Ch 5

She clearly underestimated the sanity of her own brain. The sheer amount of loose papers and old stacks of boxes was all packed into one little closet off of a side office, there mustve been at least 5 years of paper stacked up into those giant boxes. But Cyber had given her a bright smile and pat on the back with a "Have fun!". ....What the HECK was she thinking!? Was it too late to turn back?? She shivered remembering the cold rain outside, probably not. So she ,reluctantly, got to starting on one of the bigger boxes in the middle of the set, the thing was pretty heavy just for some paper. Found out why when she opened it and found piles of random date books instead of paper.

This was off to a grand start-

The next few hours was made of her sitting on the ground and organizing the many, MANY various documents into mini piles. Looks important. Not important. Might be important. Books. Books with Dates n times- there was ALOT of Looks important the most. They looked alot like contracts with what she assumed mustve been clients from the past years or something. It was better not to ask lots of questions around here unless you wanted to find trouble for whatever reason. But she usually wasn't one to even want a lick of trouble, she's had enough of it already.

Click-!

Her movements halted, ear tilted back as she turned her head to the door just in time to see a head of blue and white hair poke themselves in. They eyed her sitting position and the few stacks around her and rose a brow.

"Someone's been busy." Cyber fully opened the door and stepped in. "How much did you get done?"

Her ears fully went back and her eyes gave the few papers in her hands a unsure look. "I-I....Im not sure? I-I mean hell have to look at some of them, b-b-but I think I got most sorted out at least?"

Cyber hummed and nudged a few pieces of paper away with a foot. A few hours and the pony had already cleared out the closet, not a bad start but maybe she could be more organized. Her eyes blinked over to the largest pile of the bunch and rose a brow at it. Hm. Lou might want to move those contracts somewhere a little more secure, she made a mental note to remind him later. Meanwhile blondie peered up at her in silence.

"Well not bad for the first few stacks-"

"There's MORE?!"

She sorta paused at her interruption but her facial expression soon had her give off a few laughs. "Lady. My Boss has been in business for years. You think THIS-" She held her arms out to the piles of paper all over the floor. "-was all it? It's not even half of it....But tell you what." One of her arms came to rest on her back- "Ill let you finish this bef-"

A shiver was felt under her hand as the other female flinched and leaned her body rather quickly from the touch, quickly giving a submissive pointed back ears. The two stared at each other for a few awkward seconds, neither moving until she looked down in...shame maybe? And cleared her throat.

"Um....Y-Yeah. I-I-Ill get them d-done." She grabbed a few more papers on the floor. "I-I promise I will!"

"Uh...Ok." Her smile was gone now but her brow was still rose high as a kite. Her extended arm returned to her side as she gave her a studying look."...Are you feeling ok?"

Her head snapped up making her stop again, with a smile so fake it rivaled a barbie doll. "Better now that Im o-out of the rain! Thank you!"

The levels at which her confusion was rose higher along with some suspicions but decided to not say anything at the moment and replied with a, "Alright...Do you want dinner or something? "

"T-That sounds great! Thank you!"

Cyber gave her a couple more seconds of silent staring, before slowly turning from the wide smiled face and backing towards the door. Giving a final questioning look before closing it shut. The moment it clicked shut her smile dropped in an instant and her body gave off another shudder, how pathetic she must've looked at that moment. But it was all well done and over with...Right. On the other side of the door, the computer gened girl was standing there before her face contorted into one of thought and hummed.

"Oooooh! I know that look." She turned to see none other than the residential snake demon. The slobbering brute would've probably been repulsed by the site of him scratching his flea covered self with his boot, but instead she gave a tiny smile. "Your process-SSSSSS-ing somethin. Care to share?"

She rolled her eyes at him but not in a mean way. "Just a few hunches but Ill have to do a little more investigating to be sure of anything. But what are you doing here?"

He shrugged before leaning against the wall as if to listen for something. "My job o' courssse. Im sure Lou boy would be happy to find dirt on the pretty pony."

She gave off a couple chuckles. " Did he tell you to do it or Midnight? Or are you just that nosey today?"

"All of the above!"

She snorted before sidestepping to the left and making her way down the hall. " Just try not to spook her. I have something to remind the boss of."