Jeju : 1

Chapter 6 - Jeju

Chapter 6 - Jeju.

"The colour of your lipstick is very pretty," Jungkook commented, holding a glass of beer and looked at her with soft eyes.

Lisa was applying a fresh coat of her lipstick on her lips. She glanced at him and asked, "Oh? You want to try it?"

She was dumbfounded by her question.

"Huh? I... I'm not that kind of guy." Jungkook gave an awkward smile and started rubbing the back of his neck. Lisa cursed herself for totally ruining the vibe...

Her name is Lisa Manoban. A young and ordinary white-collar worker. His name is Jeon Jungkook. A company senior who cares about her. They were in a bar, relaxing after a stressful day. No, it's not a date. It's just a post overtime meeting and nothing more.

*Cough cough* Lisa sipped her beer and immediately started coughing vigorously. Jungkook was worried, already asking a thousand 'are you alright?'

"Sorry. I didn't expect this beer to taste so bad..."

"Then... would you like to give my drink a taste?" Jungkook closed the small gap between them, by connecting their lips. Lisa's heart was beating so fast, she thought she would die any minute because of a heart attack. Besides, she loved his drink too...

After that, they were together. The beginning of a story is always like this. It came out of nowhere, so fast, that Lisa wasn't prepared at all.

"Want to go to Jeju?" Jungkook asked with his sweet, melodic voice, holding Lisa's soft hand.

"Yeah! I heard it's very beautiful there. I've always wanted to check it out!" Lisa gave him a big, bright smile. She continued cheerfully, "We can go on a paddle boat... And we'll see the beautiful white Buddhist, and then we'll see..."

"Haha, okay, okay calm down. Then it's a date! We'll go to Jeju!"

"Haha, yup! It's a date!"

Jungkook loved Lisa's lipstick colour. He always told her it looked good on her and that it even tasted good. When they were living together, whenever Lisa applied lipstick for any occasion, Jungkook just couldn't resist the temptation, and later, they would always end up on the bed.

Days spent in love are never hard to bear, and time flew by. Lisa always applied Jungkook's favourite colour and went on dates went to him. They worked together, did overtime together, and after work, they would take slow, late-night walks together under the warm, hazy light of the street lamps.

Although it was hectic and busy, Lisa was very happy. As if enchanted like Cinderella was... without noticing, two years passed by.

"So when are you guys planning to get married?" Lisa's close friend, Jennie, asked.

"Huh? Jungkook said that there are still no plans..." Lisa said dabbing the powder onto her face.

"You're not getting any younger. Marry him quickly. You're only going to get older and uglier..."

"Yah!"

"Ok sorry. Geez. But what about this Jungkook guy? How are you guys doing?"

"Jungkook's on a business trip, he'll be back tomorrow."

"You're both pretty busy."

Lisa realised that too. They were both so busy, that they never even went to Jeju.

"As for the matter of getting married," Jennie gave a little pause and continued, "I think I've already made myself clear. Don't lose yourself in love. We'll chat later, okay?"

Lisa was getting ready for work. As she took the lipstick to apply a coat, she realised that her lipstick was all used up. After all, it's Jungkook's favourite colour.

She left her house in a hurry to catch the train. It was her birthday. The day was calm and pleasant. The sun was warm. The sky had a light blue colour to it.

Lisa has turned 29 years old. Unfortunately, birthdays aren't a legal holiday. Since Jungkook is on a business trip, they won't be able to meet...