Chapter 1: Loss

For those of you who are wondering, no, this is not a sequel or a non-canon spin-off, this is a reboot of the entire series. Same story, but refined, with less spelling mistakes, more development and better writing altogether. I hope you all enjoy.

When you are destined to make it big, there are often signs along the way, hinting to your eventual rise to whatever top you strive for. Whether that be an abnormally huge iq, a unique personality, or a special ability no one else possesses.

"I'm sorry mam, but according to our diagnostics, it would appear as though your child is... well how do I sugarcoat this? Power-deficient? Non-special? Pressed skip in the character creation screen? Quirkless. Your son in quirkless."

Or in this case, a lack there of.

"M-mom? I can still be a hero... right?" Asked a young, teary-eyed Izuku.

"O-of course Izuku! I'm sure you can! You'll be a great hero, just like your dad!" His mother replied.

Izuku never met his father, but his mother always brings the hero subject back to him. apparently, he was one of the world's first quirkless heroes. Sure, he was just a late bloomer and developed fire breath later on, but she still emphasizes on how much of a great man he is.

"Will I ever g-get to meet him one day?" Asked Izuku, wiping off his tears, "Is he still working overseas."

"Of course Izuku, you'll get to meet him soon enough!" Inko replied, smiling through her own tears.

Yet despite all her words of reassurement, Izuku always felt as though she was hiding something. Still, it gave him hope, and that's all he needed.

Years later...

"Oi Deku! What'cha doing?" A grown up Bakugou stared down at him.

"Oh... uh... Kacchan, hi... I was just... uh..." Izuku mumbled, clutching his notebook. It was her mother's birthday gift to him, It even came with two built in bookmarks that were shaped like All Might's signature hair.

"Gimme that!" Bakugou snatched his notebook right out of his palm.

"Hey! give that back!" Izuku cried.

"Why?" Bakugou said in a sadistic fashion, "Aren't we friends?"

"I know what you're gonna do! Give that back before I-"

"Before you what?" Bakugou cut him off. Two other guys showed up, his "friends" probably.

"well look at that! This kid wants to be a hero!" Bakugou yelled out loud as everyone in the classroom laughed in unison.

"Isn't he that quirkless pipsqueak?" Someone in the crowd laughed.

"And won't you look at that? He actually sketched a hero costume in here!" Laughed another.

"DOES HIS LACK OF QUIRK ALSO EXPLAIN HIS LACK OF ORIGINALITY? "MIGHTY"? WHAT KIND OF STUPID HERO NAME IS THAT?!" Laughed another, "I MEAN, MY MOUTH'S A LITERAL MEGAPHONE AND I CAN COME UP WITH A MORE ORIGINAL HERO NAME FOR MYSELF."

This is normally where Izuku would fight back, thrashing. But he has been laughed at and beat up so many times that he was used to it at this point. Instead, he just raised his arms helplessly as the crowd pelted him with erasers and crumbled up candy bar wrappers.

"Listen Deku." Katsuki called out, grabbing Izuku by shoulder, his fists sizzling with fire and Izuku's uniform started to emit black smoke, "Don't bother with this hero business and just go find a hole to die in, okay?" he said, with a menacing smile and in a eerily calm tone.