Chapter Nine

Jessica

When we arrive at Max's house I see that Tammi and our friends are in the kitchen with two other girls that I don't know. One of them looks familiar. Sarah sees me first,

"Hey, Chica." She says with a hug.

"Hey everyone."

"Hi ladies. I'm going to take this and leave it somewhere safe. Take care of my girl Tam." Max says as he takes my jacket and bag from me, he kisses my forehead as he leaves.

Amber comes to me and gives me a hug. Thereafter she introduces the other girls to me.

"Jess this is Mikayla and her friend Peggy. Mikayla is Logan's cousin."

Oh, that's why she looked familiar. I note that she's as short as me which makes me feel good about myself some. As I go to her to give her a hug, she puts her palm out for a handshake instead. I feel so embarrassed and stupid because everyone saw that I was going for a hug with my arms outstretched.

She gives me a fake smile and a very brief handshake. Ookay, maybe she'll come around after some time like Amber did. I move on to Peggy and she gives me a hug, but it's a bit awkward after that with none of us knowing what to say.

"Oh, my gosh look at that, Jess and Mikayla could pass as twins with how short they are and their eyes."

I look at Mikayla and see that we could, in fact, pass as twins. We are both short and our eyes are both big and we have the same skin colour which is between olive and fair.

However, that is where our similarities end. Where I have shoulder-length hair, hers is long. Where I am a size 34, she is a size 26 or less, that's how skinny she is. I don't even want to start on the differences in clothes because she is wearing designer everything.

"Yeah, I guess we could pass as twins. Except that I would be the prettier twin obviously." She says with snark to her tone.

Okay, I'm just going to stay out of her way. I go to Tammi and see what she is doing and see that she is cutting up fruits.

"Hey, can I help?" I ask so I have something to keep me busy instead of receiving death looks from Mikayla. I don't even know why she doesn't like me.

I help Tammi with preparing snacks. When we finish, she tells me we have to get ready.

"Oh no, I'm good, I already have my costume underneath my clothes. Thanks though."

"That's cool come with me anyway, so I can see yours and you can see mines before the others."

I am getting the feeling that Tammi is my best friend. I mean the things we do are things best friends do. For example, we call each other whenever we see something we can't keep inside. Also, when she goes shopping, she would send me pictures of which is better, and she just gets me. But then again that could be my wishful thinking.

As I am seemingly left no choice, I follow her. We go upstairs, down a long passage with not a door in sight. Until we reach the end of the hallway and we enter what seems to be a hotel suite.

As you enter, there is a compact living room with a couch facing a T.V. mounted on the wall and what looks like a gaming system.

Then we continue to a little hallway that has two doors on opposite sides. One is open, and I see that it is a bathroom, but we go to the door on the left and oh my word, I am lost for words.

The room is huge. My entire house could fit into that room alone. There is a king-sized bed in the middle of the room with a headboard that goes to the ceiling. On either side of the bed are bedside tables.