𝐯𝐢𝐢.

"PLEASE, MAY I GO SEE ANNE? IT'S BEEN DAYS, AND IT WAS AN ACCIDENT

"PLEASE, MAY I GO SEE ANNE? IT'S BEEN DAYS, AND IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.". . .

Her mother was making breakfast and Magnolia was trying to convince her to let her see her friends again. It didn't seem to be working.

"Maybe we should let her go, she doesn't have many really good friends at school. It was a mistake, right Magnolia?" Her father spoke up as he walked into the kitchen.

"Yes, it was." Her mother sighed and turned to her.

"Alright, you may see Anne and Diana again." Her eyes light up, and she jumped in glee.

"Oh, thank you, mother!" She rushed out the door, not without grabbing a coat, and ran straight to Anne's. However, she ran into Anne before she reached her house

"Anne! My mother said we can speak again!" She shouted and pulled the girl into a hug.

"Really? I was just on my way to your house to apologize."

"Yes, really!" They both smiled, and hugged each other again.

"You're never going to believe what I did last night!" Anne told her as they pulled away.

"What did you do?" She questioned.

"Last night Diana came to my house crying because Minnie May was choking—"

"—Oh no, is she alright?" Magnolia began to worry, she hoped the younger Barry was okay. It would be tragic if Diana lost her sister.

"Yes, she's alright—back to the story, so I ran to their house and saved Minnie May, and now Diana's mom says we can be friends again again!"

She felt the corners of her mouth turn upward. "That's great Anne! I'm so glad Minnie May is okay. What was it?"

"She had croup." Anne answered.

"My little brother Stiles had croup once, it's such a horrible sickness."

"Indeed, it is."

"Anne! Magnolia!" They heard someone shout from behind them. The two girls spun around and saw Diana not too far behind running toward them.

Once she reached them they all hugged, then pulled away. Magnolia was the first to speak. "How it Minnie May this morning? Anne told me how she heroically saved her last night."

"She is doing much better thanks to Anne." She began, and Anne blushed.

"You must go into the medical field Anne, you would be terrific!" Magnolia suggested, Anne shook her head.

"I'm going to be a teacher! Nothing like Mr. Phillips, though."

"That's a great idea, you'd make a great teacher." Magnolia declared with a smile.

"Thank you, Magnolia."

(TRIGGER WARNING: death)