Six

A loud yell from next door jolted me awake and registered somewhere in the back of my groggy mind, sending my heart pounding with adrenaline.

Bolting to the door, I unlocked it and managed to stumble my way out without tripping over, stopping outside the room to my left. It was a good thing I'd bought fitting sleeping clothes too.

"Why the hell would you do that?" I heard from the other side.

It was Sam and he sounded pretty angry.

"I didn't do anything," was Dean's response, voice laced with tiredness.

"Right, so it just cut itself, huh?"

"I don't know, man, but it wasn't me,"

With my curiosity peaked, I raised my hand and gave the door a rapid knock, which was followed by what sounded like urgent scrabbling inside and quiet mutterings that I could just about make out.

"It's probably-"

"-eah, I know, don't let her in."

"Dude, she'll see eventu-"

"Guys, come on, it's cold out here," I said with a sigh and a slight eyeroll.

There's some more scuffling inside before the door finally opens to reveal a dishevelled Dean, who was leaning near halfway across the room in some unseen battle to get to the door.

I raised my eyebrow, looking at him as he gave me his boyishly charming smile.

"Good morning."

"It would be if I hadn't woken up to Sam screaming like a slasher victim."

"That? Oh, it's nothing to worry about."

I gave him an unconvinced hum then nudged him aside to step inside, Dean having to stumble a little to one side as to not be knocked over by my admittedly rude entry.

Dean closed the door behind me then stepped beside me, folding his arms.

"May as well come out, Sammy, she ain't leaving."

Looking up at him, I notice that Dean's eyes are trained on the bathroom door until he notices my state, then he instead gives me an amused smirk as the bathroom lock clicks open and a heavy sigh was heard as the door slowly creaked open.

Dean covered his mouth, trying hard but failing at covering his amused smile.

"This isn't funny Dean," Sam snapped, stepping out of the bathroom.

"You're right," he nodded, "it's hilarious."

Sam shot his brother the dirtiest bitch face I had ever witnessed before averting his eyes, my own widening in surprise.

"Oh, wow."

"I know, okay," he huffed.

"It looks fine," I shrugged, staring at his hair, "just a little shorter than usual."

Sam gawped at me, a strangled cough of a scoff escaping him.

The shorter style was taking a lot to get used to, Sam's hair had only ever been varying version of a long mop in all the time I had known him and here he was, his hair closer to a Dean hairstyle than Sam and it was throwing everything out of whack.

It didn't suit him, but it may grow on my tastes overtime.

Maybe.

"So, how does it feel?" I asked, trying not to snicker.

"I feel naked."

"Thank god you're not," Dean grimaced.

"You don't get to comment on this, this is your fault."

"How is it my fault?" Dean asked, his voiced raising defensively as Sam reeled on him.

"You obviously did this in my sleep."

"If it had been me, do you really think I would have tidied up the bits?"

There's a pause as Sam turned towards the bed, taking a moment to inspect the white pillow before turning back to us, his mouth opening and then closing again when no reply came, his jaw tensing as he shook his head.

"Besides," Dean continued, "if it were me, I'd have done it years ago, you've deserved it for long enough."

"Okay, before you carry on," I interjected, looking between the two, "can I make a suggestion?"

Bother brother share a look and then turn to me, a silent indication to go on.

"Maybe it's the witch?"

"That would make sense," Dean agreed, "more sense than me after all this time of being stuck with him."

Sam looked thoughtful before nodding slowly, letting out another loaded sigh.

"'You'll all play', guess I'm in the game."

"Welcome," I laughed softly, holding my arms open, "the game sucks."

"It does," he frowned, "but it's a great temporary distraction."

"But from what?" Dean chimed in, looking between us.