[32]

Jeongyeon POV

After driving in the snow for a while, the car finally reaches the forest where it all began. I parked the car and let Nayeon to the hill that we both loved.

The snow crunched under our feet as we walked, the wind blew between the tall, snow covered trees, and the stars shined brighter than usual on this cool winter night.

We reached the top of the hill and I yelled, “Be gone snow!” as I brushed the snow off the ground. After I cleared it I turned and faced Nayeon, “Your seat m’lady.”.

She laughs, showing her cute bunny teeth. I would kill to see her smile again.

I sat beside her and wrapped my right arm around her shoulders. “Are you excited for Christmas?” I asked.

“Hell yeah! Why shouldn’t I be? I get to be with the best person in the world on the special day. I love the snow and giving gifts and making sn-” Nayeon continued to ramble but I stopped listening and just watched her excitement.

I then start to listen to her again, “Anyways, are you excited for Christmas tomorrow?” 

“Yeah, it would be my first Christmas and even better that I’m spending it with you.”. Her eyes were lit up from happiness, she was so excited for tomorrow. But I’m more excited for today.

“I hope you like my gift, I’m really excited for you to open it.” She pats her bag which had her gift.

“I hope you like mine too.” I then kiss her on the lips.

As time goes by we make pictures from the stars. I looked at Nayeon and she was slightly shivering.

“Here.” I took the scarf off my neck and wrapped it on her neck.

“Thank you.” She then kissed me on the lips.

I check my phone and it’s close to midnight. I think it’s time. I stood up and wiped my hands on my pants. Nayeon looked up at me confused. I reached for my bag and opened it.

“Nayeon.” 

“Yes?”

I took a deep breath, “I’ve been thinking-” 

Rustle, rustle~

Nayeon and I turned our heads towards the noise. I walk close to Nayeon and help her off stand up, “Stay behind me.” 

I looked around us, keeping my arm in front of Nayeon.

Rustle rustle

The sound was closer, the hairs on my neck stood up, goosebumps showed up on my arms and a shiver went down my back.

We both heard a deep clicking noise that echoed through the woods.

Bang!

We both ducked hearing the noise. Something flew past us and hit a tree. A bullet. 

“Nayeon, get out of here.” 

She tugged on my arm, “No, I’m staying.”

“You could die.”

“Doesn’t mean you won’t. I’m not leaving.” God damn it, she’s so stubborn. 

“Stay low.” I said and she did so.

I looked towards where the bullet came from. But it was too dark to see and the snow that falls doesn’t help at all.

Bang!

Another bullet, I looked behind me at Nayeon and she’s fine. That’s all that matters. I have to kill whoever is attacking us.

I could turn into a wolf so I can see them but my secret would be revealed. But this could mean life or death for Nayeon and I. I can’t lose her.