New life : 1

{A/N: This series talks more about loving yourself than being dependent and waiting for others to love you. Enjoy!}

Chapter 12 - New life

"Miss, could you please pay the bill? We are closing soon." The bartender said and looked at her while wiping the tumbler effortlessly.

Lisa laid her head down on the table and smiled apologetically "Sorry, I... I don't have any money." She was drunk dead, but her head was clear enough to know what's going on.

The bartender placed the tumbler down on the table with a loud 'thud'. She then looked at Lisa with no emotion "Please... don't joke with us."

"Are you guys wanting people? I can work to earn money. Return the money, ya know?"

The bartender looked at her sympathetically before turning around "Please wait, I'll go and ask the boss."

After the bartender left, Lisa stared at her reflection on the glass table and started crying buckets of water.

~

In Seoul, Lisa is just an uncharacteristic individual. Working hard to survive in a fissure. A white-collar worker.

"Mom, this month's salary is paid. I transferred over 2000." Lisa spoke happily over the phone "Eat something better, don't let brother use a lot of money."

After paying the rent, transportation fees, water bill etc. Lisa still had a remaining of 1217 won, which she deposited in the bank with a balance of 98000 won.

She smiled looking at those digits. She remembered her promise with Jungkook.

"Wait until I've saved up enough for a down payment, then I'll marry you," Jungkook told her, holding Lisa's hands and looking into her eyes, deeply and affectionately.

Lisa couldn't ask for more. She currently was the happiest person. She gave Jungkook a tight hug and exclaimed "Yes! Let's save money together..!"

"Honey, you are the best!"

Lisa used to think she had the whole world. Even though it constantly put her under pressure, she was perfectly happy.

Interrupting Lisa's happy thoughts, her mom called her.

"Lisa do you have money?"

A bit worried, Lisa asked "Oh? What's wrong?"

"Your brother caused trouble in college. He has hurt someone and now, we have to pay 2000 won or he would have to go to jail."

"Mom, don't worry. I'll transfer the money to brother now."

In the evening, Jungkook called her up saying that he wanted to meet her.

"I have already seen the house. My mom said she would pay for the down payment but it has to be under my parents' name. Is it alright?" Jungkook scratched his nape and looked down sadly "I know I'm useless. I can't even have a say on a house..."

Lisa was least bothered "It doesn't matter. After all, the down payment is paid by your parents"

Jungkook looked sideways, scratching his nape "Could you lend me 100,000 won? The down payment is not enough. I will pay you back later."

Lisa's eyes widened with shock. He has never asked her for a favour. "My brother got into trouble and I spent little, adding together with the rent, there is only 82,900 won left. Is it okay?" She asked, worry evident in her tone "But next month we have to pay the rent, you have to get it early—."

Jungkook engulfed Lisa into a warm, tight hug "Okay. You're the best baby!"

Lisa melted in his warmness.

But she never thought that there would be a day where her world would collapse. Just like some campy drama. Because she witnessed Jungkook marrying a beautiful, rich lady.

She cried her sorrows out to her mom through a call, but her mom...

"Just make sure next time you find a better man~
Right now, shall I send you a picture of your brother's girlfriend? Have a look, is she fit in being our daughter-in-law?"

While Lisa cried streams of water.

Just like a drama, after experiencing her life's most heartbreaking breakdown, she couldn't focus on her work. And the rents kept piling up.

She is not fussy about the hardships of life and she never had any big dreams nor ambitions.

She only hoped for a simple life. In the end... where did it all go wrong?

~

The bartender came back to Lisa with a smile on her face "The boss has agreed, come to work tomorrow."

Lisa looked up at her, with tears welled up in her eyes "Really?"

The bartender looked at her pitifully and gave her a consoling smile "Come here tomorrow applying this lipstick. You dare to appear at the bar without makeup, you still think you're not ugly enough?"

Lisa accepted the lipstick
"Th... thank you"

"Be strong, no matter how much you are suffering, it will be over one day. Once the sufferings are over, it is the beginning of a new life." The bartender told her with a warm-hearted smile.

"New life?"

~

Hence, the first day she has to work in the bar has started. She applied the lipstick recommended by Jisoo, the bartender. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and smiled. The colour did suit her.

But before she even found her new life, she came across a groper.

Jisoo called out to her and spoke with a firm voice "Be clever, don't let others take advantage of you. Take a look at how the others deal with gropers later"

Hence, she carefully observed for a while and realised that... you can deliberately pour the wine on a pervert. You could also act like stepping on their feet was an accident.

If you really can't avoid it, just drown him with alcohol. Anyway, they would have to foot the bill.

Lisa was filled with astonishment. Wow, can we do that?