𝐱𝐯.

"AND A WORD OR PHRASE THAT MAKES SPECIFIC THE MEANING OF ANOTHER WORD OR PHRASE?"

"AND A WORD OR PHRASE THAT MAKES SPECIFIC THE MEANING OF ANOTHER WORD OR PHRASE?". . .

Magnolia looked up from her slate and at Mr. Phillips. She pondered for a moment then remembered the answer, it was modifier. But before she could raise her hand Mr. Phillips called on someone else.

"Perhaps the good doctor can tell us the answer." What did he mean by 'good doctor'? Magnolia glanced at the person Mr. Phillips was referring to.

Gilbert.

Her stomach did a flip. She felt so bad about the other night, she shouldn't have acted that way toward him.

Gilbert looked up from his book and glared at Mr. Phillips. "The answer is modifier, sir. And I managed to learn that with no extra time from you." The redhead raised her eyebrows at his remark, Gilbert has never acted like that before.

The class gasped and giggled, and Magnolia found herself smiling, however, she quickly hid it and looked back down at her slate.

"Correct." Mr. Phillps finally said, then turned away.

"Diana, you're such a dear," Prissy stated with a smile. "Thank you. Now I will have everything I need for the perfect wedding." Magnolia fiddled with her hands as she listened to the girls speak about Prissy's wedding. Yesterday evening Mr. Phillps had proposed to Prissy and everyone was talking about it at school.

She found it gross that Prissy was going to marry Mr. Phillips, he was much older than her and he was also quite ugly.

"Prissy, do you have a bridal veil?" Anne asked.

"I'm going to wear my mother's. It's a tradition in our family."

"You should keep the sixpence and hand it down to your daughters," Anne suggested.

"What are we buying?' Josie questioned while taking the sixpence from Anne.

"Diana got a genuine sixpence for Prissy, all the way from London," Ruby explained with a wide grin.

"I wrote to my cousin a few months ago, as soon as I heard about the engagement." Diana said and put her hand on Prissy's shoulder. "I'm just glad it got here in time—"

"—Something old, something new—" Tillie started.

"Something borrowed, something blue—"

"—And a silver sixpence in her shoe." Magnolia finished.

The girls laughed but Josie stayed silent, with a cold look on her face.

"Sounds painful."

"Sounds like a magic spell for happiness," Anne said causing the girls to chuckle.

A groan came from behind the redhead and she spun around. Cole was on the ground and Billy stood over him. "You need to be more careful, bud." He smirked and sat down.

Magnolia stood and helped Cole up, he held onto his wrist and glared at Billy.

"Is it healing alright?" Gilbert questioned.

She didn't look at him, she was far too embarrassed to meet his eyes. Instead, she looked at Cole and waited for his reply.

"It's getting there, thanks."

Magnolia could fee Gilbert's eyes on her as she helped Cole to his seat then sat back with the girls. She wanted his eyes off of her because every second he watched her she felt even more guilty about the other night. But she couldn't just tell him to stop looking at her, so she just bit her lip and listened to Prissy finish talking about her wedding.

Magnolia scribbled down the math problem onto her slate, Mr. Phillips had warned them that the last student who finished will wish they stayed home from school, so the redhead was writing quicker than she ever had before.

The door to the school opening violently pulled her out of her thoughts, she looked behind her and saw Gilbert's friend, Bash.

"Sebastian?" Gilbert asked as he stood up.

"Good morning. Pardon me, I need to have a word with Gilbert, please."

"I'd thank you to stay in the cloakroom." Mr. Phillips said and Magnolia glared at him. Mr. Phillips absolutely disgusted her.

"Sebastian, what are you doing here? You look terrible." Gilbert questioned and walked into the cloakroom. And he was right, Bash did look terrible, he must've been sick.

"You're not welcome here," Billy spoke up. "He tried to kill me at the Christmas Pantomine."

Magnolia felt her face heat up with anger. "If there's any threat in this classroom, it's you, Billy." She retorted causing Billy to squint at her with hatred. She turned away from him with a sly grin.

The redhead looked back at Bash and smiled, he tried to smile back but he winced silently in pain. It must've been his mouth that was hurting.

"Return to your lessons."

"Sit still." Her mother told Stiles who was fidgeting.

Magnolia and her family were attending Prissy and Mr. Phillips's wedding, and to say Magnolia did not want to be there was an understatement.

Before she even realized it Prissy and her father had began to walk in. She stood quickly and plastered a smile on her face.

The gown she had on was a cream color instead of white, which was uncommon in Avonlea.

The dress dragged on the wood floor and Magnolia noticed there was a lacy pattern embroidered into it.

Prissy finally reached mr. Phillips and her father handed her to him.

Mr. Phillips removed her veil from over her face and stared at her, and it wasn't a good stare.

He stared at her like he regretted ever proposing, and that made Magnolia sick to her stomach.

Prissy loves him and even if the redhead thought mr. Phillips was creepy, she was happy she was getting married to someone she loves. But did he love her back?

Prissy looked away from him and at the people in the pews. She looked frightened and worried.

The fake smile fell from Magnolia's face.

"Prissy?" Mr. Phillips asked, and she turned to him, the bouquet in her hands dropping to the floor at the same time.

Suddenly, she ran off, and out the church doors.

Magnolia knew in her gut she should go after her and check to see if she was okay, so she did.

The redhead stood and ran after Prissy. Anne, Ruby, Jane, and Diana followed her too.

Magnolia found Prissy on her knees in the snow. She put her hand on her back and bent down beside her.

Prissy looked up from the ground and laughed. The redhead couldn't remember the last time Prissy laughed like that.

The blonde stood, grabbing snow on the way up and threw it at Magnolia and Anne with a smile.

Magnolia and Anne giggled then they took a hand full of snow and chucked it back at her.

AN. . .

hii! so I have a quick question, would you like this story to go into season 3? thanks!!