Andrew

The first few days of not seeing Ara was torture. I screwed up bad and I knew it; it's okay she needs alone time and I will give it to her. After two weeks I started to get anxious. Slowly two weeks became four. I didn't care anymore I had to see her now, my anxiousness was on hyper drive. Victor never came back to tell me whether or not Ara gave consent. Using my speed, I was at her door in seconds. Knocking on the door I waited for an answer, no answer. I knocked again, still no answer.

Quietly I opened the door.

Ara," I said into the room. The only answer that came was the ruffling of sheets. Walking closer to the bed to get a closer look I found her. She was tangled in the sheets gripping them. At first I thought she was having a nightmare, how could that be though she looked so peaceful? Reaching down I brushed my hand across her cheek. I froze when she moved slightly. "Andrew?" She questioned in her sleep. I let out a breath of relief. Her eyes fluttered open then, she looked straight at me. 

"Good morning," I greeted her.  She looked embarrassed pulling the sheets up to her neck.

"Hey," She said sleep still in her voice. 

"Hey," I echoed.  Then she sat up straight, fast. Whatever she had been dreaming about hadn't fully wore off yet. I wonder what it was about, with me in it.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. My eyebrows furrowed, after all that time of not seeing me this is how she greets me. 

"I was worried about you." That was a punch in the gut, I tried not to show how hard that hit me. Maybe she needed more time?  Heck it's been almost a month! 

"Well, I'm fine you can go now," She dismissed me, waving her hand to brush me off. I grabbed both her hands put them in one of mine. She tried to yank them away but she failed.

"Ara, it's me Andrew." I reminded her. She looked mad, to hell with it, if she needed more time then sorry sweetie you're not getting it, it's time to act like a big girl. 

 "Yes, I know it's you!" She hissed at me and yanked her hands out of mine taking me off guard. She pushed me away but I didn't budge. I caught her wrists again.

"Let me go!" She yelled. 

"No," I said sternly. I pushed her down on the bed and crawled on top of her. She struggled almost getting me off of her, boy was she strong, that's only because she was turned a few days ago. 

"Andrew please not right now!" 

"Ara, I know that you said you needed more time..." 

"Oh, really," she interrupted. I ignored that and went on. 

"I'm sorry I did what I did. From now on I promise I won't do anything you don't like." 

"How will you know!" She screamed.

"I'll know," 

The door opened and She went deathly still. 

"Not now father." That's the only person I know that Ara would freeze up for. Even thought she was a vampire and just as easily kick my dad's ass as he could mine. 

"So is she your slave or your mistress?"  It was my turn to freeze, it had been forever since I heard that voice. I looked at Ara, she gave me a look that said "Told you so".  

"Desmond?" Surprised and shock were the expressions on my face. There he was standing there a smile on his face.

"In the flesh brother," He said walking over to me and giving me a hug.  

"How the hell are you alive!" I asked returning the hug.  

"Don't even think about it Ara, " Desmond said. I turned away from my brother to Ara she was on her tip toes, hand on the door handle. Her face went flat and I heard every internal thought. 'Damn it, there goes that plan. Why is he even here, does he have, like, the ability to see what's going to happen in the near future. I don't want to be here they obviously have some catching up to do.'

I turned back and sure enough Desmond still had his eyes on me.

"So back to my earlier question is she..."

"I already told you I'm neither, asshole!"  Desmond looked shocked, I looked surprised but on the inside I was like. 'That's my girl,'  She turned and hissed at me. She had heard me.  I chuckled but that only earned me another hiss.

"Am I missing something?"  

"Nothing," I was quick to say, anyway I didn't think it was any of his business. I cleared my throat, my brother wasn't convinced but he didn't press the issue. Shrugging his shoulders he  lets it hang. 

"I'll tell you my story that is if you want to hear it?" He says. 

"I want to hear it." Ara spoke up.  I looked at her in question. Searching her mind I got my answer. She thought it was weird that he was here, after all I did tell her that he died when I was turned. . I can't deny it, I was questioning it myself. 

"Go on." I allowed.