𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢.

"IS IT REALLY SO BAD? THEY'RE PRACTICALLY ENGAGED.". . .

"Were." Jane corrected.

"Billy had no right, regardless!" Magnolia nodded in agreement with Anne.

"None of us saw what happened," Jane explained. "Besides, Josie's always been ill-bred. Remember how she forced us to play that kissing game?"

"A kiss is fine when there's consent," Diana added though she was a bit unsure of her words. "Isn't it?"

Tillie leaned forward. "They were unchaperoned. Remember when Lavender Lewis was caught doing something matrimonial sampling with Stephen Mills? No one would marry her after that. She had to move to Winnipeg!"

"Josie's reputation is ruined." The redhead clenched her fists in anger at Jane's words. This wasn't Josie's fault, so why did she have to be the one to take the fall?

"Why isn't Billy's! He was heedless and disrespectful! Josie has every right to be upset!" Anne yelled.

"So, I suppose we should get to work." Gilbert piped in, causing Magnolia to glare at him.

"Is it more important to talk about who had the biggest cabbage than to discuss issues with concern an entire gender?!" Anne shouted at him, which was completely out of character for her. "What's your hurry? Need to catch a train to Charlotte's town to see Winifred?" She asked sarcastically, looking to Magnolia with a worried face once she realized what she said.

Her face turned red as Gilbert glanced at her. Why did Anne have to say that, now Gilbert surely knew she had been talking about him and Winifred to Anne.

The class fell silent, the redheaded girl wanted to crawl into a hole and never come out. She looked down at her slate in embarrassment.

"Do you want to write about the balloon, or?" Moody changed the subject, thankfully.

Magnolia sat in the grass by Anne and Diana. Apparently last night Anne snuck into school and made a newspaper then printed it for the entire town to see that day at church. The newspaper was all about how women deserved equality, and other things relating to that, though, the redhead didn't get to read it because she slept in accidentally.

She was still quite mad with Anne for saying what she said yesterday, but she tried to stay supportive despite the anger inside of her.

"How bad was it at church?" Anne questioned as she picked at her fingernails.

"It was one-hundred percent bad. Mathematically speaking." Diana replied.

"How did it all get so mixed up? I was writing about justice and equality! What could be more virtuous than that? I wasn't even thinking about Josie."

"That was much clear."

"Diana!" Magnolia said sternly, she didn't understand why she was being so rude.

"I'm sorry, Anne, but you should've seen the look on Josie's face when she ran out."

"Help me. I need to fix this. What should I do?"

Diana turned to Anne. "Apologize."

Anne sighed. "But I believe in what I wrote! And contrary to popular opinion, I believe a newspaper is where those ideas belong."

"No, Anne. Apologize to Josie." Magnolia told her.

The redhead listened to the class bicker about the incident, she had already given up on trying to explain her opinion, so she laid her head on the table and sighed.