Chapter 12: Training

Sachi's log, Entry ?: The author's office has been deserted for over a month. I dunno what's been doing on with him, but ever since he disappeared, life's been relatively peaceful. I guess he must've gotten burned out or something, maybe he just needed a break, or perhaps he's trying to expand his writing outside the field of fanfiction.

Perhaps he has found another side, one that happens to be known as . And I'm just throwing around wild guesses around, but perhaps he's also writing his own original novel. Yeah, his own original Isekai. Where fantasy meets modern tech, with monsters and magic galore! One going by the name "Operation: New World" read now on Webnovel .com! Odd, now I'm sounding like a promo ad.

Wait a minute...

An air of unease loomed in the Midoriya residence, as a man aged in his late 40s had found himself at the entrance of apartment. With Izuku not home, Inko was alone, face to face with him. The man took off his hat, revealing white, slicked back hair as he looked down at the plump woman.

"Mr. Shigaraki?" Asked Inko.

"Good Afternoon, Miss Midoriya, It's been... a while." Replied Mr Shigaraki, "Is now... not a good time?"

"What? Of course it is! Come in, come in..." Inko replied swiftly, running up to fetch his coat.

"Oh, that won't be necessary, I'm not staying for long." Mr Shigaraki retorted awkwardly, as he took off his shoes and but on the guest's sandals, which he somehow knew exactly where they were.

As the man entered the living room, Inko went to fetch some tea for the visitor, as the two sat by the coffee table face to face.

"It's been quite some time since we last met, Inko-chan." Said Mr Shigaraki in a calm, soothing tone, "I haven't seen you since... well... the incident."

"Yes, it's been pretty quiet around lately since the day of his... departure." Inko replied solemnly, "Rest assured though, I'm doing fine on my own."

"You look like you could use some company after all this time." Remarked the man.

"Well, I always have Izuku." Replied Inko, taking a drink of her tea, "Oh, speaking of company, how have you been doing? You know, since Bluejay closed it's doors for good."

"When you're one of Hisashi's lead investors and closest colleagues, jobs generally come looking for you." Replied Mr Shigaraki, "I'm actually working for a pharmaceutical company right now, producing new, cutting edge medicine to hopefully bring an end to Covid-25 by the end of the year."

"You'd think we would have figured things out when 20 came about." Commented Inko.

"Anyways, Inko, I think it was about time we discussed about, well... Izuku's future prospects." Said Mr Shigaraki, "Did me tell you he's planning to apply for U.A?"

"He is!?" Inko exclaimed, nearly jumping off her seat.

"You do know what this entails, right?" Asked Mr Shigaraki.

Inko clenched her tea cup, nodding her head.

"Inko, I understand you don't want to get him involved in the hero business, especially after the incident, but this is his choice." Said Mr Shigaraki, "You can't control him forever."

"I had hoped that maybe having him be my hero would be enough." Said Inko in a somber tone, "Izuku... why must you be so stubborn?"

"The biggest problem we are facing in this conundrum is the surname. Midoriya isn't the most uncommon last name, but if they read into Izuku's family background, they're going to know. And if they know, you know what will happen next." Said Mr Shigaraki.