Black hole : 1

{A/N: please don't judge the characters up ahead. There might be people who actually go through it. }

Chapter 8 - Black hole

Lisa was busy texting her friend, telling her that she is going on a blind date. Yes, a blind date. Her friend texted her back immediately, telling her that finally, she can let go of her ex-boyfriend.

A few years ago, Lisa attended a friendly gathering. Her ex-boyfriend is a divorcee. They met in the same gathering.

Lisa fell in love with him at first sight. And asked for his contact details on the spot. She even set up a personalised ringtone for him, always waiting for his calls and messages. Later on, she started pursuing him consistently and strongly.

She bought pretty clothes, started exercising to lose weight, styling her hair. She even used the most feminine lipstick... She did everything she could do.

In Lisa's words— she thought that she finally knew the purpose of all her past relationships. That they all existed to give her enough experiences and skills to chase after him now.

The ex-boyfriend was originally prepared to go through life alone for the rest of his life. But in the end, he could not withstand Lisa's advances and acknowledged their relationship.

Lisa treated her ex-boyfriend who is 10 years older than her with all her heart. Ever since she discovered that he suffered from light asthma and rhinitis, Lisa who loved perfumes, gave all her perfumes to her friends.

Her friends usually complained to her that she takes care of her boyfriend as her son. But Lisa usually denies them saying that it's because she loves him too much.

And... even when they went out for dinner, Lisa was firm in forbidding anyone from smoking in front of her ex-boyfriend.

Generally speaking, this is the so-called 'doting love.' She took everything for him for the first while hardly worrying about herself.

What she loved most about him were his mature stability and his easy-going calmness.

However, Lisa discovered that this kind of mature stability and easy-going calmness...

It was a sign that he did not care about her.

Once, Lisa was bedridden with high fever, up to 39.4 degree Celsius. She called her ex-boyfriend to come over, but he just declined to say, "I'm busy so I can't come over, take care of yourself. Drink more water." And beep beep went the phone.

Just like this, the two of them broke up after two years. It's almost been a year since that broke up.

"Have you moved on from your ex-boyfriend?" Her friend asked.

"I... don't know, but I think, I can't go on like this."

Lisa's condition is not bad. After logging into the matchmaking app, she has appointments every week. However, perhaps it was due to her bad luck, all the date partners she met were...

"I like playing mobile games. I'm especially good at king's glory!" Said her date partner.

"For example, if your girlfriend called saying she is sick and wants you to take care of her when you are playing with a rank match... what will you do?" Asked Lisa with a calm expression.

"Pick Han Xin (a role in the game)! I can play very well with him."

"..."

"Yes, people like me don't need girlfriends. You need to cherish me." Another date said to Lisa.

"I Don't like girls who use makeup. Please let me look at your selfie without makeup" yet another one.

——————

"Maybe your just unlucky?" Chaeyoung asked with a small smile.

Chaeyoung is Lisa's best friend and mentor. She is single and very pretty. They were seated in a cafe, chatting about Lisa's previous date partners.

"I don't know. I'm meeting a few people later." Lisa said a little unsure "can you give me some suggestions?"

"Sure. I didn't listen to your story for nothing~"

Like this, Lisa spent the whole afternoon meeting with 4 or 5 date partners, normally introducing herself and chatting for a bit.

Chaeyoung just observed her quietly.

In the end, the dates all ended indifferently with the so-called 'I'll contact you again'

"How was it? Is there anyone you're interested in?" Chaeyoung asked, a little curious.

Lisa snorted "I don't care whether I'm interested or not. They all glanced at you secretly, I only looked like a decoration."

"So you were using me as a test to see if they were being genuine?" Chaeyoung smiled slyly.

"Come on!"

"But I've noticed something."

"Hmm?"

"The problem is..." Chaeyoung shifted her gaze from the coffee to Lisa "is coming from you."

"Huh..?"