. My nails grew, she saw it.  The tears came faster. 

"Please don't," She sobbed. Too late my nails made the scar on her chest deeper and more visible. She let out a blood curling scream. Before I did anything else this little voice in my head whispered. 'what are you doing, if you keep this up she'll never love you.' I flew off of her. instantly she sat up running to the other side of the room making the bed a wall between us.

"I'm..." I stopped because I knew it would just be a waste of time and breath. She had seen a side of me that I never wanted her to see again. I don't know what happened I just lost control and things got out of hand.  I turned and ran. Crossing the threshold of Ara's room Desmond walked by, we looked at each other. I knew that he heard Ara crying in the background, well, because I could hear it. He gave me a questioning look but didn't say anything. I left.

I'm so stupid, what did I do? I only made it worse for her, is she going to go through pain the  whole time she's here?  I've got too get better at this, she doesn't deserve this, not from me or anyone else for that matter.

I was going to my room, but I bumped into Ryan. He bowed.

"I'm sorry Ryan," I stumbled on my words. He looked at me quizzically.

"Is everything alright your highness, do you want anything?" I shook my head. What, on second thought I think somebody should check on Ara to make sure she's okay and I think Ryan would be just the guy to do that for me.

"Actually Ryan," He stopped walking away turning to face me.  

"Yes, your majesty?"

"Would you please go check on Ara, she's in her bedroom. Make sure she's okay." He bowed and continued on down the hall.