Chapter Twelve

Max

It seems that my baby has seemed to find her confidence. It has been on three separate occasions that I have received a text that my credit card has been used. The bank that I use sends text notifications whenever money is withdrawn or deposited into my account. I am not complaining by any means that Jess is using my credit card, that's exactly what I want.

I'm taking her some lunch today. The main reason I'm going to her school is because I want to see her and maybe kiss her. It's been a week since I've physically laid eyes on her.

As soon as my boys heard that I'm taking lunch to Jess they also decided to go and see their girls. So here we are Logan, Brian and myself standing in line at McDonalds waiting to order. Jess loves McDonalds hence why I'm here, I don't know why the other two jokers are here.

We get to the school as the bell rings for lunch time and the security guard knows us, so he lets us through. We reach the cafeteria and I crane my neck trying to see where they are seated,

"Can you guys see them?" I ask Logan and Brian.

"Nope, I would notice Sarah's hair anywhere without any problems."

The dude is whipped I tell you and he doesn't even seem to care. What am I saying? We're all whipped but I would never admit that to my brother because then he would say I told you so, which he did when I laughed at him a year ago for being whipped. Oh, how the tables have turned.

"Let me call Tam and see where they are, maybe they are in the field." Brian says and whips his phone out and dials Tammi.

"Hey babe, me and the guys are at your school, we thought we would bring you lunch." There's silence then Brian answers, "You guys are such nerds, alright we'll be right there."

He hangs up and addresses us, "They are at the library, said they had an assignment that they had to finish."

We all head to the library and the librarian gives us cold stares. We recruit Logan to go and smooth talk her, so we can go in and see our girls. He comes back in less than five minutes,

"We good?" I ask him, and he nods his head. We go in search of our girls.

We find them at a corner table towards the back, as soon as I reach Jessica I lean down and kiss her thoroughly. "Hi baby." I wait to greet the other girls since they are still pre-occupied with their boyfriends.

"Hi." She responds.

"How was your day?" I ask, and she tells me that her day was good, but she has a maths test and this assignment so this week she is super busy.

"Well I'm sorry to hear that baby, you'll have to buy ice cream, so you can have a companion at night while doing school work." I say hoping that she still plans on buying that ice cream with my credit card, well hers if I have anything to say about it.

"Oh, that reminds me." She says as she digs in her backpack. When she comes up she produces my black credit card. "Thank you for this, I bought a dress and a couple of make-up items I hope that wasn't too much." She says

"No baby I told you to buy whatever. What about shoes?"

"No, I can find something in my closet, if it comes down to it maybe I can borrow from Sarah since we are the same shoe size."

"Jessica, there is no need for that I gave you the card why didn't you use it?"

"No, I couldn't. The dress I bought was already expensive enough I couldn't add shoes to that."

It then occurs to me that a couple of months ago when we had our first date I made her buy the shoes she was looking so fondly at. I then decide that she'll wear those. Although we won't have that discussion now since I don't want to get into an argument with her.