Four

zane had mumbles coming through the phone as i had him on speaker, i was cooking dinner since david was coming over for a movie night.

"zane i cant understand you.." i said shaking my head as i stirred the sauce up.

"i said, do you know what youre doing here rosie?" he asked as i rolled my eyes so hard i thought they were going to roll completely out of my head. David spent the night with me 4 days ago and ever since then we've been basically inseparable, i longed for his presence to be around more than i ever have for another soul.

"were just friends zane.." i said as he made a mhm sound through the phone.

"friends dont cook eachother dinner, have movie nights, and sleepovers.." he spoke trailing off. i gasped and pretended to be hurt. "how dare you! i cook for you all the time!" i said giggling as he agreed, "and we have movie nights and countless of sleepovers and you are my best friend!" i said loud enough that my phone on the other side of the counter could hear.

"okay Rosalie but i am your best friend since like forever. david is someone you just met literally.." he spoke with seriousness in his voice. i closed my eyes and sighed, he was right.

"i know." i said softly as i continued to put things together, "its just i can sit here and talk to him for hours on end about absolutely anything.. i mean zane we had a legit serious conversation about the color blue!" i said as he let out a loud sigh.

"i know baby, im just saying dont hurt yourself by developing such strong feelings so quick, i know how you are." he said, he was right i always fell too quick and loved too hard.

"well zane that was the old me, im being careful. hes my friend, i dont like him." i stated pouring the spaghetti out and into another bowl. i carefully picked up the glass bowl and sat it on the table along with everything else.

"okay rosie, i love you!" he shouted in the phone. a small smile appeared on my face, "i love you too zane, call me tomorrow!" he said he would and then hung up the phone. david would be here any minute and i felt myself more nervous after what all zane said. everyone talks so highly of david if i did like him why wouldnt zane want me with him?

over the past couple of nights the closest david and i ever got was when i propped my feet up on his legs during out movie. his fingers traced shapes along my shin. but that was it, not even the slightest hint of flirting. were just friends.

my feet jumped down off the counter as my toes curled into the soft carpet as i made my way to the knock that had presumed itself at my door.

"rose bud!" david said gleaming in pure happiness. he pranced in and i giggled closing the door behind him.

"i brought lilo and stitch!" he said holding it up in his hands. i took this second to look at him. he was in black short and a black shirt, no hat on. his hair was flying every which way and he looked restless.

"my favorite" i said as a grin appeared on my face taking it out of his hands and placing it into the tv.

"oh my its a FEAST!" he said running over to the table and making a plate.

"you are literally 5" i said as he nodded and laughed, "absolutely.. a five year old with millons of dollars" he said shoving his face full of food.

we sat around watching the movie, i had changed into shorts and a big t shirt with fuzzy socks and climbed back onto the couch, i noticed davids stare followed me until i sat down.

"what are you looking at..?"i asked as he shifted over to me now facing directly in front of me. he studied my face for a moment before reaching his hand up and moving a piece of hair out of my face and a soft, genuine, smile appeared on his lips before they parted to speak.

"you're really pretty rose bud.." he said his hand still touching my face softly. my cheeks got so red im sure he enjoyed because of it being his favorite color, but i was embarrassed to know just such a little comment can get me this flustered.

"thank you.." i said softly back as david took his stare from my eyes to lips and back up quickly.

"are you tired rose bud?" he asked noticing the lack of sleep we've both been getting because we stay up for hours just doing nothing but talking. i nodded and as if on que a yawn escaped my mouth.

"we can go to bed.." he said picking our plated up and rinsing them off in the sink. once he was finished he reached for my hand helping me up, but he didnt let go. his hands engulfed mine as we walked into my room. i slipped into my bed as he pulled the shirt over his and jumped beside me looking at me on his side. i turned on mine to face him. he looked in deep thought and i wondered what could possibly be going through such a beautiful mind like his.

"what you thinkin about..?" i asked as he shook his head indicating nothing. i smiled at him and rolled back onto my back as he flipped the lights off.

we laid there for a few moments before david spoke.

"rose bud" he whispered in case i was asleep but i hummed back in response, "i missed you today, while i was out filming.." he said as i heard a sense of shyness come into him.

"did you?" i asked as i heard the movement of him nodding his head, "yeah. i like being around you. youre not friends for me for my work and you dont hang out with me just to film. its nice, you are like my escape from the real world.." he said his hand grazing over mine before he grabbed it fully and intertwined our fingers.

"Do you ever feel like it all gets to be too much sometimes..?" i asked as he fiddled with my hand he was holding with his other, he let out a sigh, "yeah every once in a while, like when i cant even go grocery shopping, dont get me wrong i love every once of the fame but it gets over whelming.." he spoke as he squeezed my hand a little tighter.

"yeah, i understand.. zane struggled with it for a while.. even now still a little." i shrugged as i let go of his hand even though it was begging to go back into his.

"thanks for asking.." he said as his hand trailed up and down my arm that i wasnt laying on. goose bumps rose through out my skin, and he noticed because i heard a giggle come from him when he felt them.

"What do you mean?" i asked.

"nobody really asks about, me personally. they just assume everything, you always ask questions.. i like it.." he whispered as his arm snaked around my waist pulling me into his grip tighter. i wanted to pull away but i couldnt it was like every heart break was leading to this.

"i like being around you rose bud.." he whispered as he kissed my cheek before digging his head into my back, it happened to be the cutest thing i had ever encountered.

"me too.." i spoke and we drifted off into sleep with our minds wondering into different types of thougths but hoping secretly to be of one another. his arm snaked around my waist, i felt so safe and warm, and happy.