~Chapter 16~

Picture: Brent

I walked back down stairs with Max right behind me because my mother wanted me to come down stairs. She was at the bottom of the stairs with a stressful look on her face. "What's wrong mum?" He ask worriedly.

"It's about them rogues you told me about". She replied.

"On our land?" He asked a bit irritated so I grab hold of his hand and give it a light squeeze trying to calm him down. He turned his face around to look at me and nodded to let me know he's ok.

"Yeah there are about 8 of the that we know of". She answers.

"Okay I'm going to go take care of it, mum look after Max for me". He ordered.

"No I'm coming with you Seth". I argued.

"No your not these rogues are from a pack of around 50 minimally and they have lost their minds, with their wolves being in control that mean they don't hesitate to kill". He states trying to get his point across.

"They may be rogue and strong but you need someone to have your back". I argue again.

"I will have some to have my back I will have Brent and Aaron". He replies firmly.

"Fine whatever". I huff and walk upstairs towards his room. I wasn't giving up this easy i was going to come up with a plan.

~Seth~

"Fine whatever". He huffs and walks upstairs.

I sigh and then I mind link Brent and Aaron. 'Meet me i front of my place as soon as possible. Group of minimally 8 rogues'. I say and then walk out the front door and wait for Brent and Aaron.

I wait in front of the porch for about 2 minutes before I see Brent and Aaron coming into view. "Are you guy's read Your?" I ask firmly. They both nod .

"Ok we shift as soon as one of us picks up someone's scent". I state and start to walk towards the start of the forest.

"Seth are you sure we don't need anyone else?" Aaron asks.

"No". I reply and start to run so we can can get this over with faster.

We run for about 5 minutes until we reach a small creek. "Wait". Brent whispers.

"Rogue?" I ask while whispering. And he nods.

'Shift'. I mind link. And with that we all shift into our wolf forms.

~Max~

I walk back down stairs once I am 100% sure Seth is gone. I see Emma and Olivia sitting on a small couch in each other's embrace. "Umm... Excuse me, I'm just going to get some. Uhh. Fresh air". I stutter a bit and hope that she didn't realise.

"Okay sure". Emma replies with a soft smile.

"Thank you". I thank.

"Oh and Max. Protect Seth". She replies. So she knew I was going to find them? Oh well.

I run outside and run a bit so that I'm far enough from the house, I leap and in mid air i shift into my white wolf. I continue to run into the forest following Seth's scent. After about 5 minutes I lose Seth's scent and I start to panic. 'Seth where are you?' I say worriedly.

'I'm with Aaron and Brent, we are fine we found another scent near a creek and now we are searching for it. SHIT!' Seth yells.

'SETH!?!' I scream through our mind link.

'I'm fine just stay at the house and don't leave it, ok I got to go they are attacking us'. Seth orders.

I start to panic again knowing that they are being attacked so I try and see if I can smell any nearby water. I get the scent of water and so I start to follow it until I reach a creek, i start to faintly catch onto Seth's scent so I follow it best I can until I see about 5 wolves attacking them. I growl loudly catching the attention of Seth and 2 of the rogues. 'MAX WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!' Seth growls in my head, I just shake my head and growl at the rogues. I start to walk towards them with my head held high and they growl back at my lifting there head high, they are bigger then me but I don't back down.

Suddenly of of the rogues lunged at me and I dodged by ducking to the left, I quickly followed his movement after he passed me and I dove at his neck and sinking my canines into his flesh crushing anything that got in the way. For my reward i earned a painful yelp that sounded more like a scream. I didn't let go of his neck until I couldn't feel him making any movents, I let go of his neck causing his now lifeless body to drop onto the ground. I looked at his body feeling proud of myself for doing something good for this pack, usually I feel useless but now I feel power and strength. I was brought out of my little world by the other rogue that was growling at me and I started to growl back. I leaped at the growling wolf and tried to grab his neck but he dodged my attack, the wolf stated snapping at my legs but I kept moving them so that he couldn't get them. I tried to get up as quick as I could so that I could attack the raging wolf but he stopped me by getting hold of my right front paw causing me to help in pain.

'MAX!!!' I heard Seth shout in my head. And he ran over to me and pushing the wolf away from me and growling. 'I told you to stay at the house'. He growled but I ignored him. 'Don't ignore me'. He growls again.

'I just wanted to help because I always feel so useless'. I replied. Seth just stood there growling at the wolf that attacked me and didn't even notice the wolf charging at him. My leg causes me pain every time I try to stand up but I manage to jump up and block the wolf that is going after Seth. He was going for Seth's legs but I went for his neck. I got hold of his neck and did the same thing as I did to the other wolf but this time I didn't stop attacking even when I know he was dead, I let go of his neck and started to attack at his feet. I was in a frenzy from all the adrenaline pumping in my body. 'Max stop it'. Seth says in my head, I stop and look around to see that there were no more wolves fighting.

'Is that all of them?' I ask.

'We think so... For now'. He answers.

'Okay'. I reply.

'Let's go'. Seth says in the mind link. Aaron Brent and I nod in reply, we start to walk back to the house so that we can relax after a tough fight.

I go to take a step and wince at the pain from my leg. 'Are you okay?' Seth asks me.

'Yeah I'm fine it just hurts'. I reply. After I say that Seth starts to lick my wound to speed up the heeling, after about 1 minute the bit marks stop bleeding and start to disappear.

'Thanks'. I say and lick his muzzle.

'Anytime'. He replies and turns around and starts to walk. I speed walk to catch up to him and once I do i walk next to him, wanting to stay close to him.

After about 15-20 minutes we reach Seth's place and say thanks and bye to Aaron and Brent. Seth and I shift back to our human forms and get dressed before we enter the house. After we get changed we go inside and see Emma pacing around the room with Olivia trying to tell her everything is going to be alright. "Emma look". Olivia says and points over to the door where Seth and I are standing.

"Oh my god are you two okay? Are you hurt? Im so glad you two are still alive" she says and starts to tear up.

Hey guys!~
How did you like this chapter? Let me know in the comments. I tried my best with this chapter, I didn't really know what to write at first but then I came up with a single idea and I just wrote and this what I got.
So leave a vote and a comment.
BYE BYE!~