C10: The Marriage Deal

"There's a very high chance you're likely to get pregnant!" The doctor screamed in Victoria's face out of joy and Derek could only smirk and sigh out in relief. "You're very fertile in fact. Your system is perfectly functional and so is your husband's. And if you want at it, I can throw in a pregnancy test for you. Maybe you were using those sticks wrongly."

Victoria furrowed her brows at the doctor and shot Derek a glare as he chuckled out lowly, hardly audible to the squeaking doctor in front of them.

"So how about that test?" The doctor asked and Derek nodded, glancing at Victoria with a chicky smile.

"Come on honey." Derek said. "It won't hurt."

"Oh shut up." Victoria growled as she stood up and walked away with the doctor, leaving Derek with a nasty smirk on his face.

He reached over to the magazine on the table and leaned back, throwing a leg over the other as he read.

"Women. Right?" A man beside him said as he sat down where Victoria had been sitting. "Once they are pregnant, they are very moody." He said and Derek glanced at the ground with furrowed brows, wondering why the man suddenly talked to him.

He didn't have much good communication skills at all, better yet, people thought he was as terrifying.

"Um... Okay." Derek said as he stared at the man with a confused expression. "I'm sorry... Have we met?"

"Derek Lamar is it?" He asked and nodded to himself as Derek stared at him a bit more confused. "I'm afraid not. My name is Billy Brown. I'm a fan of your work." He smiled and Derek nodded as they shook hands.

"Its nice to meet you." Derek smiled a bit and Billy nodded with a chuckle.

"No, its an honor to meet a man like you anywhere." Billy said and Derek furrowed his brows.

"So is your wife testing too?" He asked and Billy shook his head in denial.

"She's giving birth." He said as he clenched his fists. "She fainted at the exact moment and the doctors told me it was critical." He said with a frown and Derek frowned a bit in sympathy.

"Oh sorry." Derek said as he sat up and pulled a small check note. "Here's a small token, if she wakes up, treat her to something nice." He smiled as he scribbled on a two thousand dollar check and handed it to him.

"Oh... I can't accept-"

"Please. Take it." Derek said and placed it in Billy's hand. "She must mean a lot to you if you're this concerned."

"She is." He smiled weakly as he brushed off a few tears in his eyes. "Doesn't your wife mean a lot?"

"She does." Derek said and cleared his throat as Victoria walked out with a file in her hands and a frowning expression. "Excuse me. I hope she wakes up." He smiled as he stood up from the seat. Billy followed as he reached out and shook his hand then turned to Victoria who seemed annoyed.

"Mrs Lamar, its an honor to meet you." Billy smiled as he reached out and shook her hand.

"Are you one of Derek's friends?" She asked and he chuckled nervously.

"He is." Derek said with furrowed brows. "So what's the news darling?"

"You planted it in, what do you expect?" She asked and he frowned at her attitude.

"Congratulations!" Billy said out in joy when he noticed their odd faces. "Are you happy?"

"She's just been upset since morning." Derek chuckled and turned to Billy with a nervous smile. "Mind coming to my house this Saturday? We'll be having a party, to celebrate her pregnancy." He said and Billy nodded in excitement. "Bring a few friends over as well," he said and Billy nodded out with a chuckle as he shook hands with Derek.

Derek turned and held Victoria's hand then pulled her into the open where he let go and turned to her.

"What's wrong? Aren't you happy you're pregnant?" He asked and she smiled cheekily with a laugh, taking him aback a bit.

"I am." She said and sighed out as she reached her hands into the sky. "Its a beautiful day!"

"You're freaking me out Victoria." Derek said as he got confused. "Are you or are you not?"

"We're having a baby!" She exclaimed in joy as she grabbed his collar and bit her lip. He stared at her in a bit of shock only to smile widely.

"Really?" He asked and she nodded with a small chuckle. "Wow... I'm... I don't know what to say... Uh..." He chuckled nervously and she rolled her eyes as she skipped joyfully towards the car.

He shook his head in laughter but sighed out in relief after knowing now that he didn't invite a stranger to a fraud party.

He stepped into the car and inserted the keys into the ignition. He didn't bother calling a driver because the topic was too sensitive.

He stopped when he noticed her staring at him with an evil smirk.

"What is it?" He asked and she leaned closer to him, to which he leaned back a little so their faces were apart.

"Oh nothing." She sighed out and grabbed her seatbelt, buckling herself up as she sighed into the seat and shut her eyes. "It feels great that I'm fertile."

"Right." He furrowed his brows as he started the car and drove out of the parking lot, only to step on the breaks when he nearly ran over a pregnant couple. They glanced up at him but smiled softly and got out of the way, letting him drive out.

"Are you ever going to get married?" Victoria asked as she glanced to him while he drove, hardly glancing at her.

"No." He said flatly and glanced at her for a second just so he could see her expression. "Why are you asking?"

"Just out of curiosity." She said as she glanced down at her stomach and smiled softly, stroking the area where her belly button was.

"Are you?" He asked and she bit her lower lip as she glanced at him with a cheeky smile.

"I will. With a man who's loving and like a best friend to me." She said and glanced at the road ahead. "Of course he would have a flaw. But I want to fall in love with him and raise a family together. I'll have children that are officially mine and not forced through a contract, like this one. I'll have willingly agreed to have a kid. And we'll raise them-"

"I'm not interested in hearing your whole life plan." He interrupted as he turned the wheel, turning the car at a corner as he makes this way to the mall.

"Well I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable." She scoffed and folded her arms as she glanced away from him.

"Why do you want to get married anyway?" He asked as he glanced at her for a second before plastering his eyes back to the road. "What about your job?"

"I'll quit the job." She said as she glanced the side of his face. "And getting married... It feels... Magical."

********

What do you think ladies and gentlemen?
Too spicy for you or are things really just starting!?
Please vote and comment.