→ laito x reader

this one-shot is an angst/fluff
requested by Jaz_za
wanting a baby so badly, she couldn't help but look at videos, clothing, toys and other things that are for small children, but she can't

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

3rd person

smiling to herself, y/n giggles watching a toddler crawling up onto a bed, before sitting and clapping, laughing happily.

she hums softly, smiling and swipes away to another video, placing a hand on her cheek.

about seven videos later, she lands on a video where a women held her new born and she just stared.

her smile slowly left her face, and began it turned towards a deep frown on her face, before closing out the app she was using, placing it on the bed.

she pulled her knees to close to her chest, and her bottom lip began to wobble, before she bit down on it, and shoved her face in between her knees, whimpering softly as she recalled the doctors appointment she had a few months ago.

she remembers it all too clearly. and that's what hurt her the most.

before the doctors appointment, she and laito had been trying for a baby.

after countless failed attempts, they both decided to go and figure out why they couldn't reproduce.

she remembers sitting in a room that had a jungle theme painted on the wall, with small children's toys on top of a counter, and she looked towards the wall that had booklets of different things when her eyes landed on a pregnancy booklet, and had thought of reaching to grab it, but didn't have the chance to as there was a knock on the door, and then a women came in.

the lady had been looking down for a bit, before she looked up, stared dead into y/n's eyes, and opened her mouth, before she closed it again.

y/n tilted her head in confusion,

"what?"

the lady took a deep breath before exhaling, and sighing deeply, she held her clipboard close to her chest,

"mrs. sakamaki, you can't get pregnant... due to primary infertility..."

the rest of the depressing memory was a slight blur, but she remembers feeling a strong pain in her chest, before she had gotten up from where she was standing and had left the room in a hurry, and then the doctors office.

she remembers sitting outside of the doctors office for a while before laito came out, and sat behind her, hugging her tightly, whiserping loving things into her ear.

y/n remembers crying loudly outside of the office for around thirty to thirty-five minutes, before she was able to stand and leave the office with laito.

it took a while for her to get back into the routine she had before everything happened.

laito had been worrying non-stop about her the entire time.

y/n noticed that laito had been leaving a lot during the day, but didn't care about it that much as he came back usually between 2 to 4 hours later.

sometimes it was with papers, sometimes it was with bags, but she didn't pay much attention to it.

she didn't know what he was doing, but figured it wasn't anything bad.

and it wasn't bad.

what laito was doing for the past few months wasn't bad.