~ Part 22 ~ Seems A Bit Harsh, Doesn't It? ~

The Sweet Escape - Gwen Stefani

-Lily POV-

The train pulls to a stop, and as I hear the whistle screaming, and see the starry night sky above the roof of Hogwarts, I am overcome with a giddy feeling of familiarity.

I step out of the compartment, and separate from my girlfriends to go lead the second years to the carriages (Hagrid's got the first years).

I step off the train and into the darkness, only to make myself feel even more bliss.

I was finally home.

Sure, number 3004, Railview Street was my house, but Hogwarts was my home. I can finally do magic without someone screaming at me that it's unnatural and that I'm a freak... yay!

Merlin, that sounds sad.

I take a deep breath. The Black Lake. "Firs' years, this way!" being yelled. The gray-tan brick. The black roof. The boats with little lanterns hanging off the edge. The carriages being pulled by unseen thestrals.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by someone yelling my name.

"Lily!" James yells.

"Hey. Right now we're supposed to be guiding all the second years to the carriages so..." I trail off.

"Time to guide!" James declares. "SECOND YEARS! SECOND YEARS THIS WAY! ALSO ANYONE ELSE ABOVE FIRST YEARS! THESE CARRIAGES! OVER HERE!" I chuckle at James.

"Alright everyone! First years that way, the rest over here!" I shout. I see a third year looking boy attempt to climb into a boat. "Hey, carriages that way."

He jumps when he hears me, hugs a first year girl with tears streaming down her cheeks, and sulks off. I walk towards the girl. "Are you okay?"

"I-I..."

"It's alright. You can say."

"Some older kids... called me a... a..." The girl starts. My eyes darken.

Mudblood, right? I think coldly.

"I understand. What'd they look like? I'll teach them a lesson for you."

"They... one boy had... slicked back white-ish hair... and there was a girl with crazy black hair.... and then another girl, with white hair... and then a boy with greasy black hair."

My eyebrows furrow in anger.

Lucius Malfoy.

Bellatrix Black.

Narcissa Black.

And Severus Snape.

"Oh, I know them. They'll get payback, for sure," I say. I said this calmly, however my actions seem to emit anything but calm. My nostrils are flared, my mouth is in a thin line with my jaw tight, my eyes are alight with anger, and my fist is clenched so tight that my hand is turning white. "It'll be okay." I tell her, then I walk off.

"OI, YOU! YOU'RE NOT A FIRST YEAR! GET OFFA' THE BOAT, BIT-" James yells. I cut him off before he says anything rash.

"Seems a bit harsh, doesn't it?" I ask. I'm currently not in the mood for name-calling.

"Oh! Lily. You heard that..." James says, with a wince that he turned into a puppy-dog eyed grin.

"Yes, yes I did," I say. My figure still emits hate from what the girl said before. James seems to notice this.

"Are you alright, Lily?"

"Oh, nothing, simply plotting murder," I say, eyes cold with loathing for those foul Slytherins. I walk off before James can respond.

There are only two carriages left by the time I walk over; I had been leading all the second years and such. One carriage had... it looked like Patricia Patil, three other ravenclaws, a Hufflepuff, a Gryffindor, and then some boy who I think is called... X... Xeno... Xeno something. I just call him Phil when talking to him; I know there's some mention of Phil in his irregular name. Phil Lovegood. I turn to the other carriage, and immediately decide to sit in the first one. This one has-my favorite people in the whole wide world-Bellatrix, Narcissa, Lucius, Severus, and a bunch of others from the Death Eater Crew.

I quickly hurry toward the more appealing carriage and take the last seat.

"Hi!" I say. "Mind if I sit here?"

"No, not at all, take a seat," the Hufflepuff says.

"But be warned, there are some nargles flying around here..." Phil says distractedly, trailing off. I chuckle.

The rest of the ride is fairly peaceful. The Ravenclaws talk with each other, the Gryffindor and Patricia seem to be friends, and Phil and I talk a bit; mostly about Crumple-Horned Snorkacks and Nargles.

We pull up to a stop at the school, and I feel
a bit of the anger I had at Snape and his lot fade away. I'm too happy to be back at Hogwarts.

~ ~ ~
NOTES: X

-Amelia