Chapter One

Jessica

Today is my first day of grade 12, senior year. I am so nervous, or maybe the nerves come from the fact that I am the new girl.

I had to be de-registered at my old school, St. Joseph's High,  because Ivy failed. It is obvious the teachers don't like her, those are her exact words. That meant I couldn't go back because wherever Ivy goes I go. Joy.

It amazes me that, Mr and Mrs Crompton believe this to be true. They even went as far as going to the school to try to get the Math teacher fired. Luckily the principal at that school is an objective man and they were not able to sway him with money.

So, the bad news is that I am once again where Ivy is, and she seems to have fit right in with the cool kids in this school. Yay to another year filled with torture for me.

As I walk into the school, I feel as if everyone is watching my every move and judging me. I hope this is not a precedent for the year ahead, judging from the looks I'm getting.

I trudge my way along the foreign hallway, looking for the school office.

Now that I think about it, I can see that the people in this school are not too friendly. Not even one person has asked me if I need any help. I'm quite sure I have walked by this statue of a man drinking water like a thousand times already.

Finally, I think as a group of guys seem to be coming my way. They are probably student teachers here because one; they are not wearing their uniforms. Two; they look older than most of the twelfth graders here. Three; they are a bit too young to be full-time teachers, besides they cannot possibly be in any of the grades under me.

"Hi, I'm Max," one of them says.

He is really pretty, okay pretty does not do him any justice. He is gorgeous with those dark blue eyes, super long eyelashes and his tall and fit stature. imagine a Chris Hemsworth body type...swoon! Being around him is giving me butterflies in my stomach.

"I-I-I'm Jessica, Jessica Stanford" I stammer. I'm such a tool. Maybe he didn't even want to know my name...ugh!

"Nice to meet you Jessica, Jessica Stanford." Great, now I'm the laughingstock, seeing as his friend's chuckle at my expense.

"Do you need any help? I couldn't help but notice that you have been circling around here for quite a while." He says to me.

Oh, my gosh, I am so embarrassed; I actually didn't notice that I have been circling the same area.

"Oh yes, I need to find my way to the office, if you could just point me in its direction I would appreciate it." Please help me, please help me, please help me, I keep on chanting in my head.

"Sure, this way...guys I'll just catch up with you later, yeah?" He says to his friends.

"No problem man, you do what you gotta do." They all laugh at what guy number one says. This guy looks so familiar, I feel like I know him, but I'm not sure where from.

An awkward silence fills our walk to the office, and the only sound heard is the sound of our feet shuffling.

When we get to the office, he looks like there is something he wants to say. He keeps running his hands through his hair the sexy way guys do it.

"Well, thanks for showing me the office, I can take it from here." I said.

"Sure, uhm...you welcome"

He reluctantly left, and I haven't seen him since... strange.

Also, some pleasant news is that I haven't run into Ivy either.