C26: Pain screaming within.

Tying his tie as he stood in the mirror, he glanced down at the white box on the bathroom counter top, reminding himself of his failure to even convince the one he loved to marry him.

She doesn't love me back. He concluded to himself as he finished the tie and sighed, gripping onto the countertop as pain ate at him. What did I do wrong?....

"Sir?" The knock on his bathroom door nearly scared him as he stood up straight and glanced at the door for a moment. "You'll be late."

"Okay." He sighed running a hand through his hair before combing it down. "Winston?"

"Yes?"

"Where's Victoria?" He asked, knowing he had to say his last goodbye.

"In the dining room sir. With your father." Winston explained, making Derek's heart leap into his throat.

"Okay." Derek clenched his jaw before he grabbed his jacket and walked out of the bathroom, nearly bumping into  Winston. "Get the car ready."

"Yes sir." Winston bowed before Derek walked out of the bedroom. He stopped in the corridor and glanced at Victoria's bedroom door, thinking he would just kiss his girls before they leave.

He walked straight into the room only to notice the two girls still asleep on the big bed. He smiled softly as he walked towards the bed, as quiet as possible.

He leaned down and planted small kisses on both their foreheads, he leaned back and walked out of the room, clearing his throat as tears surfaced his eyes.

Once he got into the dinning room, a few maids acknowledged his presence before Victoria's eyes shifted to his, making his heart thud.

Something about her always seemed to make his heart flutter.

"Oh Derek. Good morning." His father greeted as he turned to his son. "Off to work today?" He asked and Derek nodded as he walked to where Victoria was sat and leaned in, kissing her forehead before turning to his father.

"Since I was absent during that kidnapping and the birth of the twins, I missed a lot of meetings with shareholder company owners. I need to meet them today." He explain and his father nodded before turning his eyes down to Victoria.

"Just for you know, you won't be here to say goodbye." His father said and Derek casted his eyes to the ground and bit on his lower lip.

"I know." Derek frowned and sighed as he batted away his tears and dug his fingers into Victoria's hair beside him. "I already said my goodbyes." He said then cleared his throat as he removed his hand from her hair.

"I heard she hasn't made her decision to marry you." Eugene said and Derek nodded slowly before inhaling deeply and letting it go.

"I'm very aware of that." Derek frowned and glared at his father. "Why do I have a feeling you're enjoying this?" He asked out of boredom and his father chuckled.

"I wouldn't want that. But you must accept it whatever the outcome. Consequences have their punishments." Eugene said and Victoria cleared her throat before looking up at Derek, only to flinch when he was looking at her with sadness in his eyes.

"Anyway. I need to go." Derek said as he straightened his jacket and grabbed a scone from the tray on the table. "I have much to do." He sighed then turned to Victoria. "Kiss me."

"Why are you instructing-"

"Dad please!" Derek clenched his jaw and Victoria chuckled out, grabbing his tie and pulled him to her height. Her lips met his and he melted onto it deeply.

Eugene couldn't resist a smile on seeing how happy and in love Derek was.

Sadly, Victoria was the one to tell what Derek's future would become.

"Okay. Goodbye.... Uh...." He paused and glanced at Victoria for a moment, feeling as though he hadn't been with her for a long time.

Ten months seemed so little.

"Right..." He turned and left the room, feeling a tight knot in his throat that seemed to tear his neck apart.

The tears in his eyes couldn't be hidden forever as his eyes turned red from holding them back. He chocked a bit on air as he got into the car. Winston, volunteering to drive for the sake that Derek could let out his heart before they arrived, got into the drivers seat and ordered the rest of the men to take another car.

"I'll be driving today sir." Winston said as he glanced into the driver's mirror. "Please let out your heart."

Derek clenched his jaw as the burning sensation built up in this throat that he couldn't tell Winston to back off, instead, he brought his hands to his face and cried into them.

Letting his guard down for the first time in front of Winston.

Winston could only sigh out in pity as his boss cried out in pain letting himself fall in the arms of pity. He wouldn't blame his boss in that state, Derek had fallen in love with Victoria, only to have her leave him like his old loved one. Only this time she wasn't dead, but she was going to leave him alive.

******
Harsh writer!
How could you do this to him?
What did he do to you!?

Comment and vote! He he!