Chapter Nineteen

Ivy

I open my window to take a peep when I hear a car pull up and I see that little skank getting out of Brian's car. I guess they are back from Hawaii. She took my life and she is going to pay for that, no one messes with me and gets away with it, they must ask half of the population at my old school.

I thought Max would see the error of his ways after I have flaunted my body and all my other assets in his face, but I see now that I will have to take matters into my own hands. Ugh they look so lovey dovey and it irritates me to no end, little Jessica you will regret the day that you ever decided to come between me and what is mine.

I take my phone and type the message getting ready to send it as soon as the car exits the gate. When the gate closes after the car I press send

Me: Max, you need to break up with Jessica or your secrets will be revealed to her.

I wait a few seconds before I have my reply,

Max: What are you talking about Ivy? You're crazy, please stay away from me, Jessica and my family. We are none of your concern, if you keep this up I will have a restraining order against you.

Oh, is that how he wants to play it uh, I will show him that I have the upper hand here. I send the record that I took of Max and his friends at the store talking about the bet to Jessica, and let the problem solve itself. Oh, what I'd give to see her face when she listens to the recording.

Jessica

"Oh mom, it was just wonderful, I feel like I'm floating on a cloud right now." I say to my mom about the trip, the proposal and just being with Max in general.

"Oh honey, I'm so happy for you, you deserve it after all that you've been through in your short years."

I hold her hands and say, "We both deserve to be happy, I'm also happy that you found that with dad." I blush after realizing that I called Eric dad.

"Dad, huh?" mom says with a brow arched.

"Well yeah, I decided to try it out on my tongue. Besides he has done so much for me in the short time that I have known him. I think he deserves at least this, and I think it will make him happy." I say

"That it will do honey." I get a ping from my phone and I take it from the coffee table and see a message from Ivy, that's weird.

I open the message and there's a voice note, I press on it to listen and Max's voice comes on, "I'm out of the bet and she better never find out about this because that will hurt her."

"This is one for the books hey. Imagine telling yours and Jessica's grandkids that their grandparents met by their grandfather trying to make their grandmother fall in love with him as a bet"

I am so shattered, I think the last voice belonged to Chase, but I could be mistaken because right now my head is buzzing.

I distinctly hear my mom's voice calling out to me, "Jessy, honey, don't go jumping to conclusions, this could mean a number of things. Please honey talk to Max okay."

I then start to think about it that Ivy has always wanted Max for herself, maybe she's just trying to put a wedge between us and I won't allow her to do that. I start feeling some hope that they were talking about something else and Ivy doctored it. I get another message from ivy,

Ivy: I'm so sorry that this happened to you and to think that we all thought that he really liked you.

I don't even dignify her with an answer, "Mom I need to go and see Max, I need to know and today otherwise this will eat at me."