C18: A Nice Bad man

Slowly batting her eyelids open, the fuzzy noise in the background couldn't stop hurting her ears as her vision cleared slowly. Pain shot at her head as she tried to raise it in the blurry surrounding.

Cursing under her lips, she reached her hand up to the back of her head only to feel moisture. She quickly brought it to her eyes only to gasp out at the sight of fresh blood.

She nearly gaged in the process but held herself, quickly dropping her eyes to her stomach, ensuring it was okay. She sighed out and stroked it softly, shutting her eyes for a moment as she tried to remember what happened and where she was.

Right. I was in a restaurant with Lucius and ... I got hit. She thought to herself as the headache throbbed dangerously.

Derek... Oh my God Derek!

She quickly searched her pockets for her phone only to notice it wasn't there. Cursing under her lips and leaned against the cold wall close to her as she stared at the door ahead of her, unsure of where she was.

She shakily got to her feet and walked towards the door, failing to keep herself conscious.

She tried opening it but it wouldn't budge. She gasped out and fell to her knees in fatigue. She leaned against the wall close to the door and knocked softly as her throat slowly dried up.

"Hello? Anyone out there? Please... Water..." She said and some rough movements were heard from behind the door before it stopped. Minutes later, the door swung open and a man stood by it, glaring down at her. "P-please... I need a drink..." She begged and he sighed out, leaning down to give her a glass of water.

"Drink fast, he can't know." The man whispered before he snatched the empty tumbler from her and ran out, locking it into place.

She sighed out and ran a hand through her hair, almost in tears. Wanting nothing more than to know if Derek was okay...

A bump came to her stomach and she smiled weakly as she rubbed her belly softly.

"Don't worry. Daddy will save us." She said with tears in her voice as she stared at the wall in front of her. "I know he will...."

*
"Wake up!" A man yelled in anger as he kicked Victoria's legs, forcing her eyes open. She groaned as she held her head, only to notice more blood than before.

She must have fallen unconscious from the blood loss.

"Talk to him." He grinned as he squatted just in front of her and handed the phone over to her. She glanced at the screen only to see the words Mr Lamar on it. She quickly grabbed the phone from his hand and placed it to her ear.

"Derek?" She called with a shaky voice as tears surfaced her eyes.

"Victoria!? Are you hurt!? Did he hurt you!?" Derek asked in a panicked voice as Victoria smiled and cried silently.

"I... I'm bleeding... They hit me and- wait!" She was interrupted when the man snatched the phone from her and placed it to his ear.

"I know I shouldn't have hit her. But I already did." He laughed out and cut the phone before turning to Victoria with a nasty smile. "Get her some bandages." He snapped his fingers to the men behind him. "And some food. If you die he won't pay us, now will he?" He chuckled and walked out of the room, leaving Victoria in the coldness.

She covered her face with her palms as she cried into them, wanting nothing more than to be in Derek's arms and without the pain at the back of her head.

The door opened and she glanced at the person walking in. It was the friendly man from before. He held a bucket of water in one hand and a role of bandages under his arm. In the other, he held a container and a bottle dangled on on a thread in between his fingers.

He kicked the door shut and walked to her with a soft smile on his face.

"I'm sorry about the head." He said as he knelt in front of her. He was a man not too old, somewhere in his mid four ties with a bald head and slightly built body. He didn't look the friendly type, but apparently he was. "Here you go. Eat up. And I sneaked in some juice. We have to keep you healthy for the baby." He chuckled as he handed her the container of food then dipped the towel in the water.

"Thank you." She said as she wiped her tears and sighed, opening the container. "You're so nice... Thank you so much..." She said as he wiped the blood off her neck and her hair.

"At least someone needs to take care of you." He sighed out and smiled softly. "Now, this might sting a little." He said as he applied spirit he snuck in and applied a bit of it on a piece of bandage and batted it against the cut on her head. She flinched at the burning pain but calmed down moments later.

She continued to eat the Noddles and chicken pieces whilst deep in thought to herself, feeling better that someone was taking care of her and that she didn't feel completely lost.

"I'll be right back." The man said as he stood up with the bucket of blooded water after he wrapped the bandage on her head. He smiled before leaving the room, locking it before he went further.

She sighed and finished off the Noddles before attending the juice. She chugged it down completely and sighed out, knowing if she couldn't fill up her stomach then, she might not even get another chance.

A couple of minutes passed before the doors opened and the man walked in with a blanket, a pillow and an oversized jersey.

"This should keep you warm during the night." He said as he handed them to her and frowned slightly. "If I brought you some cushions..."

"It will get you in trouble. Its fine." She smiled sweetly and reached out to touch his cheek while he was still squatted. "Thank you for everything. What's your name?"

"Jerry." He smiled softly as he stared into her eyes.

"Thank you Jerry. For taking care of me and being nice." She said and he slightly frowned as he glanced at the floor.

"But I helped them kidnap you. I'm just helping you to be comfortable. I'll get the share of taking you." He sighed and stood up from her. "I'm a bad person."

"But you are nice." She said softly. "You just need something to live off of and I understand."

"... Why did it have to be you?" He asked more to himself. "You don't deserve this..."

She remained quiet as he walked out of the room with guilt eating at him. She sighed and pulled off her dress once she heard the door lock and pulled on the Jersey. She stood up and it was just above her knees to her luck. She grabbed the pillow and the blanket and padded across the wooden floor to the corner. She carefully got down to her knees and placed the pillow in position before and struggled lying down.

Facing the ceiling and deep in thought, the only thing she could think of was Derek.

********
Awww. What a big'ol teddy bear.
What do you think about this man? Suspicious or good??
Please vote and comment!