Ten

"So, do you wish to explain yourself?"

Camille looked up from her drink, her mug was tightly grasped between her hands to try and stop them from shaking so much.

Taking a deep breath, she looked at me and then let it out in a long sigh.

"I swear I didn't know about the deaths," she started shakily, her leg beginning to bounce.

"I can tell, but you've really incriminated yourself with what you've been doing."

"I get that now but at the time it was just some fun, something harmless to keep you out of my hair."

"Harmless? Really?"

"Yeah, what's some hair and some weight?"

I stared at her then shook my head, letting out a long breath through my nose as I closed my eyes.

"You are messing with people's appearances and securities."

"Temporarily yeah, to keep you off our back."

"Our?"

Camille looked at me sheepishly, shuffling in her seat.

"I was trying to throw you off the trail of someone, who also isn't the killer, I know that for sure."

"Uh-huh," I said, raising my eyebrow.

"No really, she's totally lovely and wouldn't hurt a fly," she smiled wistfully at her linked hands.

My eyebrows rose and I found myself smiling, not that she was looking at me to notice.

I shifted in my seat and rest my hands in my lap, trying to ignore the plush feeling coming from my thighs and the crevices the slight rolls from bending created in my jeans.

"I see," I drawled slowly, an obvious hinting edge in my voice as if we were best friends having a little gossip, "so who is she?"

"I'm not telling you," she recovered quickly, looking at me, "don't think we don't know about you, everyone knows about the Winchesters."

I leaned back, holding my hands up.

"I just wanted to know about the girl you seemed sweet on, nothing more."

"So you can go and accuse her too?"

"Not at all," I shrugged, "more so we can talk to her and maybe see if she knows anyone who wants to hurt people, not lead them off a trail by shifting everything they know."

Camille stared at me then scoffed and looked away, fiddling with the nails on one hand.

"How do you know I'm sweet on her anyway?"

"Please," I snickered, rolling my eyes, "believe it or not I did go to school, I've seen that look on many girl's faces."

She huffed a small laugh and chewed on her lip, her eyes drifting to her hands.

"You're nicer than I thought you'd be, considering what I've done to you."

"Yeah," I nodded slowly, "about that..."

"Her name is Naomi," she started, ignoring my lead in, "she works in the local coffee place, I can take you there but you have to promise me that you won't push her too hard, she's sensitive."

Placing my hand atop her shoulder, I give her a smile to hide my irritation at my question being looked over.

"We will do our best to keep her comfortable, we just want to ask some questions."

"You promise?"

"Of course, as long as you promise to tell us all you know as well."

She nodded slowly then shrugged a little.

"I honestly don't know much, I'm still a beginner."

"Well, you seem to be able to hit the right places for a beginner."

Admittedly, my tone came out a little snippier than I had intended for it and Camille definitely noticed, but we both seemed to find it best that we ignore it for the moment.

"Like that matters anyway, the big one doesn't seem to care all that much."

My eyebrow quirked as I stare at her, mouth pressed into a thin line as words failed me for retort.

"Excuse me?" I finally said, feeling as dumb as I sounded.

Camille's face lightened up as she smiled, even if it was only faintly there.

"Come on, you can't tell me you can hunt things most people don't see but can't tell when someone is into you?"

I stared at her then shook my head, resisting the urge to roll my eyes.

"He's not into me, now how about we go for a little walk and you can show me where Naomi is."

Camille shrugged again, standing up.

"Not sure she'll like hunters knocking on her door at this time of night."

"Trust me," I stand up beside her, stretching my arms above my head, "it could be a hell of a lot worse."