SEVEN

'That dude was creepy.' May states.

'What dude?' Athena queries.

'The guy she was talking to.' May replies. 'He was staring at her and smirking. Essie looked absolutely petrified.' Bobby and Athena look at each other. 'You didn't notice?'

'We weren't really paying attention.' Athena says. 'I'll look into it.'

~

It's been a few days. Christopher has been spending the day at Buck's. It's 5 pm when Essie arrives at Buck's to pick Christopher up. She knocks on the door and a few seconds later, Buck answers.

'Essie.' Buck smiles. 'Come in.' Essie walks in and Buck closes the door. 

'How's he been?' Essie asks.

'Good.' Buck nods. 'He's spent most of the day playing video games.' He leads Essie through the house and to the living area where Christopher is sat on the sofa with Maddie. 'He's hasn't had any food yet.' 

'That's fine.' Essie replies. 'I was planning on taking him to Taco Bell anyway.' Maddie then stands up and walks over to them. 

'Essie, this is my sister, Maddie.' Buck introduces Maddie to Essie. 'Maddie, this is Essie. Eddie's daughter.' 

'Eddie and Essie.' Maddie says slowly.

'Yeah.' Essie laughs. 'My mom thought that it would be cute.' 

'Well, it is.' Buck also laughs.

'I don't think that my mom took into account that it wouldn't be cute once I reached the age of ten.' Essie replies with a laugh. She looks at the time on her watch. 'I better get Chris home so dad doesn't start to wonder where we are.' Buck turns around and walks over to Christopher.

'Hey, buddy.' Buck starts. Christopher looks up at him. 'Essie's here to take you home.' 

'Okay.' Christopher nods. He stands up, walks over to Essie and hugs her.

'Hey, bud.' Essie grins as she hugs Christopher back. 'We're going to get dinner on the way home, okay?' She tells him as she helps him with his coat. 

'Yeah.' Christopher nods. 

'What do you say to Buck for letting you come here today?' Essie asks him.

'Thank you.' Christopher thanks Buck. 

'No problem.' Buck smiles. 'I'll see you soon.'

'Bye.' Christopher grins. 

'See ya.' Essie adds. 'It was nice meeting you, Maddie.' Essie nods at Maddie. 

'You too.' Maddie smiles before Buck shows Christopher and Eddie out.

.

It is 9 pm. Buck is on his nightly walk. He's walking along the waterfront when he sees Essie sitting on a bench. He walks over to her and sits down. 

'Essie?' He starts. Essie looks at him and he can see that she's been crying. 'What's happened?' 

'I'm fine.' Essie shakes her head as she looks back out to the water. 'I come here when I'm having a mental health crisis.' 

'What do you mean?' Buck asks confused.

'I felt like cutting again.' Essie looks back at Buck. 'I haven't cut since I went into the facility but today, today I just-'

'It's okay.' Buck cuts her off. 'You don't have to explain yourself.' He adds. 'Does your dad know that you're here?' 

'Yeah.' Essie nods. 'He's drug tests me at least three times a day and makes me do a breathalyser.' She looks down. 'Something happened at the facility. Something bad.'