→ shu x insecure!reader

this one-shot is a fluff/angst
this one-shot has a happy angst ending
after announcing that shu and you were in a relationship, others criticised you, but shu didn't know until you broke
requested by @Thedriller

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

3rd person

it had bee 3 months after y/n had gotten together with shu, and two weeks after he announced that he was dating her.

it was perfect, everything seemed perfect. she were happy, he was happy, and no one had really bothered her or him.

until all of that stopped. she didn't know how it happened or why it just all stopped. the good days at school stopped. her friends slipped away, and people started to look at her with disgust written on their face.

they had whispered things, texted her things, slipped notes into her locker.

y/n dreaded the week days. though the weekends weren't much different.

even though she didn't see them, they still texted her.

today was Friday, this day used to be her favorite since her and shu would go out after school to the movies.

she walked down the halls, with her head down, clutching her books, close to her chest, clenching her teeth together as girls whispered things about her.

"slut."
"she's so dumb."
   "what does he see in her?"

"she doesn't even love him."
"she's so goddamn weird!"
  "ugly bitch."

"she's so gross."
"she doesn't deserve him."
  "she's so worthless."

y/n whimpered and, starting to feel tears build at the corners of her eyes and she bit her lip, digging her nails into the books she had, and ran down the hall, not noticing shu walking out from his class.

his head and eyes followed her movements as she raced up the stairs, her shoes claiming against the marble floor.

he started to head towards the stares, when someone stopped him, he turned and glared daggers at the girl who stopped him.

"why are you chasing after her?"

"because i love her."

"she's not good enough for you."

"fuck off!"

other students gasped, as shu ripped out of her grip, and pushed her away, running up the stairs, looking around the halls, searching the floors for an signs of y/n.

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

shu sighs softly as he reaches the top of the building opening the door to the rooftop, and he sighs happily, and relieved as he finds y/n, but frowns when he finds her sitting on the concrete, her books to her side, her phone shattered across the concrete.

her head hanged low, and her hands gripped the railing.

he slowly walks to her, and sits behind her, wrapping us arms around her waist, he puts his head on her back, and hugs her tight.

y/n doesn't look up, continuing to look at her lap.

it was a depressing silence as crickets started to chirp, and the wind started to whistle sweet nothings.

shu lifts his head, moving the books, sitting back against the railing, looking at y/n.

he puts a hand on her knee, and frowns,

"hey... is everything okay?"

y/n didn't do anything, she didn't answer, nor shake her head.

shu grabbed onto her waist, and pulled her onto his lap, rubbed her back.

"y/n, tell me, please..."

she frowns deeply, feeling her eyes starting to blur, and her bottom lip wobble, as she let out a sob, laying her head on his shoulder, crying loudly, curling up into his lap.

he kisses the top of her head and rubs her back.

"baby... what happened?"

she gasps, and stutters, trying to form words,

"t-the... they, th-they're so m-mean..."

"who?"

"e-everyone..."

"what did they do to you?"

"t-they s-say the, hic, the rudest things..."

he grips her tightly.

"w-why me?"

"why what?"

"why did y-you chose to be with me..."

"because you're sweet, caring, and so thoughtful, and beautiful... i love you so much, because you're you, you don't pretend to be someone else..."

she starts to calm down, leaning into his touch.

"please... p-please get them to stop, i-i can't take it anymore, shu..."

he nods and kisses her forehead,

"of course, sweetheart.

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

y/n didn't really know what shu did to make them stop, but it worked wonders.

they all stopped, they all apologised, and tried to be friends with her.

her friends came back, eventually confessing to her that y/n said rude things about them, and she accepted their apology but didn't really care for their friendship anymore.

a few more kids transferred to the school, and she became friends with them.

and she was happy, she had her happy life back.

it was finally back to normal starting two weeks ago.

it Friday, her favorite day of the week.

y/n giggled happily, and ran into shu's arms, hugging him tightly,

"so what movie are we seeing tonight?"

"beauty and the beast."

y/n gasps, clapping happily, throwing her arms in the air,

"yes!"

yes indeed, she was happy.

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

hope you liked it

if you liked it, leave a vote 💗

if you have thoughts about this comment 💗