Winter love song : 4

Chapter 17 - Winter love song

I didn't have a wink of sleep for the past 2 days. Yes, it has been 2 days and Jungkook still hasn't contacted me.

Maybe, he doesn't want to see me...

...yeah, it was just an actor after all. I laid on my bed and starting rolling over in frustration. Looks like I was the only one who took this relationship seriously.

Just then, my phone chimed indicating that I got a notification. I shot up from my bed at the speed of light and grabbed it from my bedside table.

It turned out to be a message from the cafe...

________________________________

Dear miss Lisa, hello~ thank you for participating in the one-day couple event held by our cafe! We will hold a fireworks display at the New Year's Eve and we're inviting you to join us for the festive season!

________________________________

New year's fireworks festival? I looked at the message in awe. It would be amazing to go with Jungkook. But this time... He probably won't go.

I pouted sadly and looked at the message again and unknowingly, tears streamed down my face and stained my cheeks. I clenched my fist and held it against my chest. My heart aches so much.

~

Days went by just like that and soon, a new year was going to begin.

I decided to attend the festival. Well, it was better to go to a lively place rather than sulk at home.

The weather was unexpectedly more cold and chilly. I didn't bother to dress up, so I had less amount of clothes draped around me.

I walked through the huge crowd, which were mostly couples enjoying their sweet time with their loved ones.

"Look over there!"

"There's still only one minute left for 2020!"

"You look beautiful..."

"I'm hungry!"

Sweet whispers filled my ears. I went and stood near the railings, clenching them with my cold hands. I sighed sadly, looking at the beautiful scenery and city lights beneath me.

Balanced lifestyle.

A raise in pay.

Travelling to other countries.