[2]

I feel a sense of warmth against me. I thought I would die by now but I haven't. I was still in pain so I open my eyes.

Instead of seeing the night sky I see myself in a room, in front of me was a coffee table and a fireplace. On me was a furry blanket it felt nice against my skin but then I remember I'm in a random person's house.

I try to get off of the couch but my body is in pain, I touch my back and feel stitches where the cuts are.

Did someone stitch the scratches? I was stuck on the couch and I didn't know what was going to happen to me. Knowing all my life was not to trust anyone, I spent my whole life alone and survived alone. I was my own friend and everyone was against me.

I hear footsteps near me, breaking my train of thought, I close my eyes and pretend I'm still asleep. I can hear the person sitting down and eating something.

All I wanted was to leave this house, but I couldn't, everything hurts when I move and this person is near me.

I open my eyes slightly to see the person but I see them looking right at me. I jump back and the girl jumps too.

"Oh you're awake!" She says cheerfully. She smiles and I see her bunny like teeth. I didn't know what to do so I just stared at her.

"Are you ok? I found you in the forest and I brought you to my house to help you." She says to me with concern but I stay silent. "Can you talk?" I stayed silent, I didn't want to talk to this woman at all.

"Well I guess not." She sighs "Well um... I'm gonna give you some of my clothes for you to change into and some food." She then smiles weakly at me and leaves to grab the clothes.

I knew this was the time. Despite the pain I take off the blanket and then pulling my body off of the couch, I try to stand but my legs were weak making me fall on the ground. I groan in pain from the fall but I crawl my way out of the house. I may be slow but I kept going.

Before I can leave that girl comes back and sees me crawling. She drops her clothes and runs to me. "What are you doing? You are gonna get hurt!" She then crouches in front of me, "Get on my back I'll carry you back to the couch."

I was hesitant at first but I knew that I can't escape, plus she can help my wounds heal. So I grab her shoulders and pull myself up. She carries me back to the couch and lays me there, putting the blanket back on me.

"I know you might be scared but please don't leave, you almost died out there. You can leave once you are healed." The girl says and I just look at her.

She grabs the clothes off of the ground and puts them on the table, "You can put these on when you can stand up." She then grabs a glass of water and puts it in front of me.

I took it and using all of my strength I drank it, it was refreshing. I realize how hungry I was from the water so I tap her arm. She turns around and looks at me, "Yes?" I wanted food but I still didn't want to talk to her.

How do I tell her that I'm hungry? Should I just say it? I was about to open my mouth when she asked, "Are you hungry?" It was like she read my mind. I nod and she leaves the room to grab food.

Soon she comes back with a plate of salad, um what? Do I look like I'm a vegan to you? Ugh I need meat not leaves. Whatever.

I watch her take a fork and stab a piece of lettuce, she then takes that fork and puts it in front of me telling me to eat. I was no baby though, I was able to eat by myself. So I grab the fork and put it in my mouth, chewing the green leaves. Her eyes widened in surprise as she probably thought she had to feed me.

But then she relaxes, sitting down on her leather couch and just going back to watching the tv. Heh I showed her.

I brush my hair behind my ears and grab the plate and put it closer to me. I watch the tv as I ate, looking at the girl a few times.

It only took me a minute for me to finish the salad, it wasn't that good but I was hungry and I was willing to eat anything.

I put the plate and fork on the ground and put the blanket closer to me, I lay my head more comfortably on the arm rest and try to sleep. It didn't even take me 5 minutes for me to pass out on the couch.

I wake up again and see that girl passed out on the couch as well. I look outside through the window and it's day time.

I remove the blanket from me and sit up. My back was hurting but not that much. So I tried to stand up, luckily my legs healed fast and were strong enough.

I stand up making my way slowly to the coffee table. I grab the folded clothes and put them on. It was light coloured jeans with a flannel button shirt and some underwear and a bra. I put it on and when I put the black and red shirt I leave it unbuttoned.

I make my way to the kitchen and open the fridge seeing a nice slab of steak there. I immediately grab it and walk around the kitchen. I eat the steak quietly so I don't wake her up.

After eating that nice steak I felt refreshed, I haven't had meat like this in a while. I stretch my back, getting a sting from the cuts. I remember then that she stitched the cuts up, stupid.

I go back to the couch and see the girl sleeping silently. I laid the blanket on her so she could be warm.

I make my way to the front door, I reach for the doorknob to leave when I hear the girl softly say,

"Don't leave."