Four

"Go ahead, I'm ready for it."

Dean gave me a perplexed look, his eyes briefly glancing me over before he shrugged.

"You look fine to me, nothing wrong with an extra bit of cushion."

I had to supress the urge to roll my eyes, though I did feel like a weight had lifted from my shoulders and a natural smile came to me.

"You're just saying that to be nice, but thanks."

"Hey, when do I ever say stuff I don't mean?"

"Literally all the time?"

He stopped for a second, looking away and raising his eyebrows as if he were considering the statement before nodding.

"Okay, yeah, I'll give you that one."

"If you two are done flirting," Sam interrupting, his tone coming across short and abrupt, "can we maybe start figuring out how to fix this for her?"

We both turned to him, equal looks of confusion and bemusement as he looked back at us, eyes flickering back and forth.

"We weren't flirting," I said, "at least I wasn't, it'd be the last thing I'd want to do right now."

"Yeah," Dean agreed, "I was just being honest with her but you're right, as always, we need to focus on finding a cure, we all know a bit of weight isn't the only thing she would have done."

"That's what scares me."

Sam nodded, pulling out a chair at the table to sit down, us following his lead shortly after.

"You guys think this could be an attempt to slow us down?"

I looked to Dean, chewing on my lip a little as my leg started to bounce again.

"I don't know," Sam said with a light frown, "this doesn't seem like typical witch fashion, warlock maybe as they seem to like messing with people."

"Every witch is different though, but you're right, so far there's been no signs of hex bags being involved."

"What if it's a bit of both?" I suggested, "them wanting to slow us down and involve us in their victimology? Everyone is always trying to kill you guys."

"Then that begs the question, why didn't she simply just off us if she had the chance? We were all separated at one point," Sam replied.

"Maybe this isn't purely about killing," Dean said, looking to his brother, "maybe this is about revenge."

"And we'd be getting in the way."

"It may explain some of the deaths too," I nodded, "they haven't exactly been straight forward."

"No, not when there's been some Ring shit," Dean shuddered.

"Yeah, choking on hair is not how I'd want to go either."

"Did you get a good look at her before she zapped you?"

I frowned in thought, thinking back to the previous night before slowly shaking my head.

"Sorry, all I remember is that she was short, bigger and had half her hair shaved."

"That could narrow down our search," Sam said, "at least it's something to go on, do you remember if she said anything?"

"Not really, it all happened kind of fast, I think she yelled something close to; "You'll all play," before she booked it and left me there to my concussion."

"She escaped just before I found you then," he sighed. "Wonder what she meant with play?"

"Who knows but it's a start," Dean shrugged, "it's a small town, we can try and retrace our steps from last night, see if we can figure out where she would have spotted us from."

"Sounds like a plan," I nodded.

"Great, but first I want breakfast."

Dean snatched up a bag that Sam had left on the table from earlier, rifling through as I stood up and grabbed the bag with my new clothes inside.

"I'll take this moment to go and get changed, no need to be fedded up if we're going casually strolling."

"Okay, we'll see you back here in twenty."

"Will you be alright?" Sam asked, looking at me in concern.

"Yeah," I smiled, fiddling with my sleeves, "I feel a little better now."

"Good," he smiled back, though it was still full of sympathy, "just give me a buzz if you need anything."

"I'll be gone for barely half an hour, Sam, I think I'll manage."

I laughed and walked out, giving a small, playful wave of dismissal.

As the door closed behind me, I let out a long sigh and looked down at the carrier full of clothes.

"At least I will as long as I can avoid my reflection."