𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.

MAGNOLIA STAYED OUTSIDE WITH GILBERT UNTIL EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED THE FUNERAL WAS HOME

MAGNOLIA STAYED OUTSIDE WITH GILBERT UNTIL EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED THE FUNERAL WAS HOME. . .

She sat with him by his father's grave and talked to him, he told her his favorite memories with his father. She just smiled and listened to him, which was all he needed.

( TRIGGER WARNING: panic attack )

Once it got dark and even colder than it was, Magnolia walked Gilbert back to his house. She held his hand as they walked through the snow and up the hill. Once they reached the doorway Gilbert stopped, she turned to him and noticed his face turned pale.

She frowned and spoke, "You don't have to go inside, you could stay the night at my house." She suggested but she shook his head.

"No, if I can't go in now I never will." She nodded, he was right.

He slowly reached for the door and turned the knob, then the door opened. He stared into his house for several moments, and Magnolia noticed he was visibly trembling and breathing heavy.

Gilbert felt like he was dying, his throat was closing up and his ears were ringing loudly. His head spun as Magnolia reached out and grabbed his shaking hands.

He looked like he was about to pass out so Magnolia quickly brought him inside and to the couch. She helped him sit, then she got on her knees. She grabbed his face and made him look at her, she smiled at him to calm him down. "Deep breath," She said quietly.

He sucked in a deep breath like she told him to, it soothed him a tiny bit, but he still felt like he was dying. He looked around him to get his mind off of things, but it seemed to make things worse when he realized he was in his house.

"Hey, hey, eyes on me." Gilbert locked eyes with her again, Magnolia had a worried look on her face, however, she tried to hide it so she wouldn't scare Gilbert even more than he already was. "Count with me to ten,"

Gilbert furrowed his eyebrows but went along with it. "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten." They said in sync, and Gilbert's breathing seemed to slowly go back to normal.

For what felt like hours, Magnolia sat in front of Gilbert as he calmed down. He finally opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. "Let's go to my house, you can sleep in our spare bedroom."

Gilbert shook his head no again. "I-I need to sleep here." The red head frowned and grabbed his hand.

"Are you sure? You don't have to, Gilbert." She questioned.