~ Part 2 ~ We... Struck A Deal ~

Paradise City  -  Guns N Roses

-James POV-

It had been 2 weeks since Lily had promised to see me over the summer. 2 weeks. Maybe something was up. I look out the window.

"Mate, would you stop getting lost in window land. Come on! If she's gonna send an owl, she'll send an owl, and your blubbering at the window won't help speed up the process!" Sirius said. I'd been staring at the window for hours on edge for the last few days or so, and I think it's safe to say that my best mate was getting quite annoyed.

Sirius had lived with my family ever since his had gone all... dark-magic-no-Gryffindor on him. My mum took him in with open arms; Sirius had been over plenty of times already, what's one more permanent time?

All of a sudden, a beautiful grey owl came soaring over from the trees near the back of the yard. I gasped excitedly like a little girl just getting her pony.

"Look, look Padfoot! That's Lily's owl!" I practically screamed. I jump off my bed, and race down the stairway into the kitchen.

"A grey owl is about to come in! It's my letter! I get to open it!" I yelled at everyone. My mum, dad, aunt, and two little cousins were all sitting around the kitchen table. Rachel, my youngest cousin, was 4, and Eloise's fourth year in Hogwarts was this year. They were both very clever, a little too clever for their age, if you ask me.

"Hm, how lovely! And who is the owl from?" My mum asked, expecting it to be Remus or Peter as usual. But no, not Lily. Mum did not expect it to be the amazing Lily she had heard so much about.

"Lily Evans," I put casually.

"Ooh, Lily. Isn't she that girl you constantly talk about?" Eloise teased.

"I believe that's the one, dearie. And James has finally acquired her interest!" My aunt said.

"I think that's perfectly right, Margaret. Is it, James?"Mum asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well..." I started. I can pull this off. "We... struck a deal"

"What was the deal?" Mum asked in an unusually calm tone, considering she new that I had a knack for finding the trouble in things. Well, they always say it's calmest before the storm.

"She promised... that we would see each other over the summer, if I... put her down," I said, cringing, waiting for my mums explosion at me for carrying around a girl when said girl didn't exactly desire to be in the situation.

"Put her down from what exactly? What did you do to the poor girl?" Mum asked, on the verge of yelling.

"Well. That is quite a lovely story, now that you ask," Sirius said with a smirk, leaning on a wall at the top of the stairs. I gave him a death glare that he ignored. "Oh yeah, Lily was having a jolly good time with her friends, right? James decides that now would be the perfect time to say goodbye. So what does he do? He runs after her, but she, being the smart and clever girl that she is, spotted him. He chased after her, hollering at her. Then she challenged that he couldn't catch her, and you know how that goes. Well, then, this is the good part, he flings her over his shoulder, and runs through the corridors aimlessly for what, say, half an hour? Lucky she didn't have any classes to miss, this time. And this lovely rendezvous ends when Lily dear strikes her deal. They see each other over summer, he puts her down." And at that, Sirius ended proudly.

"At a boy! Very clever, James." Dad piped in. Mum slapped him on the arm, and he coiled back.

"James Fleamont Potter! That is unacceptable behavior!" Mum exclaimed. "And what, pray tell, does Sirius mean by 'no classes to miss this time'?"