Chapter 3: Resurgence

Sachi's log, entry 1: It's been a week since I escaped the clutches of my own creator who has tried to scrap me for a shinier, fancier version. I've taken refuge in the one place he would never bother looking, a Shigaraki x Deku fic. Sure, he was never fond of any BL ships, but he seems to harbor a very particular hatred towards chapped lips and dehydration, wonder if him being a literal fruit has anything to do with it.

The conditions aren't too bad, I've been able to blend in relatively well, so as long as the author doesn't find me here, I should be safe. Now, I just need to think of my next move. But in the meantime, I might as well set up shop here and do some more things with my life. I have internet access, a movie theater right down the block and this Nintendo switch I salvaged from the dumpster. Maybe I could do some game reviews while I wait for this whole thing to blow over, or maybe do some reaction videos?

Hey! This anime looks interesting! "Boku no Pico"? Well, the last "Boku No" anime I took part in was a massive hit, might as well give it a shot!

...

The howls of police sirens were heard in the distance, as the fire from L'Oreal's body started to spread. As this happened, Sachi tore open the door shutters, as he saw police entering the building.

"Hey kid! The police are coming, we have to go!" Sachi yelled, "Kid?"

As he turned around, he saw Izuku, on his knees, hyperventilating as reality started to catch up to him. He just burned someone alive, and laughed. What was wrong with him? Was he even sane anymore. Suddenly, he felt a strong pull as Sachi's arms wrapped around him, lifting him up and carrying him away.

When the police arrived on scene, the duo was long gone, leaving the place trashed and burning. As the fire department came rushing in, the police asked the nearby witnesses.

"Some kid ran in and attacked the hero you say?" Asked the police.

"Yeah! I dunno who he was. Just some weirdo I guess, but L'Oreal was so awesome! You should have seen him!" Said the civilian.

"L'Oreal?" Asked the policemen, before whispering to his partner officer, "Wasn't he charged with tax fraud and adultery and had his hero license suspended?"

"Apparently he payed off the media to erase all that from the news." Replied the officer, "Signing autographs and dressing up isn't illegal per say, but if he really did fight a villain, it goes against the law."

"Then find him, that man needs some serious scolding." Ordered the police officer.

"Sir! We found him! Well... what's left of him." Yelled a policeman, running in, "On the second floor."

Running up to the second floor, they gazed in horror, as the paramedics who arrived with the fire department lead the two to the charred remains of the former hero.

"Are we sure this is L'Oreal?" Asked the police officer.

"My quirk allows me to instantly recognize a person's name and identity by merely touching anything with their genetic code, this is indeed him." Said the paramedics.

Hearing this, the officer pulled out a cigar from his pocket, lighting it and slowly released a cloud of smoke.

"Get the detective on the line." Said the officer, "We might have a new villain to add to the database."

Izuku found himself in an alleyway, not the most welcoming place to wake up in, but he was too emotionally drained to feel fear, or any emotion at all for that matter. All he wanted to do was fall back asleep and hope it was all just a bad dream. That man, it wasn't him, it couldn't be. He would never have enjoyed the suffering of others so thoroughly. Was it the satisfaction of finally fighting back that gave him such enjoyment? Was it the bloodlust? Him just getting too into his role as a saviour of who he believed was the real victim? He didn't want to think much. All he knew was whoever that was, he would prefer just keeping him locked deep within his subconscious.