Nothing Special

I sat in class taking notes while absentmindedly running a finger along the small symbols along my inner wrist. This was a habit of mine whenever I wasn't feeling my best. Whatever was getting to me be it stress, anger, loneliness; just knowing the small, detailed, tattoo-like marks were still there gave me a small amount of solace.

My hand stuttered when one of the symbols gently tingled in return. This wasn't the first I had gotten what I assumed to be a response, but it still startled me every time. I scratched out the stray mark on my notes page before continuing to write, this time with a small lift to my lips. The tingle came from the third symbol from my hand, a small sun with graceful rays dancing along the skin. Of the seven symbols, Sunshine (my nickname for whoever this person was) always gave me the most responses especially when I felt down or sad.

I let my gaze drift away from my paper and toward my arm before fondly running my thumb over the small sun tattoo.

The professor's alarm went off in the room signaling two minutes until the end of class. Once again, I jumped a little in my seat. With that, I closed up my notebook and opened my planner while the professor rattled off homework.

"Don't forget, the WWII propaganda analysis is due on Wednesday before midnight. Do not, I repeat, do not wait til the day before to finish it."

I quietly and methodically packed items into my bag, not bothering to watch the plethora of bodies move toward the door. Only a few students were left in the room when a muted *thump* resounded, causing everyone to look to see what had happened.

An attractive man with a stunned expression stared at the door frame he had run headlong into before morphing he's features to a mask that was flirty in nature.

"Baby not here," I grasped the doorway low where hips would be on the average sized woman. "There's too many people." I could help the small chuckle that slipped past my lips. The man winked and mouthed "call me" while holding up an imaginary telephone before sashaying away like nothing happened.

After he was gone, I allowed myself a small bout of giggles.

"You should see the notes he puts on his assignment." The professor shook her head, a small smile on the verge of taking over. "He does little drawing in the margins and writes is name as 'J-hope' or sometimes even 'J-dope'. That one is a character for sure."

"Sounds like it." I smiled at the professor before giving a small wave and leaving. "See you tomorrow!"

What a cutie.

Yes, I made a meme

Yes, I made a meme. Because that's what he is. Even in real life. And we love him for it...

Fight me 💜