~ Part 71 ~ Fine, Dare ~

What Is And What Should Never Be - Led Zeppelin

-Lily POV-

"Right then, Padfoot. Truth or dare?" James asks Sirius. I see Sirius smirk.

"What do you think?" Sirius asks.

James gets a mischievous look on his face. "Well, Paddy, I'm quite thirsty, so your dare is..."

James does a drumroll on his knees.

"To sneak down into the kitchens and get Butterbeer!" He finally exclaims.

"Hm... good dare, except there is one aspect I would change," Sirius comments, as if evaluating James's dare quality. "Rather than Butterbeer, I should get Firewhiskey!"

"Nope, nope, nope, and... what was that last one? Nope," I butt in.

"Evaaans," Sirius whines. "Pretty please? With sugar on top?"

James cuts in. "And a cherry on top?"

"And those yummy M&M things from the muggle theater!"

"And the skittles, too!"

"And the Swedish Fish!"

"And a corn dog!"

"And popcorn!"

"And-"

"Well," I cut James off. "I'm glad to know you like muggle junk food, but-"

"Oh, Lils, please? I promise we'll only get 8 bottles, one for each of us!" James begs.

"4 bottles and it's a deal," I answer.

"Then how-"

"People will share," I reply.

"Only if I get to share with you," James responds with a pouty lip.

I sigh, laughing. "Alright, fine."

"Yes!" James says excitedly. "AWAY, PADFOOT! RIDE WITH THE WIND!"

Sirius runs out of the common room with some sort of war-cry.

Well, how much worse can Firewhiskey even make him, right?

~ ~ ~

Sirius comes bounding in 10-odd minutes later, two bottles of Firewhiskey in each hand.

"And the life of the party has arrived!" Sirius exclaims.

"You mean yourself, or the whiskey?" Remus asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Both," Sirius replies simply, hopping back to his spot on the floor, but this time sitting with his legs crossed and facing us rather than laying down.

He passes a bottle to me and James, to Frank and Alice, to Mary and Remus, and then looks down at the last bottle, and at Marlene. He shrugs, smirking, and Marlene rolls her eyes and joins him on the floor.

"Right then, my turn," Sirius drawls. "LILY! YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE!"

"And he hasn't even had any Firewhiskey yet," Remus mutters.

"Ah, but that changes riiiight"-Sirius uncorks his and Marlene's bottle, and takes a long drink-"now."

"Just move along, Sirius," I push. "I would like my turn before you are drunk."

"Of course, Lilyflower," Sirius says. "Now, truth or dare? Make me proud."

"Tr-" I start to say, but Sirius purses his lips with a pointed look towards me. I roll my eyes. "Fine, dare."