One

My name is Rosalie, everyone calls me rose, rosie, and if you were my mother and i was popping an attitude towards her it was, rosalie lynn! My name varied between the sets that focused around rosalie, but one always stood out. coming from the boy across the party i was currently standing at.

i fumbled with my hands as the nerves set in i looked around the crowded party, my best friend zane had dragged me to his friends house. Zane was a famous on youtube and for making his appearance in a certain guys vlogs, drunk.

David Dobrik

the words rolled off everyone's tongue with elegance when he was spoken about. I just moved out to LA not long ago, so i had only met very few of Zanes friends. I came to LA in hopes of finding, me again. after a horrid break up and some bad decisions following, i needed a new start. Which is when zane convinced me to come out to LA and well, here i am. I was basically an assistant to zane but on the side, I liked to write short stories.

"Rosalie are you listening???" my thoughts were cut off by zane snapping in my face pushing a shot towards me. In this moment it was zane heath matt and i all standing in the kitchen taking shots.

"huh what? i'm sorry i zoned out.." i said as i placed the small cup into my hands.

"i saiddddd.." he drunkenly held the ending of the word out being as dramatic as he possibly could be. "..we are all staying here tonight, are you?" he asked as their eyes shifted in my direction waiting for an answer.

i bit the inside of my cheek and tapped the side of my face and hummed, "hmmm nope! i'll uber home" i smiled as they rolled their eyes.

"you never have sleepoverssss!" heath slurred causing me to giggle. "you guys are ridiculous!" i said as i slung my head back taking the shot. it burned through my throat as my face scrunched up and so it did on the boys also.

"disgusting" zane spoke.
"horrible" matt followed.
"...wanna do another one!?" the words spoke from heath as he earned a glare from us as we nodded yes. clearly forgetting the burning sensation that just filled through us.

after a few shots later we all ventured off on our own.  i made my way through the sweaty, drunk people and walked to the big back yard where many bits had been filmed in this area. i giggled remembering zane showing me one of him and heath jumping on tables.

i walked to the ledge as my warm hands touched the cold railing. the wind blew slightly and it felt amazing out here. better than what it did in there. i over looked the amazing view this house brought.

"hi!" i heard a voice chirp behind me as i jumped a little not knowing anyone had been behind me. i turned and made eye contact with the brown eyed boy with a face of pure happiness.

"hi" i smiled back at him and he walked up next to me with a camera in his hand.

"i'm david, david dobrik." he spoke even his own name rolled off his tongue with such triumph but yet, humble. as if he didn't expect me to know who he is.

"i'm Rosalie, zanes friend" i said as i extended my hand and shook his.

"oh right! duh! i've heard a lot about you! it's so nice to finally meet you.." he said as he over looked the view around us.

"yeah same for you.." i said looking up at the tall, charming young boy. he fiddled with his camera and turned it towards both of us.

"hey guys what's up! I'm here with my new friend Rosalie, as you guys may know her as zanes BFFL as he puts it.." david spoke at his camera and i laughed at the way he described me.

he continued on talking about something that had just happened previously indicating this would go in before the bit he was talking about.

he laughed at himself and put his camera away adjusting his black hat. i noticed he had only black in besides his red vans.

"black your favorite color?" i asked as his smile intensified as he looked over at me.

"out of all the things you could ask about me you ask about my favorite color." he said as he sat his camera down next to him.

"okay rosalie, yes black is indeed my favorite color... to wear.. but no not my actual favorite that would be red." he said as he propped himself on his side leaning against the rail looking over at me.

i nodded as i listened to the words he spoke.

"i see, mines blue." i said as he made a face at me, "what's that look for!?" i asked as he made it go away instantly.

"blue!? i mean really... blue!" he yelled as i covered my mouth as a fit of laughter came out.

"yes david, blue." i said as he threw his head back and rolled his eyes.

"why blue.." he said as he intertwined his fingers together and his gaze never left mine.

"because.. isn't it amazing how the sky is blue.. but it shifts colors at night and in morning? i mean i know it's from the sun setting and rising but... it's great! you hear the sky you think of blue... but it has so many different colors to it... even grey! i like to think that's how everyone and everything is.." i said as i rapped my foot nervously when i realized i had been rambling on about a color.

"sorry i just.. get excited over silly things" i said running my hands through my hair and a sigh coming from my lips.

"don't be.. i definitely won't think of the color blue the same as i had before.." he said and my eyes lit up at his words and i shot him a small smile. he leaned off the rail and grabbed his camera.

"well, i should go back inside and find jason! he said as he turned around but then back to me, it was very nice to meet you, rose bud" he spoke and waved and ran back towards his house as a i small wave cane from my fingers.

rose bud the words chirped in my ear, that's a new one.

different unlike any other name i was given over time, david was different. he was real and humble, and also charismatic. he was the elegance in the way he laughed and talked in walked like the way people spoke of him.

rose bud i thought to myself as i shook my head and made my way back into the party.