𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢.

"EXCUSE ME, THERE'S A MEETING IN SESSION!". . .

The class ignored Mrs. Lynde and kept walking until they reached the stage, where they climbed up the stairs and went behind the curtain.

"Good morning. What you are about to witness is an organized action." Anne said from the other side did the curtain.

"This is an outrage, that's what this is!" One of the board members yelled. "How dare you—"

"—They have a right to their say!" Marilla interrupted.

"We are not here to provoke, we are here to be heard. Even though you tried to silence our voices, well, we have a message for you."

Magnolia quickly tied the white rag over her mouth, grabbed her wooden plank, then she stood with her classmates.

Anne opened the blue curtains, revealing everyone standing behind it with their wooden planks.

All together the planks said, "FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS A HUMAN RIGHT".

The crowd gasped and murmured to each other in shock.

A board member stood and starting making his way toward the stage. "Now, come along now, that's quite enough." He tried to grab prissy's plank but she didn't budge, then he moved on to Magnolia. However, she held tightly onto the wooden plank causing him to fail.

"Get down from that!" The other board member shouted as a photograph was taken of the man trying to grab the redheaded girl's plank.

He stopped what he was doing and looked at the crowd.

Gilbert neared him, holding out the paper they gave them with the topics they would write about. "Thanks for the suggestions."

He ripped up the paper, the pieces falling to the board member's feet. The redhead chuckled quietly.

His face turned red in anger. "Mrs. Stacy! Control your children!"

She narrowed her eyes at him. "They are not children. And they are not out of control." She said proudly.

The crowd clapped loudly and cheered for them, causing Magnolia to smile under the cloth over her mouth.

Magnolia walked outside and sat on the porch. The room she was in before was getting much too crowded and chaotic for her, so she decided she needed a breath of fresh air.

She stared at the twinkling stars, admiring their beauty.

"We sure pulled that off." Someone said as they walked up behind her. She glanced up and saw Gilbert.

"We did."

Gilbert smiled at her. "Can I sit?" She nodded, then he sat down beside her.

"Shouldn't we be arguing about something right now?" She asked him, and he scoffed playfully.

"Probably. You want to start?"

She looked away from him, pondering, though, her mind was completely blank. "I can't think of anything." She finally answered.

"Me neither." She giggled at him, butterflies swarming in her stomach.

"After all these years, who knew we'd make such a good—t-e-a-m?"