Winter love song : 1

Chapter 14 - A winter love song

The streets were undeniably noisy. Everyone was wrapped up with layers of clothes and sweaters since it was the winter season.

I sighed sadly, looking out through the window from my workplace. It's Christmas again. It is always at this time every year, that we know that another year is coming to an end.

There are so many couples on the street. I let out a sigh again. At the beginning of the year, I said that I must find a boyfriend this year. However, there are only 8 days left. Forget about a boyfriend, there's not even a soul...

"Everybody, there's good news!" The manager barged in with his loud voice, earning my attention "The CEO said its Christmas holiday. Everybody take a break tomorrow~"

My colleagues rejoiced in happiness, but I wasn't a tad bit happy about it. There's nothing fun during Christmas. The couples on the street are paired in pairs. A single dog like me should be better off in the company doing work...

My phone vibrated interrupting my thoughts. It was my best friend, Chaeyoung. She sent a text message telling me that she wanted to meet me in a cafe.

I squealed in joy! Every year I have another single dog best friend that will celebrate with me~ I nuzzled my phone against my cheeks with a smile. We're still relentless single twins during this Christmas~

After work, I joyfully headed to 'Tint's Coffee', But was bewildered by the sight in front of me.

"LISA! IM SO SORRY!" Chaeyoung cried out. She clasped her hands together and bowed down "Today, that Jimin guy from our neighbouring company confessed his love to me, and I accepted..." my brain still couldn't process anything "...so this Christmas Eve, I gotta spend it with him. And tomorrow's Christmas Day too."

"..."

Behind Chaeyoung's shoulder, I could see Jimin waiting impatiently for her. I can't stop them from having a sweet date during Christmas after all.

"Never mind. Today is such an important day, how can I be a third wheel. Quickly go back now." I said, looking at Jimin and looked back at Chaeyoung.

"Really? But wouldn't you be alone...?" Chaeyoung asked, feeling guilty towards me.

I shook off that feeling from her by giving a warm smile "Chaeyoung, I'm fine. He already waited so long for you."

"aww, Lisa! You are the best! Then we will meet other days! Love you~!" Chaeyoung gave me a tight hug, that I couldn't breathe for a few seconds.

She then headed out along with Jimin, waving her hand towards me "Then we'll go first. Bye Lisa~"

I then found a corner, window seat in the cafe and sat down sighing. Seeing that my best friend has found a boyfriend, although I'm happy for her, still... still a bit lonely...

"Hello you honourable VIP, we have a 'one day couple' Christmas event tomorrow. Do you have any interest to know more?" A man, probably in his twenties, popped out of nowhere and started talking with a pleasant smile.

One day a couple?

"Let me introduce to you first" Eh?! The guy nonchalantly took a seat opposite to mine and continued "This 'one-day couple' event is held by tints cafe. You only need to fill in the form and can start your affinity matching!"

He took out one of his forms and showed it to me with a flowery smile "Two customers with an answer of 80% or more can be paired successfully and become a 12-hour couple! You can also participate in our fireworks display during the new year."

Wait, what? Isn't this processing a little too fast?! Where the fuck did he even come from?

I shook my head and spoke to him rather awkwardly "No, I think it's fine..."

"Oh yeah?" he raised an eyebrow and gave out a mischievous smile "If you participate, you can get the chance to adopt the shop's cat~" showing me the picture of the cat.

Damn. He found my weakness.

"Please sign me up! Thank you!" I said, raising my hand like a kid.

He gave me a joyous smile "Ok~"

~

What the actual fuck?

_______________________
•One day couple questionnaire•

1. There's a land to build your house, where would you wish it would be?
A. Mountain
B. Jungle
C. Riverside
D. Seaside

2. Which would you choose?
A. Extra 10 years life
B. 1 million

3. Which would you choose?
A. Stepping on the dog poop
B. Being slapped by everyone

4. Cats or dogs?
A. Cats
B. Dogs
_______________________

What is this bullshit?! How can you get any of these right??? Never mind, I'll just write it properly.

After spending a good 10 minutes, I finally finished the questionnaire. I looked out through the window. Ah, it's snowing.

I took a look at my watch. Yikes! I'm running late. I should go back home now...

I got up from my seat and handed over the questionnaire. Subsequently, another young man handed over his questionnaire. I didn't pay any attention to him and headed towards the exit.

I could faintly hear the receptionist talk "Huh? Your answer and that miss are so alike. It's almost the same~! Over..."

I exited the cafe and immediately felt a fresh but a cold breeze. Christmas has come over.

That night, When I was sleeping peacefully with my bunny, I got a text from the cafe.

Dear miss Lisa, hello~ congratulations with your affinity matching! The questionnaire's results matched you with a 95% alike boyfriend. Please come to the tints cafe at 11.00 am to relieve your one day couple. During this event, please use your fake name, and also remember to not reveal any of your personal information. Below is the couple's mission...

Hmm? Whatever, I'll look at it tomorrow morning. I threw my phone across the bed and continued my beauty sleep.