~Chapter 1~

Picture: Max Grey's wolf form.

I wake up to the sound of something smashing, it sounded like it was coming from down stairs so I decide to get up out of bed and go see what the smashing noise was. "Hey what's going on?" I ask as I see my mum walking over to one of the kitchen draws grabbing out a brush and pan to clean up the smashed pieces of plates.

"Good morning. I was just going to put these plates away into the cupboards before I dropped them". She replied and smiled.

"OK well since I'm awake now I'm gonna go for a run to let my wolf out, he's getting reckless". I stated before turning around and walking out the front door.

As I walked out of the house I took a deep breath and then continued to walk over to a forest near our house. Wow what a great day today, I think to myself. I reach the edge of the forest and started to jog I run for about 5 minutes into the forest to make sure no one will be able to see me. Then in a split second I transformed into my wolf form. My wolf is mainly pure white with a grey muzzle and tail. After the transformation is complete I howl and begin to run and jump over tree stumps and rocks, I duck under tree that have fallen over and that are just high enough for me to get under. I finish running for about 25-30 minutes and then decide to go home and take a shower.

I arrive home and go upstairs to my room to get a change of clothes, I grab my light denim skinny jeans and a white long sleeve shirt. I walk put of my room and walk to my bathroom that is connected to my room. I have a shower and think about what I'm gonna do for my birthday which is in a week. Am I going to have a beach party with people from my school who are not werewolves or just a couple of people over or just have a beach party with the pack? What is it going to be like since I find out who my mate is? I just stand in the shower with so many questions going through my mind, until i am brought out of my mind of thoughts by my mum saying that she is going out to do shopping. I finish having a shower and get changed into my clean pair of clothes, I walk back onto my room and lay on my bed thinking about my 17th birthday, without even realizing I fall asleep in a mind full of thoughts.

I get woken up by the front door closing from someone walking in. "Max I'm home". My mum states loud enough for me to hear her.

I walk down stairs and into the kitchen where my mum was standing. "Mum I'm wondering what I should do for my birthday. Have you got and ideas?" I ask.

"Umm.. Maybe you could hang out with some of your friends from our pack". She suggests.

"Yeah maybe" I reply with a bit of a sigh.

"What's wrong dear?" He asks in a worried tone.

"Nothing. I was just wondering about a beach party with the pack or just friends who aren't like us". I answer and put on a fake smile so she thinks I'm fine.

"That pack idea is good". She states.

"Are you excited to meet you mate?" She asks with a smirk.

"Yeah I guess". I reply.

"You don't seem so sure about it though". She replies.

"It's just I don't think that I need one and I don't know who it will be. Like is it gonna be someone I have a crush on or someone I get along with or someone I don't like?" I reply.

"It will be whoever your wolf picks and if the other persons wolf accepts you". She says calmly.

I sigh and then walk put of the room and then go upstairs to my room. I get to my room and walk over to my bed, I lay down and close my eyes and imagine what it would be like to have a mate.

A week pasted and it is the night before my birthday, I thought I would be excited about it but now that the time has come i'm not as excited. I walk over to the draws on the other side of my room and grab out a dark navy blue tank top and black trackies out of the middle draw and then go to the bathroom and have a shower, I finish having a shower and then I go to bed, I they to get to sleep for about 30 minutes before I manage to slowly get to sleep.

Hey guys sorry for the wait I was planning on finishing it yesterday but after I saved it half of it deleted, so I had to try to remember what I wrote. Sorry for any mistakes and bad grammar. Please vote and comment.

What do you think will happen in the next chapter? Please let me know is comments.